post #1021 of 1024 Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbg View Post
... I am now considering going with a Stage X center speaker ... I am interested in feedback from anyone who has experience with all or some of these speakers - good and bad, please!
Our experience is that our Stage X delivers a rich, accurate and stunningly real tonality for center channel sound. On soundtracks we've heard over and over before, but then hear again for the first time on the Stage-X, there is usually an extended Wow to the experience.

For example, Sam Elliott's voice on The Big Lebowski -- a movie we've enjoyed over and over again the last few years -- was shocking. The whole movie sound track was.

But hearing Elliott sound precisely like himself for the first time ever, after enjoying the movie immensely so many times before, was just a blast. One of those fun moments when the fun of this hobby just rose up and said yup, this is so worth it.

There are tons of speakers. You'd be happy with a bunch of em. But our Stage X is a big reward every time we test it.
TomC1315 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1024 Old 10-17-2014, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all

Setting up a atmos setup

I have stagex center.
Montis fronts
Scripts rears
Velodyne dd sub

I am thinking of getting 4 em-r for ceiling atmos speakers. Thoughts?

Not really sure if them compared to others or other brands but I figure it is the best offering for in ceiling from Martin Logan.

Any recommendations?
post #1023 of 1024 Old 10-17-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryfl View Post
Hi all

Setting up a atmos setup

I have stagex center.
Montis fronts
Scripts rears
Velodyne dd sub

I am thinking of getting 4 em-r for ceiling atmos speakers. Thoughts?

Not really sure if them compared to others or other brands but I figure it is the best offering for in ceiling from Martin Logan.

Any recommendations?
I have an Atmos 7.1.4 system with Theos, Stage, six EM-R's and a pair of Motion 15's and Seaton Submersives. Everything sounds great, better than ever. Although I can't really say if the EM-R's are better than the cheaper EM-IC's and Helos or worse than the top of the line Vanquish's since I didn't compare them all.
|Tch0rT| likes this.
post #1024 of 1024 Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am planning on putting a Motif X as the center channel on a system for a house we are building. My question is whether placing it partially into a wall that has a fireplace will defeat the purpose of using an electrostatic speaker? If it does, I might as well use one of the lesser priced center channel speakers. We are now planning on using Theos for the two two main front speakers.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor 50 2 Way Floorstanding Speaker Single Cherry

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page