post #5671 of 5689 Old 08-18-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
I have the Jamo S606 HCS3 with an Yamaha RX-A2010.

Im very happy with the sound, but i wanted to try out the C60 center so i bought one, as it was only 2 available on any internet store here in Norway and i dont wanna miss the chance to get a better Center.

However i havent tried it out yet, but im also thinking of buying the C60 Surround's.

Will it be any sound matching problems here? Even tough the S60 CEN sounded OK, i felt i wanted some more, hoping the C60 will provide a better sound on movies.

I have the S60 and C60 center and the C60 is the better of the two. If you have it now what are you waiting for? Try it out! You've got nothing to lose but a little time to set it up.

Afro GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5689 Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello Jamo Fans,

Anyone can tell me where can buy the Jamo S35 5.0 speaker set at lowest price??

want to buy this for my fist AV set, limited budget.!! Thanks Help@_@!
post #5673 of 5689 Old 09-02-2014, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello ewreone
This is my new setup home theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Evd...ature=youtu.be

this one is old setup !

post #5674 of 5689 Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Is anyone of you using Jamo speakers in a home theater environment together with in ceiling speakers? I currently have the Jamo D600 as a 7.2 setup and for implementing Dokby Atmos I have to add 4 in ceiling speakers. Choice is between KEF (about which I found a lot) and the Jamo IC610 about which couldn't find anythingß, Can anybody give me sone advice?
post #5675 of 5689 Old 09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggcake View Post
Hello Jamo Fans,

Anyone can tell me where can buy the Jamo S35 5.0 speaker set at lowest price??

want to buy this for my fist AV set, limited budget.!! Thanks Help@_@!
I never see the larger S35 on sale, only the smaller s25 which can be found for around $150.

Be warned, these speakers have a very low sensitivity (80db) so it'll take more power to drive them loud. Also they don't play much below 200hz so you really good a good subwoofer that anything below 200hz and not be boomy.

Review of the S35 system
http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-system

Maybe you can make an offer with http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/. The sell a package with a Bic PL200 sub and Harman Kardon 1610 for $699.

Just did a live chat and you can get the S35 5.0 speakers for $299. The sub goes for about $300 by itself so that package with the HK 1610 is a really good deal.

Or maybe look at buying 5 of the Boston Soundware 4.5 speakers for $250 and adding a subwoofer if you don't have one. The Bostons will play lower than the S35 spheres.

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; 09-03-2014 at 01:53 PM.
post #5676 of 5689 Old 09-04-2014, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Does anybody have the Jamo IC 610 (or other in ceiling speaker) in operation. I want to add them maybe as Dolby Atmos speaker to my existing D600 setup!
post #5677 of 5689 Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 AM

Liked: 0
Decided to move back to Home Theater after a few years with Hifi/stereo gear. Tube amps, horns from JBL, soft and metal domes from PMC and Spendor etc. Bought accidently a set white gloss Jamo D500 5.2 THX wallspeakers. Consisting of 3 x LCR, 2 x SUR and 2 x SUB 550 (12 inches). I still got my simple vinyl rig and is amazed by how good it sounds. The LCR's and the subs play so well in synergi I almost can't believe it. Not typical HiFi-correct, but damn.. yet so fun and entusastic and smooth for mye a little bit sensitive ears.

And movies and series are where this setup really is brilliant! So dynamic and all channels are in amazing synergi. Good bass from the subs, tight and realistic. They don't go as deep as the bigger models from SVS I've own but are much better with music so I can live with this compromise. In my little crib the big Klipsch setup I had for some years ago would'nt stand a chance.

Surprisingly, I don't miss traditonal speakers! Off course I lost something in the weight of the sound and offcourse som detail and crisp in the top but I can live with this set for a long time.

I move to a even smaller place in the beginning of November so this placement is very temporary. They will of course be mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jamo d500.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	316642  

Sony STR 1040 - Sony BDP S-350 - Jamo D500 5.2 - Pro Ject Rpm 5.1/ Phonobox S - Blue Jeans C's - Apple TV3 - , Samsung 60" Plasma

From Home Theater to pure Stereo. Now back to what gives me most enjoyment and make me the happiest. Home Theater!
post #5678 of 5689 Old 10-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just get my first Jamo speaker: A 804 that is taking place in my HT system as a center channel.
Design is beautiful (black with leather).
The weight is heavy for a center channel.

Driven by a Yamaha A700 the sound is crystalline with a very good definition of the voices.
Small sound details and percussions are dynamic.
The only bad side is that the tweeter is emiting some 'S' sound on bad broadcast TV channel.
Solution: -0.5 dB adjustment of the highest frequencies.

Good surprise: the sound is not directional thanks to the design (open bass reflex port at each end).
Bad surprise: there is no fixation to maintain the A 804 on a flat surface.

Now I need to wait a few hundreds of hours to evaluate the full potential of the A 804.
But it is already a very enjoyable speaker.
post #5679 of 5689 Old 11-11-2014, 06:27 PM

I've got the chance to pick up a pair of Jamo 507a towers locally. I can't find much info on them. I've googled a bunch, but there doesn't seem to be any official info out there.

I believe they are 4 ohm, and the seller is telling me there is a 'special adapter' that will work with my receiver. I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist.

Any help on these speakers would be appreciated. He/she also has a center that says Jamo center 200. I can't find much on that either. And surrounds that say Jamo Surround 200.

Edit: I'm opting against the jamo's... too many unknowns

Last edited by Todd Lee; 11-13-2014 at 12:16 AM.
post #5680 of 5689 Old 11-19-2014, 07:35 PM

Has anyone listened to the new Concert Series speakers such as the C91, C93 etc. ? Can't find any reviews yet. Wondering what they sound like now that Klipsch has their engineers designing them.
post #5681 of 5689 Old 11-20-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Has anyone listened to the new Concert Series speakers such as the C91, C93 etc. ? Can't find any reviews yet. Wondering what they sound like now that Klipsch has their engineers designing them.
The old Concert is phenomenal and you can find them for a good price like C607 on amazon.

The new Concert seems promising but no review or opinion yet :

Quote:
New and improved technologies that equip the new Jamo Concert loudspeakers include:

*Evolved Hybrid Composition Conical Cones (HCCC) that provide the stiffness and strength of aluminum or titanium with the transient response and smoothness of wood fibre that self-damps resonance at high frequencies for smooth midrange performance.

*All-new Long Displacement Surround (LDS) design for woofers and midrange drivers that deliver improved low-frequency response that leads to a more natural, open sound

*Improved Anti-Diffraction WaveGuide (ADW) technology that produces more immersive and impactful
listening outside of the sweet spot.

*Redesigned silk dome tweeter diaphragms with extra-large surround that lower distortion and enable greater high-frequency extension

Last edited by w1000i; 11-20-2014 at 12:08 AM.
post #5682 of 5689 Old 11-20-2014, 12:15 AM

post #5683 of 5689 Old 11-20-2014, 04:54 AM

I have a pair of C 601 bookshelf speakers and like them very much. But I would like to find a slightly larger bookshelf or small tower that hopefully will have tighter bass.

I am unable to read the review since it appears in a language other than English.
post #5684 of 5689 Old 11-21-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I have a pair of C 601 bookshelf speakers and like them very much. But I would like to find a slightly larger bookshelf or small tower that hopefully will have tighter bass.

I am unable to read the review since it appears in a language other than English.
You don't need a big bookshelf ..

Just buy subwoofer like svs sb-1000

Much better integration and performance compare to a big bookshelf or a tower
post #5685 of 5689 Old 11-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1000i View Post
You don't need a big bookshelf ..

Just buy subwoofer like svs sb-1000

Much better integration and performance compare to a big bookshelf or a tower
Personally, I prefer a speaker that has a frequency response in the 40-50hz range at +/-3db. My reasoning is that with smaller speakers, the subwoofer will have to cover higher frequencies and may start to get into the directional range of frequencies (typically around 80hz). With this scenario, you might notice more separation between the bookshelf speakers and the subwoofer and not get as good of a blend. The C601's are rated at 65hz, so I would probably want to cross them with a sub at 100hz or so, which in my opinion is too high.

I have a set of the C403's, and i really like their sound (especially since I got them for $99). So i think if WILWRadio upgraded to the 603, he would notice the difference even with a subwoofer. The 603's are available from time to time on ebay.
post #5686 of 5689 Old 11-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
Personally, I prefer a speaker that has a frequency response in the 40-50hz range at +/-3db. My reasoning is that with smaller speakers, the subwoofer will have to cover higher frequencies and may start to get into the directional range of frequencies (typically around 80hz). With this scenario, you might notice more separation between the bookshelf speakers and the subwoofer and not get as good of a blend. The C601's are rated at 65hz, so I would probably want to cross them with a sub at 100hz or so, which in my opinion is too high.

I have a set of the C403's, and i really like their sound (especially since I got them for $99). So i think if WILWRadio upgraded to the 603, he would notice the difference even with a subwoofer. The 603's are available from time to time on ebay.
Thanks. Yes, I have never been too crazy about sub woofers for that very fact. Seems as though the lower end becomes separated from the mid range and high end of the performance. I prefer a basic two driver speaker either a tower or bookshelf. Prefer a bookshelf at this point since I don't like having to move 40 to 50 lb. speakers these days. My Mirage OM 10's are great but pushing 16 years old now and probably are not going to be sonically "accurate" very much longer. Speaker cones do deteriorate over time.

603's are good speakers too. I actually started with that pair first but returned them through Amazon because one of the speakers was defective. Could not find another pair at the time and ordered the 601's since they were a steal at $180.00 a pair including shipping.

Going to try them out in a room in the house I bought (currently using them in an apartment in a small room) which is sonically very different than where they are right now. Perhaps by changing amp's and also playing with the placement in a larger room I can get the sound I want.

Still need a second pair at some point to replace the OM 10's though. Will watch for the used 603's and 803's again.
post #5687 of 5689 Old 11-22-2014, 11:23 AM

As luck would have it I just found a message string on the subject of Jamo speakers that I have not seen in the past. About two years old. They were talking about how the Jamo speakers such as the C403 and similar models need to be a good foot and a half to two feet from the back wall. I had mine only about a foot from the rear wall since right now I am in a cramped little apartment. Moved them out to 18 inches and suddenly I can hear an improved sound stage and bass. Played ELP's Peter Gunn Theme earlier this morning and it sounded sloppy and disjointed. Bass was splattering all over. Just tried it again with the repositioned speakers and the bass is tighter. Still not quite as good as I would like but better.

Will be going to my house to do some work next week. Will take the stereo system along and try them in the 14' by 14' room that I plan for my first stereo system. Will be able to position the speakers correctly since that room is much larger than the current room which is around 11' by 9'. Looks like something like the C603 would be ideal in the house with the improved bass response which will play frequencies in ELP and Classical pieces that the C601 cannot touch. C803 would even be better if I can find something affordable.
post #5688 of 5689 Old 11-23-2014, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
lots of people are looking for parts for the very first Jamo THX one system which was released in the mid 90's.

they have the tweeter on eBay for sale here

Also some foam speaker surronds here

And the midrange is here and here

Hope it helps someone!

post #5689 of 5689 Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone and fellow Jamo owners!

My setup is kind of old, but here it is: Receiver is a Kenwood KRF X9070D, fronts are Jamo S718 and rears are Jamo Studio 180.

A simple and basic 4.0 but with a lot of umph and very good clarity.

I am still surprised how good the Studio 180 sound if I hook them up in a stereo set-up.

Now I'm off to dig up the ol' Jamo subwoofer thread to get me an advice on which one to get. Or maybe two.

Receiver: Kenwood KRF-X9070D
Front: Jamo S 718
Rear: Jamo Studio 180
TV: SONY Bravia KDL55HX850
Blu Ray: SONY BDP S590
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jamo , Jamo Closed Subwoofer , Jamo S 426 Floorstanding Speaker , Jamo Sub 800 Subwoofer , Jamo S 506 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo S 606 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo A 804 Lcr Speaker , Jamo 7 W Center Speaker Black , Jamo D 500 Sur Lcr Speaker , Jamo S 426 Hcs 3 Wenge 5 Piece Home Theater System Wenge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page