The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 563 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 321Likes

Old 07-15-2016, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
The best price going for them is with FullCompass, but you need to call and ask for Darin Philips. I doubt you will find any cheaper shipped.
Thanks for the tip about speaking to Darin! Hell of a nice guy, knows his stuff, and he got me a great deal

JBL Pro Cinema/Crown power/Sony SXRD
MANCHESTER UNITED!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post
Thanks for the tip about speaking to Darin! Hell of a nice guy, knows his stuff, and he got me a great deal
Awesome! Glad it worked out.
Reddig likes this.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This weekend I finalized my theater setup in the living room but I've been reading different things concerning having floor standing speakers as the left/right surrounds. I have S312II as fronts with an S38 as a center channel. S310II for surrounds and S38II for rear surrounds. room size is around 12 feet by 13/14 feet.

I've been reading to have the middle section on stands so it they don't fire directly at you. others mention it works fine having them on the floor. listening to music in extended stereo works well with them on the floor. nice sweet spot on the couch. is this just user preference probably?

Pioneer Elite SC-05
JBL Studio S312II fronts, JBL Studio S10IIs mid and S8IIs rear.
Single JBL S38 center channel
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
Old 08-16-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Considering the fact that the jbl 530's are sold out everywhere , my only option has been to buy it used . Found a seller , but I can't tell for sure if they have any defects or anything . Seller said I could test it out for 14 days and can return it if not satisfied , anything obvious I should look at ? If there's any problem in the audio , it should be immediately noticeable correct?
Old 08-18-2016, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
For whoever still owns or familiar with the JBL S412p speaker, if you had an opportunity to pick up a pair for 250-280 bucks would you do it? I have someone in my state with supposedly a pair for that amount minus grills (no biggie) and no power cords. One problem is that the person had the nerve to use a picture from an active ebay listing from another state. I'll to have ask for an actual picture of the speakers to know what condition they are in since they could be trashed and/or amps not working.

if this person actually has them and they are in great shape is it worth it without the cords? I just finished off my jbl collection since I wasn't sure if this ad was for real. now I wonder if I should've waited. it's a hour and a half drive or so too.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
JBL Studio S312II fronts, JBL Studio S10IIs mid and S8IIs rear.
Single JBL S38 center channel
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
Old 08-18-2016, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1354 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by WormInfested View Post
For whoever still owns or familiar with the JBL S412p speaker, if you had an opportunity to pick up a pair for 250-280 bucks would you do it? I have someone in my state with supposedly a pair for that amount minus grills (no biggie) and no power cords. One problem is that the person had the nerve to use a picture from an active ebay listing from another state. I'll to have ask for an actual picture of the speakers to know what condition they are in since they could be trashed and/or amps not working.

if this person actually has them and they are in great shape is it worth it without the cords? I just finished off my jbl collection since I wasn't sure if this ad was for real. now I wonder if I should've waited. it's a hour and a half drive or so too.
Absent the cords you have to assume the amps are blown. Assume you are buying some parts, and maybe not the parts you want.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 2
hello,

I've recently purchased a pair of JBL studio 190 towers and the 120c center speaker. I'm trying to add a subwoofer to the mix and have come across the JBL 260p or the Infinity Reference Sub R12. They appear to be almost identical and they are both priced very low. Would one be preferable over the other? Does anyone have any experience with the 260p?

Thanks,
Dalton
Old Today, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I have studio 590's for my LCR speakers,I am looking to put in 2 ceiling speakers for Atmos/Dts usage, I saw the Studio2 61C for a good price,just wondering if anyone has any experience with these and also does the speaker come with any kind of enclosure for the back of it. Thanks for any info.
Old Today, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 255
I am totally in love with my new JBL Pro 3677's. Coming from a very very old and used up trio of 4670D's, this horn (2373) and CD (2416-1) has much better dispersion and more top end sparkle in my space then the 2380A horn and 2446H from the 4670D. My room is 13.3x20.2, seating is 11 ft from 125" diagonal 16x9 Elite AT woven screen. Each channel is getting 150 watts from old Crown DCA-300 Series II amps. Onkyo NR-809 AVR running the JBL PRO 8340a surrounds just FYI.
I have the left and right toed-in crossing a bit behind the seats. I haven't tried zero toe-in yet with these but I always believe in aiming speakers to a sweet spot, especially horns.

I think the 4670D needed a bigger space to truly blossom like the smaller 3677 does in my room. As I said I'm coming from old and used to brand new so that could be a factor in preferring the 3677 as well. I was worried that I'd give up mid bass slam going from a dual 15" model to a single 15" but fortunately that isn't the case in my space. Chest vibrating mid bass to the point of giggling.

They are still breaking in too. New JBL Pro drivers seem very tight. I've heard the same from other JBL Pro users and subjectively I can confirm that.

Thanks you again to those who steered my towards Full Compass and got me a great deal. Ask for Darin Phillips. Super cool dude and will give hundreds off retail per JBL PRO Cinema speaker.

JBL Pro Cinema/Crown power/Sony SXRD
MANCHESTER UNITED!!

Last edited by Reddig; Today at 12:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
520c , Athena , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Center Channel Speakers , Jbl , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Professional , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , jbl studio 5 series