22Likes

post #6361 of 6376 Old 08-08-2014, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draden1 View Post
I just installed 3 in wall silver 6 lcr's for my front stage and use an emotiva xpa 3 to drive them. Plenty of oomph from the amp and I was having fun going louder with these than I could with my old speakers. My old ones would start to distort but these silvers powered on through and sounded better as they got louder. Watched Kill Bill vol 1 and was extremely happy with the fact that the silvers are much smoother in the mid to high freq's, not harsh to my ears while listening at extremely loud levels.
I have a similar setup to yours - I too have silver 6's for my fronts - powered by an XPA-5 which is also powering my 2 silver 4 surrounds and so far I have been really happy with the setup. I also have silver 4's for my rear speakers - those are powered by an XPA-200. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new setup! Have fun with it!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

- Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6362 of 6376 Old 08-09-2014, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjinatl View Post
I have a similar setup to yours - I too have silver 6's for my fronts - powered by an XPA-5 which is also powering my 2 silver 4 surrounds and so far I have been really happy with the setup. I also have silver 4's for my rear speakers - those are powered by an XPA-200. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new setup! Have fun with it!

Thanks!

I'm sure I will look at either the bronze or silver surrounds at some point. Not sure if I'd be able to tell a difference between them as surrounds? And since my installation the other day with the silver 6's was in my already finished theater, I have no desire to outfit the space again with plastic sheeting like a Dexter murder scene.

post #6363 of 6376 Old 08-09-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Thanks!

I'm sure I will look at either the bronze or silver surrounds at some point. Not sure if I'd be able to tell a difference between them as surrounds? And since my installation the other day with the silver 6's was in my already finished theater, I have no desire to outfit the space again with plastic sheeting like a Dexter murder scene.
I would see if Triad comes out with Atmos ready surrounds in the Silver line to go with your Silver fronts. If you don't want to re-do everything again, I would buy speakers for the future formats.

Dipoles do not work well with Atmos or any other object based format.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #6364 of 6376 Old 08-09-2014, 10:03 AM

I'm not sure about atmos, meaning I think it will stick but I have no plans to implement it anytime soon. I am curious to see what Triad does do in regards to atmos, I'm sure they will come up with something but what type of premium will it command?

post #6365 of 6376 Old 08-09-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
I'm not sure about atmos, meaning I think it will stick but I have no plans to implement it anytime soon. I am curious to see what Triad does do in regards to atmos, I'm sure they will come up with something but what type of premium will it command?
I don't know about a premium over their normal prices, they just have to design their in-wall, on-wall, and in-ceiling/on-ceiling surround speakers to meet Dolby's recommended dispersion and frequency response specs for Atmos. Cinema speaker companies have been doing that for a while now.

The only premium price might be the new in room speakers with built-in Atmos-enabled top firing speakers.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #6366 of 6376 Old 08-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean there - I just went through that myself to put in the triads - the builder had installed some awful inwalls in some less than perfect locations - so we had to rip all of that out and redo it. What a mess! Don't want to relive that any time soon.

- Scott
post #6367 of 6376 Old 08-11-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hello,

I have 2 x Bronze/6 in-wall subwoofers currently running each off a RackAmp 350. I'm curious what value/benefits there may be, if any, or detriments to running the subs off an Emotiva XPA-2 instead? I'm already using XPA amps for my main 7 channels.

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-2

Thanks!
post #6368 of 6376 Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
Hello,

I have 2 x Bronze/6 in-wall subwoofers currently running each off a RackAmp 350. I'm curious what value/benefits there may be, if any, or detriments to running the subs off an Emotiva XPA-2 instead? I'm already using XPA amps for my main 7 channels.

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-2

Thanks!
Why not stick with the amp they were designed to make use of, the one you are using, instead of a frankenstein approach?

post #6369 of 6376 Old 08-14-2014, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I remember a while back some of you used some sort of screw with a rubber grommet to hold your triad in wall speakers into a frame. Anyone recall what those are called?

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #6370 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

Hi all,

Not sure if this is normal but I've noticed a very faint humming coming from my new silver 6 in wall's with the system on but nothing playing. Is this common or is something off in my system? My old speakers did not have this hum so it makes me wonder why the Triads are doing this? I know the speakers are connected properly. Any help would be appreciated.

post #6371 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Not common, unless your old speakers were far less efficient (so you didn't hear it).

post #6372 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Not common, unless your old speakers were far less efficient (so you didn't hear it).
Efficiency is rated about the same but my old speakers were 8 ohm and these are 4 ohm, would that be it?

post #6373 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
I remember a while back some of you used some sort of screw with a rubber grommet to hold your triad in wall speakers into a frame. Anyone recall what those are called?
Wasn't that the guy who bought speakers on ebay or something, and made in wall boxes for them?
post #6374 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Triad Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

I remember someone who used RSIC DC04 clips to mount gold monitors to a baffle wall. Can't remember the user name but it was a professionally designed/built theater - I think Erskine group finished it up.
post #6375 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by twells View Post
I remember someone who used RSIC DC04 clips to mount gold monitors to a baffle wall. Can't remember the user name but it was a professionally designed/built theater - I think Erskine group finished it up.
That's Joelc's thread........Toronto build I believe
post #6376 of 6376 Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Efficiency is rated about the same but my old speakers were 8 ohm and these are 4 ohm, would that be it?
Probably not.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page