Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #6301 of 6321 Old 07-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thanks for the pricing guys. Not too bad actually. Better than i thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6321 Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
Thanks for the pricing guys. Not too bad actually. Better than i thought.
One cool thing about Triad, they keep things honest with regard to pricing. If they can make it for a "low" price, they sell it that way. On the other hand, their top drawer stuff is NOT cheap -- but that reflects real costs to design and manufacture.

Just like their design philosophy is pretty no nonsense (and resembles how pro audio works), their pricing model is similarly devoid of gimmiks.

<sarcasm alert>

They would never make it as a consumer brand!

</sarcasm over>

post #6303 of 6321 Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Just ordered 3 iw silver 6 lcr's to replace my current front stage. These will be my first closed back in wall speakers so I'm curious for what I can possibly expect. Should I expect a boost in clarity or bass response? Any feedback will be appreciated as I'm excited to hear them.

post #6304 of 6321 Old 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
Just ordered 3 iw silver 6 lcr's to replace my current front stage. These will be my first closed back in wall speakers so I'm curious for what I can possibly expect. Should I expect a boost in clarity or bass response? Any feedback will be appreciated as I'm excited to hear them.
They sound, from my experience, almost exactly the same as their in-room speaker counterparts. That's the beauty of Triad's in-wall designs-- the internal cabinet volume is about the same (that's why they're taller than most in-walls out there).

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #6305 of 6321 Old 07-25-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Think of inwalls as having a natural baffle ie. The wall itself. Should have less issues with SBIR but acoustic treatments around room will have more of an impact.

I use six in-wall Silver LCR's in columns all stuffed with insulation..........the Silver LCR's sound great and are very dynamic.
post #6306 of 6321 Old 07-28-2014, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Think of inwalls as having a natural baffle ie. The wall itself. Should have less issues with SBIR but acoustic treatments around room will have more of an impact.

I use six in-wall Silver LCR's in columns all stuffed with insulation..........the Silver LCR's sound great and are very dynamic.
Could someone please help me out with "SBIR?" Not sure what that is/means?

post #6307 of 6321 Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Could someone please help me out with "SBIR?" Not sure what that is/means?
http://www.gikacoustics.com/speaker-...response-sbir/

http://store.acousticfrontiers.com/S...erference.html

post #6308 of 6321 Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 AM

post #6309 of 6321 Old 07-29-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Boy I miss Paul.......

Great ambassador for Triad and is a straight shooter.

Anyhow, can someone tell me the sound signature difference between Silver and Bronze LCR......

I know sensitivity is 2db's/watt/meter.........eq can deal with that issue.
post #6310 of 6321 Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, my Triads came....
Got Triad in Room Silver LCR. C is done in horizontal configuration http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/irslcr.html
4 satellite inROom silver satillites http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/irssat.html

They were all pre drilled for mounting holes except the Center Channel. That one was customized for horizontal position with the tweeters and woofers moved. However, they did not pre drill as they were not made aware of how it was to be mounted. I spoke to them and they said it can be done at time of installation by me. I expressed concern for getting sawdust on the inside of speaker when I drill to make hole but they said that there was so much foam and insulation inside that thing that it will not make any difference. Of course, I hate the idea of drilling a hole myself into a brand new center channel. THoughts?

Anyways, they did not come with brackets and I am desperately searching for brackets for these speakers to mount to wall. I would prefer if they were tilting adjustable and pan adjustable.

DO you know of some good quality speaker brackets I can mount these on wall with. Folks at Triad mentioned Omnimounts but I am not sure why. Their weight limits will not hold these
The satellites weight 14lbs and the 3 fronts weigh 29 lbs each.

ROom is drywalled...
Any mounts/brackets come to mind?
post #6311 of 6321 Old 07-30-2014, 07:53 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Boy I miss Paul.......

Great ambassador for Triad and is a straight shooter.

Anyhow, can someone tell me the sound signature difference between Silver and Bronze LCR......

I know sensitivity is 2db's/watt/meter.........eq can deal with that issue.
The Silver LCRs have a better low end than the Bronze LCRs. They also have a smoother midrange.
post #6312 of 6321 Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrudy View Post
Well, my Triads came....
Got Triad in Room Silver LCR. C is done in horizontal configuration http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/irslcr.html
4 satellite inROom silver satillites http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/irssat.html

They were all pre drilled for mounting holes except the Center Channel. That one was customized for horizontal position with the tweeters and woofers moved. However, they did not pre drill as they were not made aware of how it was to be mounted. I spoke to them and they said it can be done at time of installation by me. I expressed concern for getting sawdust on the inside of speaker when I drill to make hole but they said that there was so much foam and insulation inside that thing that it will not make any difference. Of course, I hate the idea of drilling a hole myself into a brand new center channel. THoughts?

Anyways, they did not come with brackets and I am desperately searching for brackets for these speakers to mount to wall. I would prefer if they were tilting adjustable and pan adjustable.

DO you know of some good quality speaker brackets I can mount these on wall with. Folks at Triad mentioned Omnimounts but I am not sure why. Their weight limits will not hold these
The satellites weight 14lbs and the 3 fronts weigh 29 lbs each.

ROom is drywalled...
Any mounts/brackets come to mind?
I with I had a good answer. Definitely go with mounts that are much sturdier than you think you need, for safety.

And I would definitely let the dealer handle that mounting.

(Strange that they steered you to in room speakers when you wanted to mount things on the wall. The onwall versions make mounting easy and are dialed in to sound right, with the known SBIR factor, that the in room version will be challenged with.)

post #6313 of 6321 Old 07-30-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
I with I had a good answer. Definitely go with mounts that are much sturdier than you think you need, for safety.

And I would definitely let the dealer handle that mounting.

(Strange that they steered you to in room speakers when you wanted to mount things on the wall. The onwall versions make mounting easy and are dialed in to sound right, with the known SBIR factor, that the in room version will be challenged with.)
Thanks...Wanted a fuller sound...Wil be fine if I can get them mounted...LOL
What is SBIR factor?
post #6314 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrudy View Post
Thanks...Wanted a fuller sound...Wil be fine if I can get them mounted...LOL
No difference in sound.

Quote:
What is SBIR factor?
https://www.google.com/search?q=SBIR+acoustics

post #6315 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
THanks...

SBIR is interesting.

However, I do not see that TRiad makes Silver on wall speakers...In wall not an option.
post #6316 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Good point! This is the somewhat rare case where there is a gap in the lineup.

post #6317 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
The Silver LCRs have a better low end than the Bronze LCRs. They also have a smoother midrange.
Thanks Dawn.........

I'll have to listen for myself like always but appreciate the information. In-ceiling Bronze LCR's are off the self and will fit in ceiling cloud coffer I'm finishing up. Been in contact with Triad about modified Silver LCR's for ceiling and may/maynot have proper depth to fulfill required internal volume without making the other axis huge.

In-ceiling Bronze have 45 degree baffle, 13 X 13" dimensions and is 7-15/16th's depth........in other words, a perfect fit.

Required angles to MLP are 36 and 38 degrees respectively for front and back, so it looks like 45 degree baffle of in-ceiling Bronze would work fine.

Another week and will be ready for ceiling speakers behind acoustic fabric.

post #6318 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonowakes View Post
Forgot pics

I finally pulled the trigger on the front 3 channels (used inwall gold monitors). gonna put them behind an AT screeen. My question for you all is now what triad model is appropriate for the inwall back surrounds and in ceiling side surrounds. Keep in mind my budget is blown on the fronts.
post #6319 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
I finally pulled the trigger on the front 3 channels (used inwall gold monitors). gonna put them behind an AT screeen. My question for you all is now what triad model is appropriate for the inwall back surrounds and in ceiling side surrounds. Keep in mind my budget is blown on the fronts.

You are considering moving your recliners away from the wall, I take it?

I would ask Dawn which models may timbre match the best to your particular gold monitors. You may want to let her know what vintage they are too.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Dolby Atmos is in the cards for your particular installation... unless... you make the back wall speakers your blended sides/back walls and put four ceiling speakers in place for your top ceiling surrounds. That way you have a modified 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos system.

If Atmos 3D surround audio (the future of surround formats) sounds intriguing I would only use monopole surround speakers (dipoles are frowned upon with object based formats). Triad will be introducing a new range of Atmos friendly speakers at CEDIA this September (I assume that more closely match Dolby's recommendations).

FYI

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #6320 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You are one lucky guy! Gold Monitors are one of my favorite speakers and would have used them but my room is too big.
post #6321 of 6321 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
You are one lucky guy! Gold Monitors are one of my favorite speakers and would have used them but my room is too big.
I am. . Pretty psyched for the upgrade but scared at what I'm getting myself into.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page