Triad Owner's Thread - Page 221 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 73Likes

Old 12-05-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Remodeling our family room which has me evaluating our av needs. We currently have some B&W in walls and SVS sub. The sub now needs to go in-wall and I've been happy with my in-ceiling triad subs in other rooms so I think I'm going to to do two of the slim-subs. My dilemma is the in-walls. I'm looking at the Silver4 LCR but part of the remodel includes stone going up the wall right where speakers are.

So Silver4 LCR VS Mini LCR 3 SE? The sound at would make life easier but am I losing a ton, or does this sound bar perform well enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I picked up some used triad in wall gold monitors a few months back and am going to start my little reno to install them now. I am looking for a little help with how to mount them. Do I need some kind of bracket or can I just frame them in somehow? How would I attach them to the frame without hurting the speaker?
Old 12-08-2014, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Triad InWall's self mount using the little sliding brackets on the back of the speaker. The sliders mount behind the drywall. The front grill sandwiches the speaker against the drywall and prevents it from falling backwards.

PM me with your email and I'll send you a .pdf with diagrams.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hey Dawn, thanks again for the great pricing on the Triads. I really appreciate working with someone who's so responsive and helpful.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:17 AM

You're most welcome Jesse. Enjoy your new Triads!

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph and Control4.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Dawn thanks from me as well. Love my Gold Monitors! Will be back to get the 14 Triad speakers including some platinum's like we discussed in the future.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:08 AM

Sahan,

Glad you were able to come back to AVS. You'll find a ton of useful info here. Don't forget to check out our Triad Speaker Matching chart: Triad Owner's Thread

And also make sure you read about Dolby Atmos both here in the forums and at this Dolby link: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolog...lby-atmos.html

I was very impressed with the Atmos demos I saw at CEDIA.

Dawn

Old 12-15-2014, 07:49 PM

So how does the Mini LCR 3 SE compare to other speakers in the Triad line as well as other soundbars? I've got other triad speakers including some silver inceiling monitors but haven't been able to find anyone with the Mini LCR 3 SE to demo. Its a toss up right now between this and the new bar from Golden Ear

Chris
Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 AM

I can't really compare it to any of the standard Triad LCRs. It is a soundbar so it has the same limitations that you'll find in this class of speaker. That said, it's the best soundbar I've ever heard.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepaola View Post
So how does the Mini LCR 3 SE compare to other speakers in the Triad line as well as other soundbars? I've got other triad speakers including some silver inceiling monitors but haven't been able to find anyone with the Mini LCR 3 SE to demo. Its a toss up right now between this and the new bar from Golden Ear
If this is for a main home theater, I would not recommend going the soundbar route.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 AM

It's for a family room, not a "theater".

The only issue is its a large family room, 35x20x17. However we are in the process of a remodel and I'm not sure our current in wall speakers can stay because of stone being added to the wall.

In room speakers are not an option, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM

Silver Flex Sub - Anyone have experience with this sub?

Just curious on your thoughts.

Chris
Old Today, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Looking for a recommendation on a pair of "decent" speakers to round out my a new 5.2 system (current setup LCR is Studio 60 towers, cc-590, dual SB-2000 subs). I will be wiring for 7.2.2 so the new pair I am looking for right away needs to allow for the future growth of the system (and as budget allows).

Couple variables that come into the decision:
- room is dedicated for watching TV/movies and music.
- will be making a good attempt at soundproofing
- I am not wanting floor clutter on the back side (so I am looking for speakers that are on/in walls or ceilings)

Price wise was looking at the silver's...but would like to keep it around $1K for the pair

For the surrounds on a 5.2 is better for the speakers to be on the wall and more level with me seating area (vs. ceiling)?
Then for the back's for the "7" is ceiling?
Wiring for Atmos would be the ceiling "7.2.2" setup...honestly I may never go to this but wiring for it now just in case as the walls and ceiling will be exposed

Thanks!

Tags
Triad