The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 565 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 329Likes
post #16921 of 16925 Unread Today, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Guys, JBL LSR305/308 vs Studio 230s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16922 of 16925 Unread Today, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by YonathanZ View Post
Guys, JBL LSR305/308 vs Studio 230s?
I'd do the Studio 230s if you have an amp solution already. I had Studio 230s as PC speakers for a while. The LSRs are powered monitors, so that would rule them out for me since I like the flexibility of a separate amp.

TV: Samsung 55" 3D LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; HDTV cable | Processor: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); UPA-5 | Fronts: JBL Studio 590 | Center: JBL Studio LC2 | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1500 (2)
post #16923 of 16925 Unread Today, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTonyStark View Post
I'd do the Studio 230s if you have an amp solution already. I had Studio 230s as PC speakers for a while. The LSRs are powered monitors, so that would rule them out for me since I like the flexibility of a separate amp.
I don't have an amp yet, I plan to buy a used receiver. I was just wondering if the Studio 230s are inferior or anything, other than the bass extension which I know is not as good as the LSR305/8, but I'm OK with that as I have a subwoofer. Also, I do want to finally go surround.
post #16924 of 16925 Unread Today, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by YonathanZ View Post
I don't have an amp yet, I plan to buy a used receiver. I was just wondering if the Studio 230s are inferior or anything, other than the bass extension which I know is not as good as the LSR305/8, but I'm OK with that as I have a subwoofer. Also, I do want to finally go surround.
Ah, got you. Yeah, if you're going surround, I see the 230 being a good idea. I agree with you on the bass thing; bass management with a dedicated sub makes a surround setup much better.

Not to mention, if you got a receiver, you would have to ensure it had enough preout connections to run to the LSRs since speakers are typically connected to a receiver via speaker wire.
YonathanZ likes this.

TV: Samsung 55" 3D LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; HDTV cable | Processor: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); UPA-5 | Fronts: JBL Studio 590 | Center: JBL Studio LC2 | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1500 (2)
post #16925 of 16925 Unread Today, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTonyStark View Post
Ah, got you. Yeah, if you're going surround, I see the 230 being a good idea. I agree with you on the bass thing; bass management with a dedicated sub makes a surround setup much better.

Not to mention, if you got a receiver, you would have to ensure it had enough preout connections to run to the LSRs since speakers are typically connected to a receiver via speaker wire.
Yeah, receivers with pre-outs are more expensive as well. Passive is the way to go for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
520c , Athena , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Center Channel Speakers , Jbl , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Professional , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , jbl studio 5 series
Gear in this thread