Triad Owner's Thread - Page 184 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5491 of 6599 Old 09-18-2013, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 9,248
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by balinton View Post

Very Impressive @BrolicBeast I first heard Craig Johns Platinums and couldn't resist but to get the Gold LCR's I only wish my space was big enough and my bank account for the Platinums! smile.gif I also am going AT on my screen what was your decision on getting the Platinum Center instead of the identical LCR?

Absolutely go with three Triad Gold LCR's across the front. It's possible that people just assume the correct center speaker is the horizontal model given the fact so few have AT projection screens. An understandable mistake. Don't make it yours. smile.gif

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5492 of 6599 Old 09-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
bambam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Just joined the family w/ Triad Plats biggrin.gif



I'm prepping for a dedicated theater build in a house I'm building, and once I decided AT was the way to go....the rest was history.

Wow! You sold the Legacy Focus SE's already?!?!
bambam is offline  
post #5493 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Wow! You sold the Legacy Focus SE's already?!?!

Lol, yeah man...they were ported--I needed sealed speakers for the next setup. Decided to head in a new direction (although I'm still going to pursue a pair of Legacy Aeris for my dedicated listening room. The AMT is the best tweeter I've ever heard, hands down.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #5494 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Dawn Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jupiter, FL USA
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Absolutely go with three Triad Gold LCR's across the front. It's possible that people just assume the correct center speaker is the horizontal model given the fact so few have AT projection screens. An understandable mistake. Don't make it yours. smile.gif

+1

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
Dawn Gordon is online now  
post #5495 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
jenkzy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Welcome to the club Matt !!!
Platinums in one room and Legacy in another, way to go big my friend !!!
You are and always shall be, my HT Hero !

jenkzy56 is offline  
post #5496 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 10,389
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Absolutely go with three Triad Gold LCR's across the front. It's possible that people just assume the correct center speaker is the horizontal model given the fact so few have AT projection screens. An understandable mistake. Don't make it yours. smile.gif
He did go with 3 Gold LCR's. Look at the pic he posted of the boxes he received. He was asking why BrolicBeast got the horizontal CC.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

craig john is offline  
post #5497 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Already thinking.....does the Cinema Plus system offer significant performance benefits over the standard Platinums?
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #5498 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Member
 
at4iowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Would it be "OK" to mix the Gold OnWall Surrounds with the Silver OnWall surrounds - along with the Gold LCR's as the front three? I would put the Gold OnWall's at the sides (of my dedicated) theater and use the Silver OnWall's at the back. It's a fairly small room (roughly 1,850 cu. ft.) so I'm thinking that two pairs of Gold OnWall surrounds might be overkill. Also, the sides I know are more important, so that's why the Gold's would go there. I'm also thinking that possibly just the Gold's would be sufficient (i.e. run a 5.1 vs. 7.1), but not sure I want to give up the back surrounds.

Any feedback is helpful.

It seems we are in a similar boat, making similar decisions. In response to your question, I will ask another one. Is it advisable to use dipole speakers for the rear surrounds? I always thought that you want to use the dipoles on the sides and use monopoles in the back and have them firing toward the listening space.

I have an issue with duct work that limits my in ceiling choices to less that 4.5 inches of depth. I could put the silver/4 surround in there, but was afraid of using dipoles in the back. I was acually wondering if I could disable one of the dipoles and position the speaker in the ceiling with the one functional tweeter pointing toward the listening space. My other choice would be to use the silver open round speakers. Another option would be to just have monopole In Wall speakers mounted on the ceiling and firing straight down about 3 feet behind the listening positions.
at4iowa is offline  
post #5499 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Would it be "OK" to mix the Gold OnWall Surrounds with the Silver OnWall surrounds - along with the Gold LCR's as the front three? I would put the Gold OnWall's at the sides (of my dedicated) theater and use the Silver OnWall's at the back. It's a fairly small room (roughly 1,850 cu. ft.) so I'm thinking that two pairs of Gold OnWall surrounds might be overkill. Also, the sides I know are more important, so that's why the Gold's would go there. I'm also thinking that possibly just the Gold's would be sufficient (i.e. run a 5.1 vs. 7.1), but not sure I want to give up the back surrounds.

Any feedback is helpful.

Your logic is sound; the sides are more important. And in a smaller room, a spectacular pair of dipoles is...spectacular. Definitely use rear surrounds because the soundfield is more enveloped. If there is seating close to the rear surrounds, they should be dipoles, and Silvers will work fine.

BTW, I will recommend direct, bipole, or dipole depending upon the room, acoustics, number of seats, seating position, etc. In a perfect room that has one seat, direct-radiating speakers all around is best. The only person I know who has only one seat is my friend Gary Reber, and his speakers are all direct-radiating. But I digress...

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5500 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Thanks Dan! The answer to your [Edit: and Brandon's] question is: versatility. This trio may not always be behind the AT screen. A decade down the line, who knows what I might end up doing--Triad CinemaPlus, maybe? Legacy Double Helix? When that day comes, I'd like to still be able to use the system in another room, or be able to sell to someone who perhaps doesn't have an AT screen. That being said, once I fire them up in the new theater, if I am plastered to the wall by the L and R speakers' performance in the room, I might just put the center channel up for sale and purchase a third LCR instead.

Make sure that you position the Platinum Center behind the AT screen with the tweeter at the same height as the left and right tweeters. If you do this, you may never need to change to a Platinum LCR. As long as the mid/tweet/mid arrays are all vertical and at the same height, you're golden.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5501 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Already thinking.....does the Cinema Plus system offer significant performance benefits over the standard Platinums?

No one knows what all the advantages would be, but knowing as much as I do about the CR2, I can do a little bit of speculating.

The CinemaReference 2 will probably play 5 dB louder than a Platinum LCR, which is very significant. The ribbon tweeter, based on the old AMT design, is a superb transducer with high output, fast impulse response, extended frequency response, controlled directivity, and it offers almost unparalleled detail. My friends at Triad who have heard it; even a curmudgeon; say the speaker is breathtaking. I lament the fact that my theater is barely wide enough to fit three of them side-by-side-by-side, but I still might shoehorn three of those suckers in.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5502 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 10,389
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Your logic is sound; the sides are more important. And in a smaller room, a spectacular pair of dipoles is...spectacular. Definitely use rear surrounds because the soundfield is more enveloped. If there is seating close to the rear surrounds, they should be dipoles, and Silvers will work fine.

BTW, I will recommend direct, bipole, or dipole depending upon the room, acoustics, number of seats, seating position, etc. In a perfect room that has one seat, direct-radiating speakers all around is best. The only person I know who has only one seat is my friend Gary Reber, and his speakers are all direct-radiating. But I digress...

I have 4 seats in my theater, but I only have one seat.... that I care about. All my monopoles, (all 9 of them) are aimed directly at the one LP that I care about... mine. Oh, I give it up to guests when I'm demo'ing the system, but for the most part, it's just me and the wife watching movies, and she's ecstatic with the sound she gets in the chair next to the sweet spot. I've let her sit in the sweet spot and she can't tell the difference, so mainly I just sit there. smile.gif

Does that make me Archie Bunker or Gary Reber? biggrin.gif

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

craig john is offline  
post #5503 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I have 4 seats in my theater, but I only have one seat.... that I care about. All my monopoles, (all 9 of them) are aimed directly at the one LP that I care about... mine. Oh, I give it up to guests when I'm demo'ing the system, but for the most part, it's just me and the wife watching movies, and she's ecstatic with the sound she gets in the chair next to the sweet spot. I've let her sit in the sweet spot and she can't tell the difference, so mainly I just sit there. smile.gif

Does that make me Archie Bunker or Gary Reber? biggrin.gif

Craig

biggrin.gif

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5504 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,378
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I have 4 seats in my theater, but I only have one seat.... that I care about. All my monopoles, (all 9 of them) are aimed directly at the one LP that I care about... mine. Oh, I give it up to guests when I'm demo'ing the system, but for the most part, it's just me and the wife watching movies, and she's ecstatic with the sound she gets in the chair next to the sweet spot. I've let her sit in the sweet spot and she can't tell the difference, so mainly I just sit there. smile.gif

Does that make me Archie Bunker or Gary Reber? biggrin.gif

Craig

I do not blame you. I stopped calibrating my system for multiple seats, since I am the main one that uses it. Like you, I calibrate to my middle seat. Also have an odd number of seats, so my middle seat is dead center of the 9' wide screen. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #5505 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 10,389
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
I have 4 seats, but they're offset so the 2nd seat from the left is dead center and in the sweet spot.

Archie

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

craig john is offline  
post #5506 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Craig, it's not that we're selfish. It's that we're more important...

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5507 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,378
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I have 4 seats, but they're offset so the 2nd seat from the left is dead center and in the sweet spot.

Archie

Craig

Knowing you, now that makes more sense. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #5508 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
mankite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Woke up feeling a little less of a man today.


Mankite
mankite is offline  
post #5509 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
bambam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Did you sell them to Brolic Beast?!?
bambam is offline  
post #5510 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
jenkzy56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankite View Post

Woke up feeling a little less of a man today.


You will always be the "MAN" to me bro
I thank you for talking me into the Gold LCRS
Every day!
What are you gonna put in there now btw?

jenkzy56 is offline  
post #5511 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
mankite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yes, Broc to my manhood. Not sure yet. I got a pair of Gold Mini Monitors in there now and I'm surprised at how good they sound. Just not sure what there limit is in terms of output. Still scared to find out.

Mankite
mankite is offline  
post #5512 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
craig john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 10,389
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

No one knows what all the advantages would be, but knowing as much as I do about the CR2, I can do a little bit of speculating.

The CinemaReference 2 will probably play 5 dB louder than a Platinum LCR, which is very significant. The ribbon tweeter, based on the old AMT design, is a superb transducer with high output, fast impulse response, extended frequency response, controlled directivity, and it offers almost unparalleled detail. My friends at Triad who have heard it; even a curmudgeon; say the speaker is breathtaking. I lament the fact that my theater is barely wide enough to fit three of them side-by-side-by-side, but I still might shoehorn three of those suckers in.
I *think* Brolic was asking about the Cinema Plus System, not the Cinema Reference System. Any thoughts on that?

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

craig john is offline  
post #5513 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Paul Scarpelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 5,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankite View Post

Yes, Broc to my manhood. Not sure yet. I got a pair of Gold Mini Monitors in there now and I'm surprised at how good they sound. Just not sure what there limit is in terms of output. Still scared to find out.

I have a total of five Gold MiniMonitors, and they're superb, but they're not for home theater, really. 86 dB sensitivity and probably 150 watt power handling, which means they won't hit 95 dB at 12'. Gold MiniMonitors are best in small 2-channel systems without a sub. They actually have excellent 50 Hz bass.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Paul Scarpelli is offline  
post #5514 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I *think* Brolic was asking about the Cinema Plus System, not the Cinema Reference System. Any thoughts on that?

Craig

You are very correct! I touched base with Paul regarding the Cinema Reference line a little earlier, but my post was inquiring about the Cinema Plus. It looks quite interesting, although it requires the commissioning of a separate designer? It a reasonably priced solution, relatively speaking--but those design costs can be killer.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #5515 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Make sure that you position the Platinum Center behind the AT screen with the tweeter at the same height as the left and right tweeters. If you do this, you may never need to change to a Platinum LCR. As long as the mid/tweet/mid arrays are all vertical and at the same height, you're golden.

This is definitely the plan! I heard CraigJohn's system with the tweeters the same height across the entire front soundstage earlier this year. It brought goosebumps to my eardrums biggrin.gif I can do no less. I am torn, however, between sound anchor stands and Triad-build stands. I'm not the handiest of guys and wouldn't trust myself with building stands for them the way Craig and Dennis tackled the stands for Craig's Plats. If tthe stands failed and the Platinums fell, I might just quit the hobby and travel to Tibet to meditate and regain my inner peace.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #5516 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Got the Platinums in place temporarily until the move. Just don't have stands for them yet, so some VTI amp stands are giving them a whole 6 inches of height! lol.

Paul Scarpelli likes this.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #5517 of 6599 Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,378
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankite View Post

Woke up feeling a little less of a man today.


Looks like a couple AM radios sitting on those large stands. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #5518 of 6599 Old 09-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
mankite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I know right. They have surprised me tho with the sound stage they throw for being so small.

Mankite
mankite is offline  
post #5519 of 6599 Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
mankite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

I have a total of five Gold MiniMonitors, and they're superb, but they're not for home theater, really. 86 dB sensitivity and probably 150 watt power handling, which means they won't hit 95 dB at 12'. Gold MiniMonitors are best in small 2-channel systems without a sub. They actually have excellent 50 Hz bass.

By those calculations does that mean I could watch a movie 10db from reference and I'd be ok?

Mankite
mankite is offline  
post #5520 of 6599 Old 09-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Member
 
Interleave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me with my setup. I currently have 4 Triad Silver on-wall surrounds and want to go down the path of 6 surround setup ie 2 rows of side surrounds and 1 set of rear surrounds. I will be driving the setup with an RS20i so I am certain I have the capabilities built in to achieve this effortlessly. Now my question is do I go down the path of another set of surrounds or a set of Silver LCRs for the front row?

The second issue I have is the one set of surrounds that I have was sent with two left speakers rather than a left and right. Without going into too much detail I agreed to hold onto them and the solution provided by the reseller was to mount the second speaker upside down. Is there any other way to rectify this issue rather than mounting it upside down?

Looking forward to a few solutions

Thanks
Arthur

ps room is roughly 6.75m x 4.4m. AT screen to back wall is 6 x 4 First set of surrounds is at 3.6-3.7, second set is at 5.5-5.6 (.4 off the back wall)
Interleave is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off