Triad InRoom Gold LCR, any owners out there? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 07-19-2007, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
About to place my order for some InRoom LCR Gold, center and InCeiling Omni Gold SE. All the fronts in Red Rosewood.

Any owners of these speakers out there who can comment on their performance in their setup... or anyone who has spent some time with these speakers?

Anxious to get some folks impressions.

I'll be mating them with my Butler 5150 amp.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Beuller, Beuller..
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #3 of 48 Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cinemascope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had a pair of the Gold Classic LCRs and a Gold Classic Center in red rosewood for a while...

The finish is gorgeous, and the models you are buying are even more refined than what we had.
I used them on an ADA setup with a Cinema Rhapsody pre-pro and a PTM-6150 amp.

Certified: Vantage InFusion, AMX A.C.E.
Lutron HomeWorks, Lutron RadioRa2 (Level 2)
cinemascope is offline  
post #4 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemascope View Post

I had a pair of the Gold Classic LCRs and a Gold Classic Center in red rosewood for a while...

The finish is gorgeous, and the models you are buying are even more refined than what we had.
I used them on an ADA setup with a Cinema Rhapsody pre-pro and a PTM-6150 amp.


Thanks. I have heard the InRoom Gold Monitors and they were spectacular. Triad dude says the Gold LCR's are 90% of what the gold monitors are. The issue with the gold Monitors is you aren't supposed to lie one of them on it's side for a center channel, plus I prefer the driver configuration of the LCR Gold, especially for the center channel.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #5 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
DekPM19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pooler, Ga
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

Thanks. I have heard the InRoom Gold Monitors and they were spectacular. Triad dude says the Gold LCR's are 90% of what the gold monitors are. The issue with the gold Monitors is you aren't supposed to lie one of them on it's side for a center channel, plus I prefer the driver configuration of the LCR Gold, especially for the center channel.


Mike when will yours be in. It will be good to hear what you think about them with the Butler amp. I think I remember Paul with Triad saying he liked the parasound with his triads.
Allen
DekPM19 is offline  
post #6 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post

Mike when will yours be in. It will be good to hear what you think about them with the Butler amp. I think I remember Paul with Triad saying he liked the parasound with his triads.
Allen

Gold LCRs and Gold Monitors both work well with high-end receivers capable of driving a 4 ohm load. However, good separates are better. (There are some very high-end separates using digital output stages that have trouble with low impedance, BTW.)

I used Parasound, Fosgate*Audionics, and Citation power amps for quite some time, with excellent results. I am currently using two Lyngdorf SDA-2175 amplifiers for my three Gold Monitors, and they are the best amplifiers I have ever owned, including Threshold, Acoustat TNT200, Audionics CC-3, etc. (Disclosure: Triad is now the US distributor for these amps, but I purchased mine...they're not on loan.) I'd compare them to ANYTHING, and they are only $1,700 each for 2 x 200 watts into 8 ohms and 375 watts x 2 into 4 ohms. As a rule of thumb, the best amplifiers will nearly double their 8 ohm output into 4 ohms.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #7 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
DekPM19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pooler, Ga
Posts: 662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Gold LCRs and Gold Monitors both work well with high-end receivers capable of driving a 4 ohm load. However, good separates are better. (There are some very high-end separates using digital output stages that have trouble with low impedance, BTW.)

I used Parasound, Fosgate*Audionics, and Citation power amps for quite some time, with excellent results. I am currently using two Lyngdorf SDA-2175 amplifiers for my three Gold Monitors, and they are the best amplifiers I have ever owned, including Threshold, Acoustat TNT200, Audionics CC-3, etc. (Disclosure: Triad is now the US distributor for these amps, but I purchased mine...they're not on loan.) I'd compare them to ANYTHING, and they are only $1,700 each for 2 x 200 watts into 8 ohms and 375 watts x 2 into 4 ohms. As a rule of thumb, the best amplifiers will nearly double their 8 ohm output into 4 ohms.


Paul do you have a link to pic or more informatiom on these amps.
Allen
DekPM19 is offline  
post #8 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
www.lyngdorf.com

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #9 of 48 Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

About to place my order for some InRoom LCR Gold, center and InCeiling Omni Gold SE. All the fronts in Red Rosewood.

Any owners of these speakers out there who can comment on their performance in their setup... or anyone who has spent some time with these speakers?

Anxious to get some folks impressions.

I'll be mating them with my Butler 5150 amp.

Are you planning to buy the speakers without ever hearing them?
mnn1265 is offline  
post #10 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnn1265 View Post

Are you planning to buy the speakers without ever hearing them?


I have heard the Gold monitors as well as multiple versions of Triads InWall speakers.... Yes, I am going to buy the LCR's without hearing that particular model but based on what I've heard from many other models, I think I'll be fine.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #11 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Gold LCRs and Gold Monitors both work well with high-end receivers capable of driving a 4 ohm load. However, good separates are better. (There are some very high-end separates using digital output stages that have trouble with low impedance, BTW.)

I used Parasound, Fosgate*Audionics, and Citation power amps for quite some time, with excellent results. I am currently using two Lyngdorf SDA-2175 amplifiers for my three Gold Monitors, and they are the best amplifiers I have ever owned, including Threshold, Acoustat TNT200, Audionics CC-3, etc. (Disclosure: Triad is now the US distributor for these amps, but I purchased mine...they're not on loan.) I'd compare them to ANYTHING, and they are only $1,700 each for 2 x 200 watts into 8 ohms and 375 watts x 2 into 4 ohms. As a rule of thumb, the best amplifiers will nearly double their 8 ohm output into 4 ohms.


If I'm not satisfied with the way the Butler 5150 works with the LCR Golds.. I will put it for sale on Audiogon and get a Parasound Halo A51.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #12 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Need4spdnb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

I have heard the Gold monitors as well as multiple versions of Triads InWall speakers.... Yes, I am going to buy the LCR's without hearing that particular model but based on what I've heard from many other models, I think I'll be fine.

Cajun Mike,

I remember you had Tyler Acoustics speakers at one point. How do the Triad Gold monitors stack up against the towers that you had?

I had Tyler Sig Monitors and thought they were pretty good speakers, I just wanted a little more from them. The imaging was pretty good and vocals were pretty good, but I wasn't wowed, hence I sold them and have been looking for a good replacement.

Any comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Noah B

Theater design at Audio Video Interiors of Chicago, Inc.

 

Right across from the Oakbrook Center Mall.

 

Noah B.
 

Need4spdnb is offline  
post #13 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Member
 
chhelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colleyville, Texas
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm running the following:

Triad In Room Gold LCR
Triad In Room Gold Center
Triad On Wall Gold Surrounds
Triad In Room Gold Omni's
Triad In Room Gold Sub w/500 Watt Traid Rack Amp
Parasound A51
Parasound A23

Purchased based on what I read and recommendations from others and did not take time to demo. Unlikely I could have found the above setup anywhere to demo anyway.

I am totally satisfied and amazed at the sound quality both for music and movies. The Bass will shake the place apart if your not carefull.
chhelo is offline  
post #14 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhelo View Post

Purchased based on what I read and recommendations from others and did not take time to demo. Unlikely I could have found the above setup anywhere to demo anyway.

I am totally satisfied and amazed at the sound quality both for music and movies. The Bass will shake the place apart if your not carefull.

I'm glad you're happy with your system. When you say you're amazed at the sound quality what is that relative (compared) to? Huge bass is great but of course doesn't say much about sound quality.
mnn1265 is offline  
post #15 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spdnb View Post

Cajun Mike,

I remember you had Tyler Acoustics speakers at one point. How do the Triad Gold monitors stack up against the towers that you had?

I had Tyler Sig Monitors and thought they were pretty good speakers, I just wanted a little more from them. The imaging was pretty good and vocals were pretty good, but I wasn't wowed, hence I sold them and have been looking for a good replacement.

Any comparisons would be greatly appreciated.

Noah B

I think the Tylers are very good speakers. I think the biggest reason why I am selling my complete system is because I want more from the center channel and I am sold on the theory of having the same three speakers across the front.

Ty is a two-channel guru and he is fond of tube amps. I'm 95% a hometheater guy.

When it comes to components, cabinet making, customer service, etc... you won't get any negatives from me when talking about Tyler Acoustics.

Another big sell for me with Triad is the fact that the only true option for my room when it comes to rear surrounds is in the ceiling. I will be going with the new Omni Gold SE at that location.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #16 of 48 Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhelo View Post

I'm running the following:

Triad In Room Gold LCR
Triad In Room Gold Center
Triad On Wall Gold Surrounds
Triad In Room Gold Omni's
Triad In Room Gold Sub w/500 Watt Traid Rack Amp
Parasound A51
Parasound A23

Purchased based on what I read and recommendations from others and did not take time to demo. Unlikely I could have found the above setup anywhere to demo anyway.

I am totally satisfied and amazed at the sound quality both for music and movies. The Bass will shake the place apart if your not carefull.

What finish or veneer did you get your InRoom Gold LCR's in? Did you get the optional pedestals?

I'm sitting here with a 6X9 inch Red Rosewood veneer sample from Triad and it has me foaming at the mouth.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #17 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 04:29 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnn1265 View Post

I'm glad you're happy with your system. When you say you're amazed at the sound quality what is that relative (compared) to? Huge bass is great but of course doesn't say much about sound quality.

Go to the Triad website and read the reviews of the Gold PowerSub. It had the fastest pulse response one reviewer ever measured in a subwoofer. It actually does not have "huge" bass, playing to fairly high levels, but the emphasis in design was on articulate bass with extension. Ed Mullen measured response flat to 13 Hz in his room, partially because of room gain. The Eminence driver isn't one of those floppy devices with 2" of x-max, the enclosure is as dead as Kelsey's nuts, and we use a real amplifier with a damping factor of 1000:1 (not that damping factor is all that important.)

I'm using two of these subs in my theater, so in addition to nice, deep, clear bass, I also have "huge" bass when I need it. We tend not to talk about our subs much, but I thought I would set the record straight.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #18 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 09:10 AM
ekb
AVS Special Member
 
ekb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Posts: 4,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

and we use a real amplifier

Paul - can you please elaborate on what you mean by a "real" amplifier.

Ed
ekb is offline  
post #19 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb View Post

Paul - can you please elaborate on what you mean by a "real" amplifier.

Many sub and receiver amplifier sections have very "optimistic" power ratings. They're not as bad as the "1,000 watt car audio amplifier for $39.95" products, but quite a few subwoofer amps have a short duty cycle, and after a full second or two at full power, they may sag to 15% power output.

We're working on new subwoofer amplifiers with digital front ends, but the current RackAmp series for our PowerSubs have real power. The basic RackAmp250 has a peak output of 350 watts. The RackAmp500 and RackAmp1000 do 500 and 1,000 watts continuous, and peak at 700 watts and 1,400 watts. They're stable into a 3 ohm load, and they have high damping factors. Actually, the 250 and 500 are 2,000:1 and the RackAmp1000 is 1,000:1. We're using ICEpower modules, which are technically Class D, although B&O claims otherwise. Due to the efficiency of the amps (78%-84% at full power), we encounter no thermal problems, either. Most Class B or Class AB subwoofer amplifiers have issues with heat, which shortens their life and causes them to go into thermal overload and shut down when driven hard for extended periods of time...like the length of a movie, for instance.

I'm not saying our sub amplifiers are Krell-like, but they are robust, and the sound quality is good enough that they could be run full-range with excellent results. Many subwoofer amplifiers are not what I would call *real* amplifiers.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #20 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Many sub and receiver amplifier sections have very "optimistic" power ratings. They're not as bad as the "1,000 watt car audio amplifier for $39.95" products, but quite a few subwoofer amps have a short duty cycle, and after a full second or two at full power, they may sag to 15% power output.

We're working on new subwoofer amplifiers with digital front ends, but the current RackAmp series for our PowerSubs have real power. The basic RackAmp250 has a peak output of 350 watts. The RackAmp500 and RackAmp1000 do 500 and 1,000 watts continuous, and peak at 700 watts and 1,400 watts. They're stable into a 3 ohm load, and they have high damping factors. Actually, the 250 and 500 are 2,000:1 and the RackAmp1000 is 1,000:1. We're using ICEpower modules, which are technically Class D, although B&O claims otherwise. Due to the efficiency of the amps (78%-84% at full power), we encounter no thermal problems, either. Most Class B or Class AB subwoofer amplifiers have issues with heat, which shortens their life and causes them to go into thermal overload and shut down when driven hard for extended periods of time...like the length of a movie, for instance.

I'm not saying our sub amplifiers are Krell-like, but they are robust, and the sound quality is good enough that they could be run full-range with excellent results. Many subwoofer amplifiers are not what I would call *real* amplifiers.

Paul, where would the BASH amps used by many subwoofer brands fall in what you are describing?
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #21 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

Paul, where would the BASH amps used by many subwoofer brands fall in what you are describing?

Our next sub amps will be based upon the BASH platform, and design work is well underway.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #22 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
ekb
AVS Special Member
 
ekb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
Posts: 4,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Paul.

Ed
ekb is offline  
post #23 of 48 Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Go to the Triad website and read the reviews of the Gold PowerSub. It had the fastest pulse response one reviewer ever measured in a subwoofer. It actually does not have "huge" bass, playing to fairly high levels, but the emphasis in design was on articulate bass with extension. Ed Mullen measured response flat to 13 Hz in his room, partially because of room gain. The Eminence driver isn't one of those floppy devices with 2" of x-max, the enclosure is as dead as Kelsey's nuts, and we use a real amplifier with a damping factor of 1000:1 (not that damping factor is all that important.)

I'm using two of these subs in my theater, so in addition to nice, deep, clear bass, I also have "huge" bass when I need it. We tend not to talk about our subs much, but I thought I would set the record straight.

I did in fact read those reviews some time ago but of course all the reviews, specification sheets and hype in the world can't compare to just a few minutes listening to a speaker with my own ears.

According to a first hand account "The Bass will shake the place apart if your not carefull" and that sounds "huge" to me!

I'll accept your more precise description of the sub though Paul.

As a scientifically trained person myself (in biochemistry not acoustics) I can certainly appreciate good empirical evidence and data about the physical characteristics of your subwoofer speakers but my affinity to the scientific method precludes me from interpreting it as an indication that they'll sound great to me in my home theater. That would be a scientifically invalid conclusion. I don't want to come across as unfair or overly critical (if there is such a thing) but I've yet to see any valid experimental evidence that your company or anyone for that matter can quantify by measurement what will sound great to my ear in my home theater. To be honest I believe that they may sound very good or even great but tossing out data only serves to confuse people - I'm sure you're not claiming to have solved the physics of personal preference when it comes to speaker sound reproduction? I'm just saying that to set the record straight.

Since we're on the subject I can add that I've not been impressed with some of the tactics of your speaker company and since you're obviously an official representative I'll take the opportunity inform you why that is the case (not that you necessarily care what I think ). You may not be aware that I was recently quite enthused about the prospects of auditioning your speakers after reading all the positive comments I read on this forum. However, after speaking with the local Triad rep in my area that all changed abruptly. He informed me that it is very difficult to arrange an audition (much less a direct speaker comparison) because you cater to custom installers and have no "retail" outlet. He did say he'd look into finding somewhere for me to listen to at least some model of Triad speaker but he never did bother to return my phone call.

From all of that I can only assume that your company deliberately targets speaker sales to people that will rarely or never be given an opportunity to directly compare your speakers to other makes (or even hear them before installation). Since I know you can't dispute that actually listening to a loudspeaker is the only way to make an inheriently subjective choice about speaker preference I must conclude your business relies on marketing and hype as much or more than actual performance to sell your products. As a logical extension of that your role on this forum seems to be self evident.

I don't mean to sound harsh because unfortunately a vast majority of corporations today have no ethics whatsoever and your transgressions (as I see them anyway) are probably tame relative to many others; however yours certainly is not the kind of business I'd patronize under the circumstances. This is a classic case of buyer beware if there ever was one.

I know you'll have a defense but please consider it for what it's worth and drop a little note in the company picnic suggestion box to change your tactics. If your speakers really were half as good as the claims made on this forum I think it's a shame you restrict sales to those that buy strictly on faith... let's call the change a faith based initiative!
mnn1265 is offline  
post #24 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 05:19 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm sorry a Triad audition could not be arranged for you. Obviously, you are bitter, and I understand.

Retail dealers have no interest in displaying Triad speakers, which is a custom brand. We did not decide to make a demo difficult to experience. We also don't have thousands of dealers, compounded by the fact that we have over 70 products. The chance of actually hearing a particular Triad speaker is thin, and especially in the boonies, but it is certainly not, as you state, a "tactic."

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #25 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

I'm sorry a Triad audition could not be arranged for you. Obviously, you are bitter, and I understand.

Retail dealers have no interest in displaying Triad speakers, which is a custom brand. We did not decide to make a demo difficult to experience. We also don't have thousands of dealers, compounded by the fact that we have over 70 products. The chance of actually hearing a particular Triad speaker is thin, and especially in the boonies, but it is certainly not, as you state, a "tactic."

Based on your response you're clearly not sorry and I seriously doubt you understand. However, considering you didn't dispute the validity of my points I'll accept your marketing oriented response - I honestly expected no different.

You flatter yourself... I'm certainly not "bitter" because I can't hear your loudspeaker. There are what, 699 other brands to choose from? Yes, I would have taken the time to consider your product (as I do scores of others) but I don't anticipate losing sleep over it.

Defense acknowledge... there's just nobody that want's to display your speakers.

I'll leave it alone now because I know you do have fans and I can't blame you for doing your job (I know you don't set company policy) but I still encourage you to prompt your company to find away around your "philosophy" (not a "tactic") of selling your speakers sound-unheard.
mnn1265 is offline  
post #26 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnn1265 View Post

Based on your response you're clearly not sorry and I seriously doubt you understand. However, considering you didn't dispute the validity of my points I'll accept your marketing oriented response - I honestly expected no different.

You flatter yourself... I'm certainly not "bitter" because I can't hear your loudspeaker. There are what, 699 other brands to choose from? Yes, I would have taken the time to consider your product (as I do scores of others) but I don't anticipate losing sleep over it.

Defense acknowledge... there's just nobody that want's to display your speakers.

I'll leave it alone now because I know you do have fans and I can't blame you for doing your job (I know you don't set company policy) but I still encourage you to prompt your company to find away around your "philosophy" (not a "tactic") of selling your speakers sound-unheard.


Congrats for winning this weeks, "Douchebag of the week award".

I live in South Louisiana and I have been in this hobby since the mid-90's. I can tell you that there are many speaker brands that I have desperately wanted to demo over the years but there hasn't been an authorized dealer nearby for me to do so. And guess what else, when there is a dealer nearby that does carry a line I want to listen too, more often than not, they don't have the particular model that I'm most interested in because I gravitate towards the higher end stuff and most folks in this state are not in the market for the higher end of most speaker companies lines.

Dali ... Have always wanted to give them a listen, but closest stocking dealer is 10 hours round trip.

PSB Platinum ... Their local dealer is an alarm company who only stocks their image line.

Sonus Faber Domus ... Closest dealer is 10 hours round trip. Spoke with dealer and he isnt stocking it yet.

Atlantic Technology ... Dealer two hours round trip. Doesn't stock the new packages with the "e" after the numbers because he just bought up all the old AT stock .... but he's willing to order me a 6200e package but it's mine when it comes in with no refunds.

Definitive Technology Trinity sub. Called four dealers within a small driving distance. Not in stock, special order, 1/2 down to order. Mine when it comes in or lose deposit.

JLaudio f113 sub. Called every dealer in this state. Not in stock. special order. Pay for in advance.

I could go on and on and on. What it boils down too is that in my region, I've basically got Circuit City and Best Buy and a few independent dealers (mostly alarm companies that dabble in hometheater) that do not stock anything because they would be out of business if they stocked everything I would be in the market for.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #27 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

Congrats for winning this weeks, "Douchebag of the week award".

Oh the irony... the big mouth that resorts to name-calling handing out inane awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

I could go on and on and on. What it boils down too is that in my region, I've basically got Circuit City and Best Buy and a few independent dealers (mostly alarm companies that dabble in hometheater) that do not stock anything because they would be out of business if they stocked everything I would be in the market for.

So, let me get this straight. Because you live in the boonies it's wrong for those of us that want to actually listen to speakers before we buy them to expect that we can? I wish you had a point other than the fact that you buy speakers based on other people's opinions of them. I'll leave you with this rhetorical question, "who's the real douchebag?"
mnn1265 is offline  
post #28 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cajun_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnn1265 View Post

Oh the irony... the big mouth that resorts to name-calling handing out inane awards.


So, let me get this straight. Because you live in the boonies it's wrong for those of us that want to actually listen to speakers before we buy them to expect that we can? I wish you had a point other than the fact that you buy speakers based on other people's opinions of them. I'll leave you with this rhetorical question, "who's the real douchebag?"


I have listened to the InRoom Gold Monitors extensively. I have also heard many models of the Triad In-Ceiling and InWall Gold speakers. I spent an entire afternoon at my Triad dealers home listening to music, watching passages from various movies, etc. All in a real world environment. This dealer is ISF trained, THX certified and has other certifications. He's going to install and calibrate my entire system.

Do you post similar messages on threads involving SVS subwoofers, Outlaw audio, all the speakers from **********, Axiom, HSU and dozens more internet direct companies? Are all those people stupid?

Two years ago I bought a high canon digital camera that my local best buy didnt carry along with some high end lenses. There is one camera shop in my town and he only carries Nikon. Was it foolish of me to make such a purchase?

Are all those people on the receiver forum who have blindly ordered the new Onkyo 2007 receivers foolish because they are ordering those units off of spec sheets? Same for the Denon receiver folks.

How many Triad dealers are there in Wisconsin? How many did you call? There are two Triad dealers that will service my area. I bet there's more than that in your geographic area.

You are going to have to try harder my friend. Your arguments are ridiculous. You also don't understand this industry very well. This isnt the 70's and 80's where there were stereo shops in every strip mall. They are a dying breed.

If you arent a big box chain, you are a slimmed down independent custom installer who specializes in order to keep food on the table.

It's a Wal Mart society brother. The masses want the Sam's Club special, made in china. That's why Bose is a zillion dollar company.
Cajun_Mike is offline  
post #29 of 48 Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mnn1265's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

I have listened to the InRoom Gold Monitors extensively. I have also heard many models of the Triad In-Ceiling and InWall Gold speakers. I spent an entire afternoon at my Triad dealers home listening to music, watching passages from various movies, etc. All in a real world environment. This dealer is ISF trained, THX certified and has other certifications.

Well now which is it? First you claim to basically only have CC and BB now all of a sudden you're best buddies with your homey from Triad... You work for Triad? Full disclosure bud....

Assuming for a min that you'll deny any financial interest in Triad speakers I'll ask you why you would then defend the practice when you yourself have been given the opportunity to listen to them? Again, perhaps you honor yourself with your prestigious award.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

Do you post similar messages on threads involving SVS subwoofers, Outlaw audio, all the speakers from **********, Axiom, HSU and dozens more internet direct companies? Are all those people stupid?

Yes I have the same opinion of other companies that have a similar business practice and have posted as such... however some of those companies you mentioned go out of their way to arrange an audition so you're barking up the wrong tree. Don't confuse all ID businesses with those that operate like Triad (and others). People that buy speakers without ever hearing them are probably not stupid but it does seem foolish (unless there is just no way to physically arrange to listen to a reasonable sample of speakers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

Two years ago I bought a high canon digital camera that my local best buy didnt carry along with some high end lenses. There is one camera shop in my town and he only carries Nikon. Was it foolish of me to make such a purchase?

You still don't get it do you? Personal preference may play a role in selecting a camera but it's not nearly as subjective a decision as choosing a loudspeaker. You may consider doing some remedial reading on this forum if you haven't gathered that by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

How many Triad dealers are there in Wisconsin? How many did you call? There are two Triad dealers that will service my area. I bet there's more than that in your geographic area.

You are going to have to try harder my friend. Your arguments are ridiculous. You also don't understand this industry very well. This isnt the 70's and 80's where there were stereo shops in every strip mall. They are a dying breed.

There is one rep in my state. If my arguments are ridiculous why haven't you disputed anything substantive? It's clear you're a fan-boy so I'll stop there.
mnn1265 is offline  
post #30 of 48 Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Member
 
chhelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colleyville, Texas
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

What finish or veneer did you get your InRoom Gold LCR's in? Did you get the optional pedestals?

I'm sitting here with a 6X9 inch Red Rosewood veneer sample from Triad and it has me foaming at the mouth.


Mine are the standard black finish as they are behind the screen and in a dark room so I wanted them to be unseen. Made my own stands.
chhelo is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off