post #6571 of 6580 Unread 11-19-2014, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
i have a small dilemma and i thought maybe you could help me out here.

My wife found that the Sub-woofer will be Inroom (2 x 15" Gold Sub-woofer), so she asked me gently to find alternative solution to hide them.

to my knowledge, Triad do sell Inwall Silver 12" and Bronze 10" Slim Sub, so i came up with the below mixes and hoping to hear your opinions

1- 2x Inwall Silver behind the AT screen (each between Center and Left/Right speakers) + 2x Bronze Slim Sub in the back wall. Or i can place them in each corner.

2- 4x Bronze Slim Sub, and each will be in the middle of each wall. (front, back and side walls)

3- 1x Silver Sub behind AT screen, and 3x Bronze Slim Subs go in the other walls.

3- any other suggestion? (Room size, 26'D x 16'W x 11'H), two rows with the first seat 15' from the screen and the back seat is 5' from the back wall)

Note: Inwall Silver Sub can only placed in the front wall due to the size limitation in the other walls.
You have a AT screen. So I'm just going on what Triad recommended cause at first i had one sub per middle of wall. Both Bryan Pape and Traid said the same thing to me. 2 up front 2 in the rear as close to corners as you can make it happen. So I would go with 2 gold inrooms behind screen and then as Triad if 2 bronze slims in the rear is enough for this size room. If you have columns can you go deep enough with them to get silver inwalls in the columns if the separation is far enough of the 2 columns? If you sare following the recommended angles for your rear surrounds then the columns should already be close enough to the side walls in the rear to make it work. But I do know Triad will say 2 up front and 2 in the rear. But I don't know if the 2 slim bronzes will be enough fill along with the 2 golds.

Or you can bypass t he whole triad sub thing and just throw some Seaton subs behind the screen if you got the room. That will prob do the trick. A lot of guys have em here.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6580 Unread 11-19-2014, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Due to the size of your room, option 1 makes the most sense. Definitely position the IW Bronze Slim Subs in the rear corners, and if possible put the InWall Silver Subs as close to the front corners as you can.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
post #6573 of 6580 Unread 11-19-2014, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Currently have a Marantz 8801 which is an exceptional pre-pro. IMHO, there won't be a huge difference in other pre-pros. I recommend a pre-pro that is Atmos capable.

As far as where the 400 watts came from......I run my Gold LCR's off a Parasound A31 amp which is capable of 400 watts at 4 ohms which really makes the Golds sing. Just commenting due to receivers having a difficult time driving Golds to dynamic levels.
Well thanks for the input but para is a bit more than i can spend at this time but the 7702 is for sure any amps to look at before i pull the trigger.......MM8077 Thanks
post #6574 of 6580 Unread 11-19-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo1234 View Post
Well thanks for the input but para is a bit more than i can spend at this time but the 7702 is for sure any amps to look at before i pull the trigger.......MM8077 Thanks

I ran my Gold LCRs off an Ada ptm-6150. These are great high current amps that are built like tanks. You can usually pick up a used one for $5-600. Only downside is that they are fan cooled so not the best if your equipment is in your home theater (mine isn't).
post #6575 of 6580 Unread 11-21-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

If I wanted to put I wall speakers in a column am I still using the brackets? I mean I know I neecthe brackets to pull and hold the speaker forward so it doesn't fall backwards but what if I want to use an in wall piece in a column but use speaker grill material? Can I just attach the speaker to the wall or on a shelf and make the column opening to accept speaker grill material? I know I shouldn't be confused with this but I am. I want to keep the depth of the column as low profile as possible that why.

Jim
post #6576 of 6580 Unread 11-21-2014, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
If I wanted to put I wall speakers in a column am I still using the brackets? I mean I know I neecthe brackets to pull and hold the speaker forward so it doesn't fall backwards but what if I want to use an in wall piece in a column but use speaker grill material? Can I just attach the speaker to the wall or on a shelf and make the column opening to accept speaker grill material? I know I shouldn't be confused with this but I am. I want to keep the depth of the column as low profile as possible that why.

Jim
My columns are 3/4" Knotty Alder plywood with dimensions 16" wide by 6" deep. Triad issues a cutout template I used for columns. Speaker has toggles top and bottom that require a screwdriver which squeezes the speaker to the plywood flush.........when done, attach grill. Very slick, easy system.
post #6577 of 6580 Unread Yesterday, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

Jim
Yes you could do that as long as 1) You make sure to tighten the 4 grill screws all the way down and 2) Use some acoustic batting or foam behind the speaker to push it forward.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
post #6578 of 6580 Unread Yesterday, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok that's right. That was what I was looking for. You have to pad em a bit in the back. I haven't installed my mini's yet for the kids game area. I'm using brackets for those but I remember now that I didn't need to if I padded them. So lesson learned is when I build my columns try to get em not much deeper than the silver lcr's being used.

Thanks guys.
post #6579 of 6580 Unread Today, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,
I'm looking for opinions for a two channel system. Specifically I would like to know your opinion on the following:

Inroom Omni Gold Se
Inroom Silver Mini Monitor
Inroom Gold Mini Monitor

Reviews seem scarce especially for the Omnis so I'm hoping that some of you have real world experience with these speakers.

I'm thinking of using a Marantz PM6005 or PM7005 to drive them.

It will be for my home office set up, not a very large room about 13 ft by 10 ft.

I'm also looking at RBH SX-61/R as another speaker option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6580 of 6580 Unread Today, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgot to ask - in terms of triad paint finish what is included? Is it a matte finish, satin, or glossy. Has anyone painted them Ferrari red? Were you happy with the results.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad