SURROUND SPEAKERS - Bipole, Dipole, Quadpole, Omnipole... WHICH ONE? - Page 30 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: There are many surround speakers out there now, but the ones below would have to get my highest reco
Mirage OMD5 (or any other Mirage Omnipole) 30 21.58%
JBL P520WS / Infinity ES-250 / Infinity Classia C255ES (Dual-monopole for 4 channels from 2 speakers, but also Bipole & Dipole switchable) 8 5.76%
Axiom QS8 or QS4 (Unique Quadpole design) 38 27.34%
Paradigm ADP (Many models available with this design, where the tweeters run Dipole, but the woofers are Bipole) 22 15.83%
Monitor Audio BXFX or RXFX (Single woofer, but the tweeters can switch to either Dipole or Bipole) 18 12.95%
Monitor Audio GXFX (6 drivers, including a ribbon. (Monopole / Dipole switchable) 16 11.51%
KEF 26/2DS (Dipole only, alas... but with two 6.5 inch side woofers and a front-firing 8 inch!!! ) 9 6.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #871 of 871 Old Today, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 12
just a small question, im upgrading speakers to the psb imagine series. will have t2 in the front
I have a 7.1 setup and want to keep it that way, however, in the bundle that I will be buying I have the option of also getting the imagine S surround.
then I will use one of my other speakers for the rest of the surround duty.

for the imagine S:
would it be better to use this as a surround back? or surrounds L-R?
and which mode?

for bipole it states to use the top 2 connectors.
If I place them in the back, I believe I connect the bottom connectors and the side surrounds, the top connectors.

this is the first time I will be using such a speaker, any feedback would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Infinity Es 250 Bipole Dipole Dual Monopole Surround Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page