The OFFICIAL Jamo Speaker Owner's thread! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5666 Old 07-09-2007, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys! Again to no avail, I see no Jamo Speaker thread, so I am here to start it off because I just got a couple pairs of some Jamo gear!

First, The Jamo E825 Bookshelf speaker, small but its most defenitely mighty! 100W Continuous, 140W Peak, the woofer in this speaker sounds like a 10" and the best part about it: The woofer has a separated Cone made of solid aluminum, reasoning behind this? No cone on the woofer makes it lighter, thus making it easier to move. The Aluminum detatched cone keeps the voice coil cool with air moving between the woofer and the cone. A marvelous design I have to admit.

I wonder what a pair of E855's would sound like :O

And last but not least is my little pair of Jamo E500 Satellites, 50W Continuous, 70W maximum, with a Sealed enclosure. These little things are awesome, they give you the high's and the mid level frequencies zing! Best pair of satellites I've owned to date!

Whats your Jamo gear?

My Home Theater Thread

The real honest reason I am using my Bose, is because one of the JBL woofers blew out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5666 Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

:O I am surprised to see no one responding, I know Jamo (pronounced Ya Mo) Isnt very well known in the USA, but honestly, before you decide to go off and buy something you have heard of such as klipsch (Jamo is now owned by klipsch as of 2005, though Jamo operates independantly just as they did before the takeover) Id recommend these speakers.

The E825 bookshelf's I have are designed to be Front, as well as surround speakers. They feature factory wall mounts on the back, as well as being Bi-ampable. The lows they give for bass arent the midbass, they actually produce subwoofer-like bass, its hard to beleive from such a small pair of speakers, but once you've heard them its quite astonishing. They also have a port in the back as well.

I hope to see a few Jamo lovers lurking!

My Home Theater Thread

The real honest reason I am using my Bose, is because one of the JBL woofers blew out.
post #3 of 5666 Old 07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I am off to audition some Jamo speakers tomorrow or Friday... one of the custom installers in this area recommend them so I'm going to check it out.

I'm starting to think that since so few people hype them that they may be fantastic speakers!

Truth is all I care about is the sound and I'm going to pick the best speaker I find irrespective of brand name. I've heard a lot already so I'm looking forward to hearing yet another.

Hey, they even make a rock speaker
post #4 of 5666 Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

After doing some research I found that Jamo speakers are very popular (with critics and win lot's of awards) in Europe. I wonder why they are almost never mentioned and clearly not well respected in the US?

Considering that Europeans tend to have better taste than Americans (just look at cars and furniture if you have any doubt) I think there just might be something to these speakers. Should be interesting, the Reference 900 series apparently is a world-class speaker with piles of (even American) awards - they must do something right.
post #5 of 5666 Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 AM

well I own the Jamo Studio Series S606 mains, S602 surround, S60 center and Sub 300 and they are really amazing. They sounded much better than most of the infinty and wharfdale speakers in the store but honestly don't know if thats a good thing though. I have a Onkoyo 674 receiver and a PS3 player driving them and I'm actually pretty amazed at my setup given the limited and overpriced options around this side of the globe.
post #6 of 5666 Old 08-25-2007, 08:34 AM

Liked: 20
I too was directed towards these speakers from a custom installer that my dad has been using for years. Never heard of them so I thought I would do some research....they do get a lot of critical acclaim. They sound great for the price as well.

I'm now in the process of purchasing a pair of c 809s, the c80 center and sub, and 4 of the c80 surrounds. Installer is coming today to look at my theater setup. Can't wait to finally have something decent.
post #7 of 5666 Old 09-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Has anyone owned the Jamo E680 they seem pretty nice looking but am unble to try them out...B&H in new York has them but they don't have a listening room. I am considering the Energy C500's but would love to know hoe they compare. Anyone own Jamo? Not popular in the states even though they have good write-ups...hope this thread is not dead.
post #8 of 5666 Old 09-23-2007, 07:37 PM

I have had Jamo's for close to 10 years. GREAT speakers!
post #9 of 5666 Old 09-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Jamos are excellent speakers (and subs). I've got a setup that's a few years old with equipment that is now discontinued, but they're very hard to beat for the price. Plus, my wife (who would be satisfied with listening to a clock radio if it weren't for me) recently commented on how much better our Jamo surround system (c100 center, e640 front l/r and rear bipoles) sound compared to our old yamaha speakers.

xbox 360 GT = stickydpaul
PSN = stickydpaul
post #10 of 5666 Old 09-24-2007, 08:26 PM

I have c18center

98 fronts

surround 200's

Energy XL-S10

Jamo didn't have a big sub when I got these.
post #11 of 5666 Old 09-24-2007, 11:00 PM

I am a dealer for jamo and I absolutley love their speakers. I carry them along with polk, focal and a few other brands and I tend to alway use these for my custom projects.

I personally have a set of the D7's hooked up with my elite profhd1 and I love this setup. These speakers have the THX Ultra 2 rating which is very hard to get for a speaker.

Here is a picture of my setup
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14058726@N05/1433321999/

If any of you have any questions about their products please do not hesitate to ask, or if you need pricing on a certain speaker or subwoofer just pm me.
post #12 of 5666 Old 09-26-2007, 05:18 PM

[b]jdohman[b] - PM sent...
post #13 of 5666 Old 09-27-2007, 03:09 AM

Anyone owned the new Jamo concert series? viz the C805, C807 floorstanders.

I recently auditioned the C803 (bookshelf), C805 and C809. I was amazed by the mids and highs. Very delicate, very refined, very sweet. The soundstage was spectacular. However, I find the overall sound particularly the bass a little lethargic and laid back. What do you owners think of these speakers?

I was seriously considering to buy the C805 or C807. Have auditioned the Dynaudios, Dali, Monitor Audio, Proacs, Spendor, none could match the soundstage and airiness of these Jamos. Dunno whether it is becos of the set up which were all different.

BTW, I find the C803 not as good as any of the floorstanders.
post #14 of 5666 Old 09-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Jamo 809's and C 80 Center going in the library next week powered by a Yamaha RXV-1800. Current fronts going in back for awhile until I figure out what I want in surrounds. I rarely watch television and movies, but when I do I want to be immersed in the action. Mostly I listen to music - lots of it. Computer is a quad core, dual radiator water cooled system for silence and power [I do have a slight waterfall sound coming from the resevoir - I kind of like the sound in-between songs. LOL!]. I sit in the library working six hours a day and want a quality rig to keep me happy while I work [writer].

I have a question[s] - I use dual monitors. Does my center speaker need to be above the level of the monitors? In a confined area such as a library/den will an separate amplifier help the sound?

Thanks for any help!
post #15 of 5666 Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinmybestatlast View Post

Jamo 809's and C 80 Center going in the library next week powered by a Yamaha RXV-1800. Current fronts going in back for awhile until I figure out what I want in surrounds. I rarely watch television and movies, but when I do I want to be immersed in the action. Mostly I listen to music - lots of it. Computer is a quad core, dual radiator water cooled system for silence and power [I do have a slight waterfall sound coming from the resevoir - I kind of like the sound in-between songs. LOL!]. I sit in the library working six hours a day and want a quality rig to keep me happy while I work [writer].

I have a question[s] - I use dual monitors. Does my center speaker need to above the level of the monitors? In a confined area such as a library/den will an separate amplifier help the sound?

Thanks for any help!

In a perfect world you would want the center channel speakers to be aligned directly level with the drivers from the jamo 809's but that cannot happen 99% of the time because of the display. Most cases the center channel directly below the display with a slight angle up works the best. You will not notice a great deal of seperation because the jamo's image very well. You will only hear a smooth transition from center to left or center to right or all the way across.

A separate amplifier is always going to give you better sound than a receiver will. The power is cleaner and undistorted coming from the amplifier. Doing so will make the speakers much more dynamic and the details will be so much better. This is with any speaker in any size room.
post #16 of 5666 Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyg View Post

Anyone owned the new Jamo concert series? viz the C805, C807 floorstanders.

I recently auditioned the C803 (bookshelf), C805 and C809. I was amazed by the mids and highs. Very delicate, very refined, very sweet. The soundstage was spectacular. However, I find the overall sound particularly the bass a little lethargic and laid back. What do you owners think of these speakers?

I was seriously considering to buy the C805 or C807. Have auditioned the Dynaudios, Dali, Monitor Audio, Proacs, Spendor, none could match the soundstage and airiness of these Jamos. Dunno whether it is becos of the set up which were all different.

BTW, I find the C803 not as good as any of the floorstanders.

I sell both the speakers you are asking about and have used them in many home theaters.

I love the sound of these speakers. Like you said the highs are very smooth and detailed. The Dome tweeter they use is very laid back and not harsh on the ears at all. Alot of speaker companies make their name by having a loud harsh tweeter because people think if they can hear it and its louder than its better.

The reason the 803's did not sound as good to you is because they are only a 2 way. I have found these people tend to muddy the midrange because they are trying to do the midbass and the midrange resulting mostly in the midrange not sounding as good. These are still great speakers but just not on the same level as thier floor standing. Perfect for cabinet people though.
post #17 of 5666 Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdohman View Post

In a perfect world you would want the center channel speakers to be aligned directly level with the drivers from the jamo 809's but that cannot happen 99% of the time because of the display. Most cases the center channel directly below the display with a slight angle up works the best. You will not notice a great deal of seperation because the jamo's image very well. You will only hear a smooth transition from center to left or center to right or all the way across.

A separate amplifier is always going to give you better sound than a receiver will. The power is cleaner and undistorted coming from the amplifier. Doing so will make the speakers much more dynamic and the details will be so much better. This is with any speaker in any size room.

Thanks for the quick response and help. Now the search for an amp!
post #18 of 5666 Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 PM

I'm really torn between Jamo C807, Dynaudio 72 and Monitor Audio RS6. Regardless of price, which will sound better for pop music?

Anyone seriously compared them before ? Would also greatly appreciate opinions from sellers for these 3 brands.

Hey Mr jdohman, you said you sell Jamo and what brands? What is your opinion of these 3 speakers viz. Jamo, Monitor Audio and Dynaudio?
post #19 of 5666 Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylyg View Post

I'm really torn between Jamo C807, Dynaudio 72 and Monitor Audio RS6. Regardless of price, which will sound better for pop music?

Anyone seriously compared them before ? Would also greatly appreciate opinions from sellers for these 3 brands.

Hey Mr jdohman, you said you sell Jamo and what brands? What is your opinion of these 3 speakers viz. Jamo, Monitor Audio and Dynaudio?

I sell polk audio, jamo,triad, focal, and have access for bnw and martin logan as well as alot of others.

I am not a fan of dynaudio and would never suggest them. Just not my cup of tea. The Monitor Audio's I have never listened to so I cannot give you a opinion on those.
post #20 of 5666 Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM

I was able to pickup the Jamo E855 series last weekend for a good price. Very pleased with them so far. Running them with an ONKYO amp

I bought a pair of the floor 855's and the centre E 8 CEN.2. They did not have the surround speakers in stock (so I will hold onto my KEF's for the rears) and get a pair of from the C "line"

Alot of range and I was very surprised with the amount of bass coming from these tiny creatures, for floor speakers. And they are good looking

140 watt long, 200 short for the floors, which I will never see or use, as being condo bound for a few more years limits that
post #21 of 5666 Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 PM

How do the D7's compare to the other well regarded on wall style speakers; Totem, Triad, Era, B&W, Monitor, Martin Logan, BG all come to mind.
post #22 of 5666 Old 10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
I got a great deal on the Jamo A 102 HCS 5 set (5.1 with powered Sub) a few weeks ago at brandsmart - $79! Perfect for my kids' playroom.

It's not a high-end setup, but gives a fantastic sound for such a small package. Handles a surprising amount of power also, without distortion.

In addition, each of the speakers, even tho tiny, is a two-way design, which was very surprising to me, since I had figured it to be a single driver when I bought it.

Question, does anyone know where I could buy two additional A 102 cubes speakers to make the 5.1 setup a 7.1 setup? I've seaqrched to no avail.

Hopefully there are some sets still left at the store, as it'll probably be cheaper just to buy another 5.1 set at that price rather than try to get two extra cubes.

Any thoughts?
post #23 of 5666 Old 10-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Hi all,
will the Jamo S606 package work well w/ Onkyo 605 receiver? (has anybody set it up w/ the Onky 605?)

Cheers.
post #24 of 5666 Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdohman View Post

I sell polk audio, jamo,triad, focal, and have access for bnw and martin logan as well as alot of others.

I am not a fan of dynaudio and would never suggest them. Just not my cup of tea. The Monitor Audio's I have never listened to so I cannot give you a opinion on those.

I'd be very interested in your thought's on the D7's vs the Triads (say silvers) and if you'd heard the Klipsch Ultra II's
post #25 of 5666 Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp2005 View Post

I'd be very interested in your thought's on the D7's vs the Triads (say silvers) and if you'd heard the Klipsch Ultra II's

I will give you a review on the jamos vs the triad's soon. I am in the process of doing a home theater with traid silvers and a vsx94 from pioneer
post #26 of 5666 Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Jamo is (joke). In Europe they sell their best models under 800 Euros and
still nobody want's them. Same as a Bang & Olufsen products (winning design but awerage electronics).
post #27 of 5666 Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 AM

I purchased the E855's a few weeks ago, and I am powering them with a tube amp, which outputs 30W in triode, and 65W in pentode mode.

I love these speakers, they sound fantastic. What a value for the money. I do not think that these speakers are a joke at all. Anyone who get a chance to listen to Jamo, you should, and decide for yourself.

Even with a tube amp connected people think that I have a sub somewhere in the room, that is how good the base response is, and no it is not that boomy horrible sounding bass, but clean, and tight base.

Acoustic, and vocals sound amazing, and they will play Hip Hop or any other type of music well. This is just my evaluation with an ipod as a source. I can't wait to connect a good quality CD player.
post #28 of 5666 Old 11-13-2007, 01:36 PM

Well I just picked up two paris of E600. I got them at a really good sale price of 99$ for each pair. I had been wanting to get the Infinity 152s, for some time, but it proved to be a total hassle to get them into Canada for the price I was willing to pay.

I bought these to round out my 7.1. I couldn't find hardly any info online about them aside from retailers cut and paste info, so if they have the power I need, they will be my Center (R&L) and Rear (R&L). I have two large speakers up front along with an Infinity Primus 350 center.

I'll let you know how they sound!
post #29 of 5666 Old 12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecastle View Post

Well I just picked up two paris of E600. I got them at a really good sale price of 99$ for each pair.

I found a pair for $115, and had been debating whether or not to get them. I finally did tonight, and was very pleased. The bass was full and rich for such a small speaker, and the treble was smooth and clean, not harsh at all. I'm going back to get another pair!
post #30 of 5666 Old 02-08-2008, 02:07 PM

wassup guys,
i m plannin to get a yammy rx661 reciever & conect them to jamo s406 speakers(studio series)
want to get feedback abt this combination & will it be enough for my room, its ard 250sqft,
thanks guys...
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jamo , Jamo Closed Subwoofer , Jamo S 426 Floorstanding Speaker , Jamo Sub 800 Subwoofer , Jamo S 506 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo S 606 Hcs 3 Home Theater System , Jamo A 804 Lcr Speaker , Jamo 7 W Center Speaker Black , Jamo D 500 Sur Lcr Speaker , Jamo S 426 Hcs 3 Wenge 5 Piece Home Theater System Wenge

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page