AVS Forum banner
213K views 1K replies 308 participants last post by  Nick Woolley 
#1 ·
Been looking around for an Axiom owner's thread and didn't find one, so I created this one. I recently upgraded from a Panasonic stereo to an Epic 60-600 in a 6.1 configuration (black oak with black grills). I have yet to receive my A/V receiver (Onkyo TX-NR905) and TV (Mitsubishi WD-57833) to complete the setup. I intend to get on the the hybrid Blu-Ray / HD DVD players in the near future to complete the arrangement.

Cheers,

Gary W.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWooldridge /forum/post/11795222

Been looking around for an Axiom owner's thread and didn't find one, so I created this one. I recently upgraded from a Panasonic stereo to an Epic 60-600 in a 6.1 configuration (black oak with black grills). I have yet to receive my A/V receiver (Onkyo TX-NR905) and TV (Mitsubishi WD-57833) to complete the setup. I intend to get on the the hybrid Blu-Ray / HD DVD players in the near future to complete the arrangement.

Cheers,

Gary W.

What Axiom speakers do you have ? Are they comparable to Polk Audio ?

I want to buy a pair of bookshelf for around $300-$400 and narrow down to either one of these: Polk Rti6 $250 or Axiom M3 $330 or M22 $470 . I'm looking for something that's not too bright (hearing fatigue problem) . Is it worth to pay $80 more to get Axiom M3 ? Any insight/ comments are appreciated.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn /forum/post/11795860

I want to buy a pair of bookshelf for around $300-$400 and narrow down to either one of these: Polk Rti6 $250 or Axiom M3 $330 or M22 $470 .

I have a pair of Axiom M3v2's which I initially found to be bright when paired with a Yamaha receiver. They improved a great deal when I paired them with an HK 3480. Then they came into their own when I paired them with a NAD C320BEE. I am VERY happy with them now.

Okay, Axiom people, don't kill me for saying this, but if I were looking for bookshelves today in the $300-$400 range I would start my search with the Dana 630 from audioinsider. Search for it on these forums and you will find many accolades.

Jim

#5 ·
I have M22's, not much axiom talk around here. Thanks for starting the thread.

#7 ·
Finally someone with the hutzpa to start an Axiom thread. I thought I tried a while ago but it never got much attention.

Anywho...I also have Axiom speakers.

M60 fronts

VP150 center

4 QS8's for surround

EP500 sub

I also happen to use bass shakers which I had before the Axioms.

Check out my newbie web site at:

see below my signature!

#10 ·
What do you Axiom owners use to power them? I'm planning on a Denon 3808ci to go with the M60's, a VP150 and 2 QS8's. For a sub I am thinking and eD A5-350. I have also been looking at some Rocket speakers also. Havent really made up my mind but I am about 90% sure it will be the Axioms over the Rockets.

#11 ·
this is great! i was thinkin of starting one a while back..not an owner yet.. well my credit card says differently

getting m60's, vp100 and QS4's end of this mth

#14 ·
Using a pair of M22s as mains in the home theater room on an Onkyo 605 with a HSU VTF 3.3. Will soon be getting a VP150/VP100 so I can have a matching front stage, (and possibly some Qs) but waiting for a good deal on the typical used gear sites.

Have another set of M22s and M80s in other rooms for stereo setups. Will soon be getting an eD A3-200 and a H/K AVR for the M80s (currently running on a Yamaha which I find to be too bright).

#16 ·
m80v2's

vp150v2

ep600v2

4 Qs8v2's

Denon

Odyssey Monoblocks (driving the 80's)

#17 ·
I have been looking at speakers a bit. Aesthetics are priority 1, then sound quality. The speakers have to have wife appeal and not have a chance of daughter (2) knocking them over or climbing them.

Anyone know how good those W series are (hybrid/in-wall)?

#18 ·
Anybody else out there have a EP400? Hardly any info on the web about it aside from Axiom's own web site.

Four of them were demoed at the audioholics event yesterday alongside four EP600s.

#20 ·
Hey Axiomites!

Here's what I have:

4 QS8v2

1 EP600v2

3 M80v2 (one used as a vertical center channel behind an acoustically transparent projector screen)

All fed by an Emotiva MPS-1

How does it sound? I have no idea. Still waiting for my DTC 9.8 preamp to appear. The wait is killin' me.

- Nuke

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquack /forum/post/11835505

m80v2's

vp150v2

ep600v2

4 Qs8v2's

Denon

Odyssey Monoblocks (driving the 80's)

Sirquack Thats the same setup that I am thinking of getting.

what denon are you running them on? and how do they sound?

I was thinking of getting the new Yamaha RXV 3800 to run them

but others have found the yamaha's too bright. Just wondering what other options sound better

#22 ·
Woot, Happy to see an axiom owners thread

I have the following:

M22 v2 mains

Qs4 v2 surrounds

VP150 center

Ep500 sub

Everything's being powered by an onkyo 705 and sounds terific.

As soon as i rearrange my theater (on the short side of a rectangular room right now) and get some space behind me i'm going to buy 2 more QS4's for rear surrounds.

#23 ·
Ok, need help. Building a new house with HT room ( 13w x 24L x 18vaulted ). Planning to order Pioneer 150FD Kuro, Pio 95 BluRay, either Pio 94 Reciever or Denon 3808, with Axiom speakers. Here's my delima: M80's are 4 ohm and the receivers are both 8 ohm. Pioneer says it won't work. JC at Axiom says probably work but Pio 94 may overheat and shut down. He says Denon doesn't have problems even though it's 8 ohms. My question is:

1. Pioneer 0r Denon?

2. Do I go with M60s since they are 8ohms?

rest of the set up is the 150 CC, OS8 surrounds, and

Sub: ( still not sure, but welcome opinions )

1. Axiom 350

2. SVS PB12 Ultra

3 Definitive SuperCube 1

thanks for any help. When spending this kind of money I want to get it right.

- JD

#24 ·
JC and JD,

Denon's have always been one of the favorites by Axiom owners because of their ease of driving the 4ohm m80's. HK is also another favorite. Some receivers have had issues with going into heat protection mode in the past, however, many of the latest receivers should be ok as well, as long as you don't drive them to hard.

My Denon 2805 first drove my first system of m60's, vp150, and 4 Qs8's with the ep500 sub. When I first upgraded to m80's the Denon did fine as well. Recently I purchased some Odyssey Khartago Extreme monoblock amps to drive the 80's, and use the Denon as a pre/pro. The Denon still drives the other speakers. I tried the MPS-1 as well, but it kept shutting down at levels I didn't call insane. My room is 8,000 cu ft+ so it takes a lot of volume to fill the room.

Randy

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdawson /forum/post/11891674

1. Axiom 350

2. SVS PB12 Ultra

3 Definitive SuperCube 1

- JD

I would look at the elemental Designs A5-350 for a sub. I know I am.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdawson /forum/post/11891674

Ok, need help. Building a new house with HT room ( 13w x 24L x 18vaulted ). Planning to order Pioneer 150FD Kuro, Pio 95 BluRay, either Pio 94 Reciever or Denon 3808, with Axiom speakers. Here's my delima: M80's are 4 ohm and the receivers are both 8 ohm. Pioneer says it won't work. JC at Axiom says probably work but Pio 94 may overheat and shut down. He says Denon doesn't have problems even though it's 8 ohms. My question is:

1. Pioneer 0r Denon?

2. Do I go with M60s since they are 8ohms?

1. Axiom 350

2. SVS PB12 Ultra

3 Definitive SuperCube 1

- JD

If i were you i wouldn't go any lower than the Ep500 for a sub, I haven't owned any of the lower models but the techs at Axiom assured me that the 500 was miles ahead of the 350.

if price of the sub is an issue you can look at the HSU research equivalent which is a little cheaper or buy the Ep500 from Axiom's factory store and save 10%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.