The OFFICIAL JBL Owners Thread - Page 577 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes

post #17281 of 17282 Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 118
JBL certainly doesn't package these for safe shipping. I have two 590s that I got from Amazon when they were running their big sale a year or so ago. They arrived with the boxes pretty tattered and one torn.

The delivery driver told me at the time of delivery that the box had been damaged in transit and that I could look at the speaker and reject the delivery if there was damage. We unpacked it and it was undamaged.

I never understood why JBL chose to ship the speakers with the feet attached. The combination of plastic feet and wood cabinet are just asking for damage by any pressure being applied when a box is tipped. Fortunately, I was one of the lucky ones with no cabinet or foot damage.

Here is hoping that JBL and the shipper don't start pointing fingers as to the damage. Who knows if it occurred at JBL or in transit.

I recently got a 520c when they went on sale from JBL. That speaker came well packaged and the box was spotless. Makes me wonder who is beating up these big boxes.

Hope the damage gets taken care of quickly. The 5 series speakers are gems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17282 of 17282 Old Today, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I was lucky to receive my 590s delivered via freight. They arrived in perfect condition. With freight shipping, the padding was sufficient since it's handled way less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
520c , Athena , Center Channel Speaker Sku Pas749099 , Center Channel Speakers , Jbl , Jbl Balboa Sub 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl G200 Bookshelf Speakers , Jbl Harman Kardon , Jbl Lc1 3 Way High Performance Dual 5 1 4 Inch Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black , Jbl Northridge E30 2 Way 6 Inch Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black Ash , Jbl Professional , Jbl S Center Center Channel Speaker , jbl studio 5 series
Gear in this thread