The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread! - Page 192 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #5731 of 5735 Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgust View Post
Thanks for the link, although i read my hk manual some more and thought i might have found why my sub2 out wasnt working.. Not so, and as a result i lost all sound for 2 days because i had to redo my hdmi cable to get the osd on the screen... Anyway i just picked up a sweet new jamo center speaker on ebay today, hopefully a bargain if its legit.. Since my front speakers are d6 do you think this will affect my sound too much?? The new center will fit nicely just below my projector screen..
Glad you figured out the sub outputs. Since your HK is older, I doubt it will configure dual subs separately. I could be completely wrong though. If so, you should still follow the suggestions in my other thread for setting the gain on each subwoofer before running the auto calibration.

Congrats on the new center. Which one did you get? What were you running as a center previously? This would be some helpful info to see if it will affect the sound much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5735 Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
Glad you figured out the sub outputs. Since your HK is older, I doubt it will configure dual subs separately. I could be completely wrong though. If so, you should still follow the suggestions in my other thread for setting the gain on each subwoofer before running the auto calibration.

Congrats on the new center. Which one did you get? What were you running as a center previously? This would be some helpful info to see if it will affect the sound much
I've got a crazy setup(as far as connections).. 7 d6lcr's, 2 d6subs, acer projector, optoma 3d converter, hk 745.. I got that old hk because i was worried those speakers would fry most avr's in my budget... the problem is that to watch 3d movies with the HK i needed that converter and i have to use optical audio because the hdmi is not pass thru.. there is only 1 hdmi out (only 2 in), so when i djust the avr i have to unplug from the converter to the hk to get the OSD to show on the screen, and getting the optical matched up with the dvd was kind of a pain too..

anyway, i reset all the audio settings using the ezq and i got no sound for 2 days.. finally, and i don't know exactly how, i got it back to the old settings and it works again..

The center speaker i got is a Jamo c10-cen.. it is the new top of the line concert one.. i just saw it yesterday on ebay with only one low bid so i thought id watch at the end and put in a low bid just in case, and i actually won.. but the guy hasnt accepted my payment yet and he's a 1st time seller so i'm thinking he might ignore the whole thing.. that speaker looks awesome and i hope it would improve the music experience on that setup as well as fitting under the bottom of my projector screen..

Last edited by dvgust; 02-19-2015 at 01:45 PM.
post #5733 of 5735 Old 02-24-2015, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
jamo surround S420 Inside

Last edited by Home Theater DE; 02-25-2015 at 11:34 AM.
post #5734 of 5735 Old Today, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
Just looking for some advice on something I have noticed with a Subwoofer in my setup. I have the following:

Jamo speaker set A102HCS6 - Which contains the the subwoofer in question (Thinks its the Jamo Sub210). I have two of these speaker sets making the setup a 7.2 surround sound setup.

These speaker sets are cabled back to a Yamaha RX-V675 Receiver.

I noticed last evening that the Blue LED on the front of one of the Subwoofers is very dimm, while the 2nd subwoofer has its Blue LED still very bright. Now I have read somewhere that the blue LED brightness on the front of some Subwoofers is determined by the volume setting but I'm not sure that the case here as I've only just noticed the LED change in brightness yesterday evening and I've changed nothing?

Just wondering is this anything to be worried about i.e. is this just the nature of these diodes or is this a precursor to a bigger problem to come?

Any just wanted to get the feedback from the people in the know.......any help is appreciated.
post #5735 of 5735 Old Today, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithk4 View Post
Hi,
Just looking for some advice on something I have noticed with a Subwoofer in my setup. I have the following:

Jamo speaker set A102HCS6 - Which contains the the subwoofer in question (Thinks its the Jamo Sub210). I have two of these speaker sets making the setup a 7.2 surround sound setup.

These speaker sets are cabled back to a Yamaha RX-V675 Receiver.

I noticed last evening that the Blue LED on the front of one of the Subwoofers is very dimm, while the 2nd subwoofer has its Blue LED still very bright. Now I have read somewhere that the blue LED brightness on the front of some Subwoofers is determined by the volume setting but I'm not sure that the case here as I've only just noticed the LED change in brightness yesterday evening and I've changed nothing?

Just wondering is this anything to be worried about i.e. is this just the nature of these diodes or is this a precursor to a bigger problem to come?

Any just wanted to get the feedback from the people in the know.......any help is appreciated.
I've a jamo SUB 210
that is wonderful sound !
really strong bass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jamo , Jamo Closed Subwoofer , Jamo S 426 Floorstanding Speaker , Jamo Sub 800 Subwoofer , Jamo S 506 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo S 606 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo A 804 Lcr Speaker , Jamo 7 W Center Speaker Black , Jamo D 500 Sur Lcr Speaker , Jamo S 426 Hcs 3 Wenge 5 Piece Home Theater System Wenge