Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
Mankite,

Triad prefers to call it speaker matching.

Please see the updated version here:

Triad Owner's Thread

They look the same to me. Brent just emailed me that list two days ago. What's different between the two lists?

Mankite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6519 Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I updated the chart with the new IR Bronze LR-H model. I also fixed some errors, typos and omissions. There will also be future updates here so stay tuned.

Triad should have the new chart, I emailed it to them when I made the changes.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
post #6513 of 6519 Old 10-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
I updated the chart with the new IR Bronze LR-H model. I also fixed some errors, typos and omissions. There will also be future updates here so stay tuned.

Triad should have the new chart, I emailed it to them when I made the changes.

It's a great reference, thanks for putting this together!
post #6514 of 6519 Old 10-22-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a question regarding the In Ceiling Bronze 8 LCR's. Unfortunately I do not have a room diagram yet, but I am wondering how close these can be mounted to a side wall.. really just 1 of them is close to the side wall. The center and Left LCR will have lots of room...
post #6515 of 6519 Old 10-22-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus.Young View Post
I have a question regarding the In Ceiling Bronze 8 LCR's. Unfortunately I do not have a room diagram yet, but I am wondering how close these can be mounted to a side wall.. really just 1 of them is close to the side wall. The center and Left LCR will have lots of room...
You position the speakers so that they are aimed at the listening position, so ceiling height has to be taken into account when calculating where to place the speakers. The angled baffle in the Bronze 8 LCR is 45 degrees. If we can help you, give us a call.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .

Last edited by AV Science Sales 5; 10-22-2014 at 05:55 PM.
post #6516 of 6519 Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
You position the speakers so that they are aimed at the listening position, so ceiling height has to be taken into account when calculating where to place the speakers. The angled baffle in the Bronze 8 LCR is 45 degrees. If we can help you, give us a call.

My Ceiling is low, only 7 feet, therefore based on my calculation of the 45 degree angle off the baffle, i should have my seating area roughly 7 feet from the speakers.

Does that sound correct? I'm guessing there is some room based on the 45 degree angle and dispersion. I thought I had read somewhere to keep the angle under 65 and it should be ok.

I will have to try to get a diagram of the room together, but basically all the HVAC runs kind of down the left side, so ceiling is say 4 inches lower.. so its not walled on that side just dropped, so I don't think I have any concerns for the left speaker.. and center is fine.. my question would be mainly regarding the right speaker, as to how close it can be to the side wall. Right now I am thinking with the screen placement and how I was thinking to line it all up it would be about 1.5 feet away from the side wall..

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.
post #6517 of 6519 Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus.Young View Post
My Ceiling is low, only 7 feet, therefore based on my calculation of the 45 degree angle off the baffle, i should have my seating area roughly 7 feet from the speakers.

Does that sound correct? I'm guessing there is some room based on the 45 degree angle and dispersion. I thought I had read somewhere to keep the angle under 65 and it should be ok.

I will have to try to get a diagram of the room together, but basically all the HVAC runs kind of down the left side, so ceiling is say 4 inches lower.. so its not walled on that side just dropped, so I don't think I have any concerns for the left speaker.. and center is fine.. my question would be mainly regarding the right speaker, as to how close it can be to the side wall. Right now I am thinking with the screen placement and how I was thinking to line it all up it would be about 1.5 feet away from the side wall..

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for the help.
7' would have the speakers aimed at your feet. You need to subtract listening height, which will be around 40". I would place the speakers about 3'-8" away from you.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #6518 of 6519 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Angus,

The IC Bronze LCRs are more forgiving than you think, but don't sit further than 8 feet away.

As far as the speaker placement of 1.5 feet from the side wall -- being so close to the corner you are going to experience boundary gain and you'll get deeper sound from that speaker. You can compensate if your receiver has Audyssey. In the end, you may not notice it at all, but it's something to be aware of.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.

Last edited by Dawn Gordon; Yesterday at 09:14 AM.
post #6519 of 6519 Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Thank you for the replies..

I will take a look and see exactly where I can place them.. several of the beam cavities are filled with HVAC or other things... but basically as long as I can be more or less no closer than 4 feet and no further out than 8 I should be fine?

I think I can make that work without to many issues. My receiver is an Onkyo 929 so that has Audessy which should hopefully adjust for the positioning relative to the wall.

Thanks for the help.. still have lots to figure out.. but slowly things are coming together.. now I can look at where exactly I can position these speakers...

Then only the surrounds to worry about

Thanks again
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page