Triad Speaker Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-07-2007, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Right now im looking for some nice in-walls for an LCR setup. I want to get the best speakers, which for in-walls alot of people say is triad. The problem is im on a budget and cant really afford these speakers at their retail price.

I have however spotted a used triad speaker(pair) for a very generous price. The label reads "inwall HT Gold" which I assume is the older gold version of the LCR's. Unfortunitly im unable to find any specs for this speaker on the triad website or elsewhere. What are the differences between the older triad models as compared to the new ones? On a budget of ~$1000 would it be a good idea/buy to pair up the used triad speaker pair with a new in-wall Bronze LCR speaker?

So im just going to relax, and wait for some dude that knows alot about triad speakers.

Eugene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-07-2007, 11:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Great. I just typed a lengthy answer, and lost it before it posted. Here's the short version...

There is no "inwall HT Gold." I have no idea what it is, and even if I did, they would probably need new grills and frames (could be $220 for the pair.) Get me more info and I'll try to help.

If they are used InWall Gold LCRs, there were two versions. One required 10" of stud depth, and they other one required 6" of stud depth. The 10" deep one actually rotated to aim the dispersion control lens at the listener. If the speaker is 4" deep, it may be a Gold Satellite, which is lower in sensitivity, sounds great, and doesn't play all that loud. I would look at new Triads; either the InWall Bronze/4 LCR at $650 each in any color with a 10 year warranty, or the InWall Mini/4 LCR at $500 each.

Used speakers are risky, which is why they're cheap. They may be damaged, misrepresented, the wrong model, fifteen years old, whatever. I get at least one PM a month from a forum member who jumped on a deal from a private party or unauthorized *dealer* and got the wrong stuff.

Try to get me more info on this "inwall HT Gold" and I'll try to help you.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

post #3 of 10 Old 07-07-2007, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Try to get me more info on this "inwall HT Gold" and I'll try to help you.

YGPM
post #4 of 10 Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Sometimes ya just gotta luv the way this forum helps people. I have no idea how this situation plays out. However, there is simply *no* other way the OP could have found the information he was looking for on these speakers than on this forum. That's cool.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #5 of 10 Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 PM

Liked: 11
I know this post is from way back buy came across it when trying to investigate what Triad In Wall HT Gold speakers were... I still don't know but would like anyone's thoughts on these speakers for sale:

http://*******/1fL4VwB

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions-
post #6 of 10 Old 09-26-2013, 08:23 PM

Liked: 11
Just realized maybe this link does not work but if search for Item # 131001008225 in eBay these are speakers I am asking about. Thanks for any feedback!
post #7 of 10 Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Ask over in the Triad thread.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Post in the Triad thread, and post pictures from the link. In any event, the nomenclature is fractured. No Triad speaker was ever called an "in wall HT Gold."

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #9 of 10 Old 09-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Those are not the current Triad Gold speakers...I am also really leary of a guy who claims to have installed them in 1994 and only used them for 20 hours since install? Seems fishy. Even if he is being honest, 20 year old speakers are still 20 years old and it would worry me that they sat there all that time not being played at all...that can't be good for a set of speakers. That pic of the sub definitely does not look "like brand new." Your call, but it sounds way to fishy for me. If he is not honest about the use, what else is he not honest about? He has a 100% rep but he has only ever sold one thing, way back in 2009, not enough to build a good rep as a seller. I wouldn't risk my $1,400 on 20 year old speakers and those don't hold a candle to the new Golds...the price is a lot better tho. smile.gif

Shan
post #10 of 10 Old 09-29-2013, 05:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

If they're Gold LCRs from 1994, pass on them. The drivers haven't been available for five years, and if there's a problem, you'd have to throw the speakers in the dumpster. Everything Shan said was spot on. El Paso. Pasadena. Pass. BTW, you can get three new Bronze LCRs for *around* $1,400, and they sound a bit better and have a 10-year warranty. Duh... rolleyes.gif

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page