The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread! - Page 192 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #5731 of 5750 Old 02-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgust View Post
Thanks for the link, although i read my hk manual some more and thought i might have found why my sub2 out wasnt working.. Not so, and as a result i lost all sound for 2 days because i had to redo my hdmi cable to get the osd on the screen... Anyway i just picked up a sweet new jamo center speaker on ebay today, hopefully a bargain if its legit.. Since my front speakers are d6 do you think this will affect my sound too much?? The new center will fit nicely just below my projector screen..
Glad you figured out the sub outputs. Since your HK is older, I doubt it will configure dual subs separately. I could be completely wrong though. If so, you should still follow the suggestions in my other thread for setting the gain on each subwoofer before running the auto calibration.

Congrats on the new center. Which one did you get? What were you running as a center previously? This would be some helpful info to see if it will affect the sound much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5750 Old 02-19-2015, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
Glad you figured out the sub outputs. Since your HK is older, I doubt it will configure dual subs separately. I could be completely wrong though. If so, you should still follow the suggestions in my other thread for setting the gain on each subwoofer before running the auto calibration.

Congrats on the new center. Which one did you get? What were you running as a center previously? This would be some helpful info to see if it will affect the sound much
I've got a crazy setup(as far as connections).. 7 d6lcr's, 2 d6subs, acer projector, optoma 3d converter, hk 745.. I got that old hk because i was worried those speakers would fry most avr's in my budget... the problem is that to watch 3d movies with the HK i needed that converter and i have to use optical audio because the hdmi is not pass thru.. there is only 1 hdmi out (only 2 in), so when i djust the avr i have to unplug from the converter to the hk to get the OSD to show on the screen, and getting the optical matched up with the dvd was kind of a pain too..

anyway, i reset all the audio settings using the ezq and i got no sound for 2 days.. finally, and i don't know exactly how, i got it back to the old settings and it works again..

The center speaker i got is a Jamo c10-cen.. it is the new top of the line concert one.. i just saw it yesterday on ebay with only one low bid so i thought id watch at the end and put in a low bid just in case, and i actually won.. but the guy hasnt accepted my payment yet and he's a 1st time seller so i'm thinking he might ignore the whole thing.. that speaker looks awesome and i hope it would improve the music experience on that setup as well as fitting under the bottom of my projector screen..

Last edited by dvgust; 02-19-2015 at 12:45 PM.
post #5733 of 5750 Old 02-24-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
jamo surround S420 Inside

Last edited by Home Theater DE; 02-25-2015 at 10:34 AM.
post #5734 of 5750 Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
Just looking for some advice on something I have noticed with a Subwoofer in my setup. I have the following:

Jamo speaker set A102HCS6 - Which contains the the subwoofer in question (Thinks its the Jamo Sub210). I have two of these speaker sets making the setup a 7.2 surround sound setup.

These speaker sets are cabled back to a Yamaha RX-V675 Receiver.

I noticed last evening that the Blue LED on the front of one of the Subwoofers is very dimm, while the 2nd subwoofer has its Blue LED still very bright. Now I have read somewhere that the blue LED brightness on the front of some Subwoofers is determined by the volume setting but I'm not sure that the case here as I've only just noticed the LED change in brightness yesterday evening and I've changed nothing?

Just wondering is this anything to be worried about i.e. is this just the nature of these diodes or is this a precursor to a bigger problem to come?

Any just wanted to get the feedback from the people in the know.......any help is appreciated.
post #5735 of 5750 Old 02-28-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithk4 View Post
Hi,
Just looking for some advice on something I have noticed with a Subwoofer in my setup. I have the following:

Jamo speaker set A102HCS6 - Which contains the the subwoofer in question (Thinks its the Jamo Sub210). I have two of these speaker sets making the setup a 7.2 surround sound setup.

These speaker sets are cabled back to a Yamaha RX-V675 Receiver.

I noticed last evening that the Blue LED on the front of one of the Subwoofers is very dimm, while the 2nd subwoofer has its Blue LED still very bright. Now I have read somewhere that the blue LED brightness on the front of some Subwoofers is determined by the volume setting but I'm not sure that the case here as I've only just noticed the LED change in brightness yesterday evening and I've changed nothing?

Just wondering is this anything to be worried about i.e. is this just the nature of these diodes or is this a precursor to a bigger problem to come?

Any just wanted to get the feedback from the people in the know.......any help is appreciated.
I've a jamo SUB 210
that is wonderful sound !
really strong bass
post #5736 of 5750 Old 03-23-2015, 06:12 PM

Anyone know where I could find a pair of c809's in the US? Prefer the dark apple finish.
post #5737 of 5750 Old 03-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigpsu View Post
Anyone know where I could find a pair of c809's in the US? Prefer the dark apple finish.

I see the C807's once in awhile but the C809's are definitely hard to find. eBay is probably your best bet. Also check Newegg and Audiogon.

It's really a shame these speakers aren't widely available. I've had the 809's for 4 years now and still love everything about them. Great sound and great build quality at a reasonable price.

Sean
post #5738 of 5750 Old 03-25-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

Quick question. I have a pair od good old JAMO BX150A 3way boxes. My father bought them in 1994. They are connected to an onkyo TX8210R amplifier.

A few questions. First. Is it sonicali okay to keep these speakers on the floor considering i's listening from a chair and my head comes about 30cm above the tweeter?
I first taught floor would be a terrible position following the PA setup rules, SUB on the floor, mid slightly above the head, tweeter even more above the head. However online i read that these are "floorstanding speakers"
And then i also remembered that they had rubber feet on the bottom. So i tried putting them on the floor and honestly... when they are on the floor they sound better and more natural then in any position i tried. Are these actually designed to be on the floor?

Question two. The woofer membrane is a little rotted, suspension is not in best shape either. Would you reccomend replacing the suspension and foam surround or reconing those woofers or buying replacement jamo woofers. If replacement is an option witch would be the best 10' replacement woofer?

How good is this HIFI by todays manners. I mean to me they don't sound as good as my AKG K545 headphones but they do sound pretty damn god when playing FLAC trough them.
post #5739 of 5750 Old 03-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
maybe here http://www.electronics-depot.com/jamo_c809.htm
post #5740 of 5750 Old 03-25-2015, 12:36 PM

Here is a picture of my desk. So i'm reffering to my last post where i asked about the positioning:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...psszh4yjtm.jpg
post #5741 of 5750 Old 03-31-2015, 05:56 AM

Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the new c-series? I'd be curious to know how the c97 stacks up against either the c607 or c809.
post #5742 of 5750 Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 AM

Have anybody had an opportunity to listen to the new C93? They look really nice
post #5743 of 5750 Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the new c-series? I'd be curious to know how the c97 stacks up against either the c607 or c809.
Will respond to my own question here since I had the opportunity to try out the c97's. This is my first set of Jamo speakers so can't offer much in the comparison with the other lines. However, I was able to compare to the Polk RTI A7's utilizing my beloved Yamaha stereo receiver at 80 watts.

What others have said about the Jamo's having a warmer sounds seems to hold true with the C97's. They definitely have a more neutral, and perhaps, balanced sound with mids that extend well beyond the Polk's. At 6 ohms and with 6" woofers, they put out plenty of bass and can easily compete with the Polk's larger woofers. However, the Polk's do provide a tighter punch than the Jamo's broader-sounding low end. The Jamo's clearly aren't as bright either, and although some may prefer this, I found that some of the higher pitch instruments got lost in the Jamo's strong mid-range.

Obviously, preferences in sound and music are going to determine the best fit. I thought the Jamo's outperformed with more isolated, organic-driven music, where you could really pick up on the nuances of the instruments. For example, listening to Bach's cello concertos , I could pick up on the detail of the bow across the strings. When moving to more complex recordings, I found that the c97's got a bit muddy providing less clarity and overall soundstage. Because I listen to so many genres of music, my preference leans to the clarity and clean punch of the Polk's, but please spare me the rotten tomatoes :-)
post #5744 of 5750 Old 04-13-2015, 12:37 AM

Well let us see the best of the two worlds:
My center speaker is a Jamo A804.
The sound is full of details, balanced, omnidirectional.
Voices are easy to understand.

My surround are two Polk R150.
Dynamic, a large sound field is envelopping the rear space.

I have no regrets about my choices.
Latest to arrive in my home the A804 is an everyday pleasure.
post #5745 of 5750 Old 04-16-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifreak View Post
Have anybody had an opportunity to listen to the new C93? They look really nice
Would still be nice to hear experiences from this speaker..
post #5746 of 5750 Old 04-26-2015, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well, I've been reading this thread lately and decided to get a pair of C803's...

Got a good deal used. Planned to use them as surrounds, but I'm going to try them as my mains for a bit and see how they compare to my LSA Model 2's...

Im a little concerned I don't have an amp for them with their low sensitivity. Hopefully my onkyo 3008 will be enough...we shall see...
post #5747 of 5750 Old 05-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
If anyone is looking for a Concert series center channel, I just posted an ad for a black C80CEN:

FS - Jamo C80CEN Center Channel Speaker

Sean
post #5748 of 5750 Old 05-30-2015, 06:24 AM

Hi,

I need some help with speakers, since I am newbie. I would like to connect JAMO S 526 HCS to DENON AVR-X1100. Looks like these are compatible. Any advice please, cons, pros? Am I going to broke anything if I connect these two?

Any comment is more than welcome.

Thx.
post #5749 of 5750 Unread Today, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcobaleno View Post
Hi,

I need some help with speakers, since I am newbie. I would like to connect JAMO S 526 HCS to DENON AVR-X1100. Looks like these are compatible. Any advice please, cons, pros? Am I going to broke anything if I connect these two?

Any comment is more than welcome.

Thx.
As long as you hook them up properly, they will work fine together.
post #5750 of 5750 Unread Today, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
As long as you hook them up properly, they will work fine together.
Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Jamo , Jamo Closed Subwoofer , Jamo S 426 Floorstanding Speaker , Jamo Sub 800 Subwoofer , Jamo S 506 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo S 606 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo A 804 Lcr Speaker , Jamo 7 W Center Speaker Black , Jamo D 500 Sur Lcr Speaker , Jamo S 426 Hcs 3 Wenge 5 Piece Home Theater System Wenge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page