Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
TRIAD SPEAKER MATCHING

Hi everyone,

I've been a Triad dealer for ten years, and have enjoyed it immensely because Triad does what no other speaker manufacturer can. They build speakers to order, paint them to match your d├ęcor or wall color, offer gorgeous veneers and gloss finishes, and even custom size or custom engineer a speaker for your specific requirements. Thanks to great design and engineering, Triad speakers have exceptional sound quality. In addition, unlike most mass-market brands, virtually all of Triad's models are manufactured right here in the USA in Portland, Oregon.

The only problem (if you actually consider this a problem) is that Triad has well over 100 different products to choose from -- spanning the very affordable to the ultra-high end. With this many models it can be difficult to figure out which Triad speakers match one another. In other words, how do you know which surround or effects speaker to use with a specific LCR? Or how to choose a subwoofer that would work best in a given system? Like pairing your meal with a compatible wine, it's not always an easy task.

I've spent some time designing a chart that will help you choose a Triad speaker system that is sonically matched. Keep in mind that your room plays a big role in the speakers you choose. For example, as common sense would dictate, don't expect a small Triad Mini speaker to fill a 10,000 cubic foot room. Conversely, Platinum speakers in the master bath is probably overkill. In any case, I'll be updating the chart very soon to include Triad's new Atmos models in the coming weeks and months.

I would like to thank Bruce Franklin (Triad's Director of North American Sales) for giving me the permission and encouragement to go ahead with this project. A special thanks goes to Sales Coordinator Bill Ruark. None of this could have been accomplished without him. The man is a walking Triad Encyclopedia, and he's very, very knowledgeable about audio theory and room acoustics. I've learned a tremendous amount from him and hope to continue to learn more.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at my email address below. I'll be more than happy to help you select a Triad system based on your specific needs.

Dawn Gordon Luks
Egret Electronics
dawn@egretelectronics.com

Hi. I like your chart, but my only criticism would be that your list is mostly matching the Triad speaker names and not taking into account the various speaker options for subwoofer, surround, etc.

For instance, I have a system in my family room that is well matched with an OnWall Mini LCR 3.0 sized to fit perfectly under an LED TV for my main speakers, but I've installed InWall Bronze Surround speakers on the sides and an InRoom Mini Sub. In your chart, you only recommend direct radiating surrounds. I prefer dipoles and would select the InWall Bronze Surround as the smallest dipole surround speaker available. Also, you only list the Omni Subs and the Bronze Slim Sub with these main speakers. I prefer and selected the slightly higher quality "InRoom Mini Sub" which is modeled after the Mini, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum InRoom subs with a separate DSP Rack Amp.

I realize there are virtually thousands of combinations, but that is the beauty of Triad speakers. I think your options need to be a little more broad to include speakers from all product categories. Perhaps instead of making a single row for each main speaker, you could make broader groupings to show all speakers that match a group of front speakers. Clearly the Mini line is the lowest level followed by Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

Last edited by Scott MS; Yesterday at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page