Triad Owner's Thread - Page 231 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 126Likes

post #6901 of 6902 Old Today, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I think the calculator is somewhat based on the dispersion angle of all of their InCeiling speakers. Due to the angled baffle, they cover an angle from directly below to 60 degrees. You need to make sure that your sitting area (and ears) falls within this range. There are charts on their website that explain this.

If you don't have very high ceilings, you must be careful not the mount them too far forward.

http://www.triadspeakers.com/education/faq.html

Quote:
InCeiling speakers have their drivers on a 45 degree angled baffle, which should be generally aimed at the listening area. The useable vertical dispersion angle is approximately 60 degrees. That is, they can be used from directly underneath, to 30 degrees down from the ceiling surface. The rule of thumb is if you can see the tweeter, you are within desirable parameters. To be more precise, use the InCeiling Speaker Distance Calculator in the Dealer Download section of our website.

Last edited by Scott MS; Today at 01:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6902 of 6902 Old Today, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendry98 View Post
Basically the calculator was made by Triad to calculate where exactly you need to place your height speakers (front and rear) from your main seat.

i think it is based on Dolby recommendation for Atmos height speakers, which are 30-50 degree for front & 125-150 for rear heights speakers (InCeiling)
Okay, good to know.

I'm still waiting for things to settle down (probably after the DTS tech gets released) before pulling the trigger, especially since I'll be sporting a 5.1.2 setup which will probably be less forgiving that 7.1.4 which seems more common so far.

Build thread & current gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
though the Triad On Wall Silver Surrounds are listed for sale, and will be replaced by direct radiating speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page