SURROUND SPEAKERS - Bipole, Dipole, Quadpole, Omnipole... WHICH ONE? - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: There are many surround speakers out there now, but the ones below would have to get my highest reco
Mirage OMD5 (or any other Mirage Omnipole) 47 21.36%
JBL P520WS / Infinity ES-250 / Infinity Classia C255ES (Dual-monopole for 4 channels from 2 speakers, but also Bipole & Dipole switchable) 14 6.36%
Axiom QS8 or QS4 (Unique Quadpole design) 54 24.55%
Paradigm ADP (Many models available with this design, where the tweeters run Dipole, but the woofers are Bipole) 43 19.55%
Monitor Audio BXFX or RXFX (Single woofer, but the tweeters can switch to either Dipole or Bipole) 25 11.36%
Monitor Audio GXFX (6 drivers, including a ribbon. (Monopole / Dipole switchable) 23 10.45%
KEF 26/2DS (Dipole only, alas... but with two 6.5 inch side woofers and a front-firing 8 inch!!! ) 20 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #961 of 969 Old 02-18-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcchiefsfan View Post
You could always go with either one's on the sides and a set on the ceiling or just go with atmos speaker's in the high front position and forget about the ceiling and then add another sub. Just a couple more idea's to drive you nuts thinking about! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Hahah thanks for the idea. Before I had this 5.1.2 I had a 5.1 horribly placed with the side speakers on top of the main speakers and I thought it was good. So dumb.

Now I plan to go to 5.2.4 but change my rear speakers for some direct firing ones on stands.
I'm using atmos modules at the front and I was planning on getting 2 more for the back. Upfiring modules are working for me because of low flat ceiling and I'm renting so....

Also I want to upgrade my sub to 2 subs! Haha
This is driving me crazy. The only thing holding me back is the wife!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jcchiefsfan likes this.

Last edited by LDBaha; 02-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 969 Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBaha View Post
Hahah thanks for the idea. Before I had this 5.1.2 I had a 5.1 horribly placed with the side speakers on top of the main speakers and I thought it was good. So dumb.

Now I plan to go to 5.2.4 but change my rear speakers for some direct firing ones on stands.

I'm using atmos modules at the front and I was planning on getting 2 more for the back. Upfiring modules are working for me because of low flat ceiling and I'm renting so....

Also I want to upgrade my sub to 2 subs! Haha

This is driving me crazy. The only thing holding me back is the wife!

Lol! I have the same exact problem with my wife! It sounds to me like you have it all figured out and I think that is your best option. Let me know if you ever get it done. That bad boy will be a beast and you'll be future proofing with going with the atmos speaker's and if you come up with a way to get you wife to agree let me know because I'm running out of excuses for the upgrade fever!

post #963 of 969 Old 02-19-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcchiefsfan View Post
Lol! I have the same exact problem with my wife! It sounds to me like you have it all figured out and I think that is your best option. Let me know if you ever get it done. That bad boy will be a beast and you'll be future proofing with going with the atmos speaker's and if you come up with a way to get you wife to agree let me know because I'm running out of excuses for the upgrade fever!

Hahahaha. I've been doing a lot of research. I'm still debating if Bipoles or direct sound for rears. I might even go as far as to audition them when the time comes.
I have been able to find excuses on changing AVRs, speakers, atmos speakers etc. But everytime I talk about getting a new sub I just don't know what to say! Specially trying to justify 2 subs!
We live on an apartment so she has that on her favor because she always replies "but you can't play them loud" or vibrations will disturb the neighbors etc. I need to figure out a way to justify at least a $800 purchase on 2 subs.

On my defense, I've cut all other hobbies since I started on video/audio. So that keeps her calm.
jcchiefsfan likes this.

post #964 of 969 Old 02-21-2017, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
We got the Infinity Surround Speakers Reference RS152. Really Pleased with the performance
post #965 of 969 Old 02-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1jones View Post
We got the Infinity Surround Speakers Reference RS152. Really Pleased with the performance
Those are interesting. Do you prefer them over the direct firing speakers?

post #966 of 969 Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Hahahaha. I've been doing a lot of research. I'm still debating if Bipoles or direct sound for rears. I might even go as far as to audition them when the time comes.
I have been able to find excuses on changing AVRs, speakers, atmos speakers etc. But everytime I talk about getting a new sub I just don't know what to say! Specially trying to justify 2 subs!
We live on an apartment so she has that on her favor because she always replies "but you can't play them loud" or vibrations will disturb the neighbors etc. I need to figure out a way to justify at least a $800 purchase on 2 subs.

On my defense, I've cut all other hobbies since I started on video/audio. So that keeps her calm.
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolo...guidelines.pdf
post #967 of 969 Old 02-25-2017, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Quote:

Keeping the better half happy is always important

If you at talking rear surround, and not side ones (also came in very late into this conversation).
I would go direct, for the side surrounds, my suggestion would be still direct and have tried also Bi-Di types, but it is a Preference on my part

For the subs question, 2 subs will always be better than one, very few case 1 is better (none that I know).
I am sure, that you get a better price/shipping value when buying two, instead of one at the time.
Try to sell this idea, save money on the long run

Ray
post #968 of 969 Old 03-19-2017, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 8
In keeping with my Klipsch theme, I'm gonna pick up the RP250s soon as I can. I just got my brand new RF7s and RC64deliverd this weekend. It makes sense, to me, that a dipole setup would create a more saturated sound field... Having little to no exp in this matter I'm looking forward to getting some...mwhaha

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
post #969 of 969 Old Today, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I bought the motion 4's for surround speakers. (5.1).

My couch is on the same wall as where I will mount the speakers. I purchased pivoting mounts.

My original plan was to aim just in front of MLP and 2' above ears.

Before I put holes in the wall, I wanted to verify this as being correct. I can pull my couch forward a foot for movie night, but no just for tv.

I was told the Motion 4's would be good for surround but now wondering if I should have bought the FX?

Thanks in advance.

LG OLED65E6P Marantz 7011 ML Motion 50XT Center ML Motion 4's rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Infinity Es 250 Bipole Dipole Dual Monopole Surround Speaker