Just a quick update here,
I've contacted Triad (and i got a reply from Mr. Steve, "he was very nice and helpful") to seek their recommendation for InCeiling Speakers to go with my Front 3x Inwall Gold LCR & 4x Inwall Silver LCR (for surround and rear) to have a complete Atmos setup in my new HT. They recommended 4x InCeiling Bronze/8 LCR as my front and rear heights.
from their email, i have the following summary for Atmos setup:
- Monopole all the way. No Di-pole (big no!)
- Bi-pole might work, but with some compromise to the image focus compared to monopole.
- Height of the speakers should be to the listener ear level. (or maximum x 1.25, for example, Main front height = 42", then the surround should be no higher than 52"). if not in the same ear level, they recommend to slightly angle them down.
- Recommended to have minimum of 5ft from any speaker (surround or rear). (for my case, the sweet spot is pretty good with minimum 7 ft, but the second row is not optimum, but who cares as long as i enjoy my sweet spot
.. and normally guests cannot tell the differences, right!
- Flat baffle speakers (like inwall type), can be used as height speakers, but will provide limited listening area. therefore, it would be better to use angled baffle InCeiling for good angular coverage.