post #6481 of 6488 Old Today, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
If you want to match your surrounds to your Gold LCR fronts, I recommend going with the IW Gold/4 Omni SE.

See my Triad Speaker matching chart via the link below:

Triad Owner's Thread
Yeah, I've saved your chart for reference.

My only concern is the 2nd row being inches away from the rear surround speakers for any use of direct firing speakers back there.

And could I use the InWall Silver/4 Omni SE or even InWall Silver LCR (like doublewing) instead too for cost saving? Like many use the Gold line for LCR and Silver line for the surround duty?

What's the main difference between the LCR and the Omni SE line?

Thanks for all the effect guys! I'm new to the Triad speakers and surely looking forward to join the family.

~ Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6482 of 6488 Old Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post
Yeah, I've saved your chart for reference.

My only concern is the 2nd row being inches away from the rear surround speakers for any use of direct firing speakers back there.

And could I use the InWall Silver/4 Omni SE or even InWall Silver LCR (like doublewing) instead too for cost saving? Like many use the Gold line for LCR and Silver line for the surround duty?

What's the main difference between the LCR and the Omni SE line?

Thanks for all the effect guys! I'm new to the Triad speakers and surely looking forward to join the family.
Unfortunately, the back row of your theater is very close to the wall and any speaker is going to hotspot like crazy. It's the front row that has the prime seats. Design for those viewers. Design for Atmos and other immersive formats (you won't regret it)... no dipoles. Timbre match if you can. Dawn has you on the right path.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #6483 of 6488 Old Today, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Unfortunately, the back row of your theater is very close to the wall and any speaker is going to hotspot like crazy. It's the front row that has the prime seats. Design for those viewers. Design for Atmos and other immersive formats (you won't regret it)... no dipoles. Timbre match if you can. Dawn has you on the right path.
So you recommend me to forgettable the 2nd row viewer and focus on the primary user on the front row? Sounds reasonable option if I really can't accommodate both rows in my case.

Btw, I'm using Emotiva XPA-2 & XPA-5 amp, are they ok to power those Triads?

~ Gary

)

post #6484 of 6488 Old Today, 09:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
So you recommend me to forgettable the 2nd row viewer and focus on the primary user on the front row? Sounds reasonable option if I really can't accommodate both rows in my case.

Yes.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #6485 of 6488 Old Today, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:

It's all about compromises, unless you have a BIG room to work with for more optimal seating and speaker arrangements and so you can compromise less... and even then there is only one true sweet spot where the soundtrack's "audio bubble" is closest to the mixer's original intent.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; Today at 11:53 AM.
post #6486 of 6488 Old Today, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 305
I'm just plain confused and believe the algorithm for choosing Triad speakers is wrong for most/some applications.

I understand Gold Omni SE being recommended for surrounds with Gold LCR's due to having similar tweeter but the similarities stop there!

Sensitivity relating to dynamics should be considered.........sensitivity on Gold Omni SE is 6-7 db's less in sensitivity than Golds. IMHO, Silver LCR's have been a better match with Gold LCR's in my room than Gold Omni SE's due to fore mention issue. Triad speaker list is not match all for all applications..

Just saying.......

My Build Threads

post #6487 of 6488 Old Today, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm.... I'm a bit confused too....

~ Gary

)

post #6488 of 6488 Old Today, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Hmmm.... I'm a bit confused too....
Erskine Group spec-ed Gold LCR's for front and 6 Silver LCR's for surrounds. I suspect Gold Omni SE's were not part of equation due to huge sensitivity difference.

My Build Threads

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page