Triad Owner's Thread - Page 247 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 242Likes
post #7381 of 7399 Old 06-23-2015, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Thanks Dawn. Does that mean I must use the Triad rack amp for this, or can I use an amp like the iNuke, which I presume would have similar features?

Also is there any information from Triad - an instruction manual or owners manual - for the amp you mentioned and in particular details the whole range of adjustments available? I looked all through their website and could not find anything like that.

Batpig and others are correct. You really want to use the Triad RackAmp. Everything from output, to crossovers is designed with these subs in mind.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph, Oppo and Control4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 7399 Old 06-23-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Thanks guys! Is 350W really enough to fully drive this 10" woofer? I'd imagine so or they wouldn't match it with the 6" in-wall sub, but doesn't seem like that much power. It has only a 6 band PEQ?

If I wind up using 4 of these as balancing subs then I need 4 of the 350 rack amps? How much rack space do these take up? Miike any feel for how well this will all integrate with the much bigger Seaton Submersive F2+ dual 15" and Dirac Live?

Does anyone here have the 6" in-wall Triad sub? I've heard good things about them, but would like to hear from some owners.
You are using them for balancing subs to smooth response, so they will work well for what you need.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #7383 of 7399 Old 06-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anybody have experience with the Triad R Series? I use mostly Paradigm speakers normally, but the CI I'm working with recommended the R 26's just to save a bit on budget. Triad R26's are quite a bit less sensitive than the Paradigm 6.5" in-ceiling speakers I'm looking at (87 db vs. 91.5 db), but ceilings are only 9' high and I have plenty of power so it shouldn't be a major issue. Curious about the R Series, as Triad doesn't publish any literature on them and they appear to be the only speakers they sell (at least in the in-ceiling lines) that are imported. Specs surprise me a bit too. The Silver Open series speakers, that list for 2x the R26 are spec'd at 70 hz on the low end vs. 50 hz for the R26. Seems a bit backwards, if accurate, or possibly just stretched for the R26?
I don't have anything at all against Triad, just no experience with them and I don't think the CI has listened to this model either. Think he's just going off a recommendation from distributor and on price. I'm trying to get a handle on the musicality.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

TJ
post #7384 of 7399 Old 06-25-2015, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I heard the R Series at a distributor showroom. Pretty impressive for the price point. All of Triad's round in-ceiling speakers are imported. Tell your installer that you want to try a pair. If you like them just buy more.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph, Oppo and Control4.
post #7385 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Smile Need Triad Atmos 11.4.2 setup help from the Triad experts!

Hi Guys, I've learned a lot from these forums and have decided to finally build a basement home theater with Triad in-wall speakers. I need your help as I'm getting conflicting recommendations from two separate Triad dealers in my area and want to make sure that I don't spend money on the wrong speaker type.

I have a 12ft.W x 19ft.L x 8.5ftH room. The LCR's will be in-wall behind an acoustic screen. I want two front and two rear heights and 2 surround rear's - all in-wall. Also two in-wall subs - one in the front and one in the back of the room.

I have drawn out my room and the numbers indicate the speaker types. Please see JPG.
One dealer recommended that I go for silver sealed rounds for the heights. One recommended either bronze or silver 4 surrounds for the heights. Similarly for the side and rear surrounds I am contemplating either bronze or silver 4 surrounds (in a BIPOLE configuartion).

For the LCR's I'm thinking of the Silver 6 LCR in wall.

For the subs - they will be in opposite corners of the room. I was thinking the Bronze 6 in wall subwoofer.

Will this setup work? Please critique and recommend what would best fit my room and my budget of around 10K. Is there a problem if i mix silver LCR with bronze surrounds?

Thanks for all your help and advice.

AJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home theater plan.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	816530  
post #7386 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurjohriddsmd View Post
Hi Guys, I've learned a lot from these forums and have decided to finally build a basement home theater with Triad in-wall speakers. I need your help as I'm getting conflicting recommendations from two separate Triad dealers in my area and want to make sure that I don't spend money on the wrong speaker type.

I have a 12ft.W x 19ft.L x 8.5ftH room. The LCR's will be in-wall behind an acoustic screen. I want two front and two rear heights and 2 surround rear's - all in-wall. Also two in-wall subs - one in the front and one in the back of the room.

I have drawn out my room and the numbers indicate the speaker types. Please see JPG.
One dealer recommended that I go for silver sealed rounds for the heights. One recommended either bronze or silver 4 surrounds for the heights. Similarly for the side and rear surrounds I am contemplating either bronze or silver 4 surrounds (in a BIPOLE configuartion).

For the subs - they will be in opposite corners of the room. I was thinking the Bronze 6 in wall subwoofer.

Will this setup work? Please critique and recommend what would best fit my room and my budget of around 10K. Is there a problem if i mix silver LCR with bronze surrounds?

AJ
My suggestion: bronze monopoles for surrounds (maybe bipole for side surrounds if you're only going with 2), silver fronts, one sub on each wall. Height speakers I won't make a recommendation on as you have a lowish ceiling. I would call Triad about that.
post #7387 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
My suggestion: bronze monopoles for surrounds (maybe bipole for side surrounds if you're only going with 2), silver fronts, one sub on each wall. Height speakers I won't make a recommendation on as you have a lowish ceiling. I would call Triad about that.
Thanks for the reply. Any benefit to upgrade to Silver surrounds as the specs are essentially the same on paper to the Bronze surrounds. Any noticeable sound improvement for the approx. 30% increase in cost compared to the Bronze?
post #7388 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Any benefit to upgrade to Silver surrounds as the specs are essentially the same on paper to the Bronze surrounds. Any noticeable sound improvement for the approx. 30% increase in cost compared to the Bronze?
They sound pretty darn similar, it's just the silvers will play louder, which isn't probably needed for surrounds.
post #7389 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
F3 on Silver is 80 Hz compared to 90 Hz on Bronze..........that puts a hole in FR between 80-90 Hz.

If money is issue, certainly in realm of possibilities using Bronze surrounds.

BTW, shop around for your Triads...............maybe you might receive better advise.
post #7390 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 2015
Everything I've read and been told is that the difference between Silver and Bronze is not sound quality but SPL capabilities. Silvers are bigger, more sensitive and handle more power so they can handle larger spaces.

The biggest determinant of speaker power is going to be distance / room size. Since you will be a decent distance from the front 3 the Silvers make sense for LCR behind the screen.

But the room is pretty narrow so it's likely your distance to surrounds / heights will be considerably less. You may only need half the power as for the fronts if you're 12-14ft from the LCR but only 6-8ft from the rest. So the Bronze will probably be fine given your room size.
doublewing11 likes this.
post #7391 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Everything I've read and been told is that the difference between Silver and Bronze is not sound quality but SPL capabilities. Silvers are bigger, more sensitive and handle more power so they can handle larger spaces.

The biggest determinant of speaker power is going to be distance / room size. Since you will be a decent distance from the front 3 the Silvers make sense for LCR behind the screen.

But the room is pretty narrow so it's likely your distance to surrounds / heights will be considerably less. You may only need half the power as for the fronts if you're 12-14ft from the LCR but only 6-8ft from the rest. So the Bronze will probably be fine given your room size.
Thanks guys. Makes a lot of sense. The sensitivity on the silvers is only 1db more than the bronze, so I think for the effects speakers, the bronze will do fine for me and save me around 2k for the total package. Also, on the Triad website it doesn't say anything about Bipoles... can the surrounds be requested as Bipoles since the website says Dipole configuration? I thought Bipoles were better than Dipoles....
post #7392 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks guys. Makes a lot of sense. The sensitivity on the silvers is only 1db more than the bronze, so I think for the effects speakers, the bronze will do fine for me and save me around 2k for the total package. Also, on the Triad website it doesn't say anything about Bipoles... can the surrounds be requested as Bipoles since the website says Dipole configuration? I thought Bipoles were better than Dipoles....

Yes, slight upcharge. Must request bipole for surrounds.

When I was at Triad Corporate office a few months ago for a demo, was told ALL surrounds will be bipole in future.
post #7393 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Yes, slight upcharge. Must request bipole for surrounds.

When I was at Triad Corporate office a few months ago for a demo, was told ALL surrounds will be bipole in future.
Thanks!
post #7394 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
F3 on Silver is 80 Hz compared to 90 Hz on Bronze..........that puts a hole in FR between 80-90 Hz.
Triad website lists bronze at 80hz.

Why would you be left with a hole?
post #7395 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
Triad website lists bronze at 80hz.

Why would you be left with a hole?
Drop off happens much earlier than F3 value..........you can have a small notch in FR between 80-90 Hz. Ideally, you'd like to see F3 closer to 70 Hz so notch is eliminated assuming an 80 Hz crossover to LF. Even better, F3 @ 60 Hz would be nicer.

Thus the ways of matching speakers........matching frequency response, sensitivity and rms capabilities.
post #7396 of 7399 Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:

AJ
You are doing a 11.1.4. Sub is a single channel and is listed in the middle. Since your side surrounds are close, I would go bipole. Same for the rear surrounds. Silver 6 in-wall LCR's sound good up front. I would probably go Bronze for the side and rear bipole surrounds, due to the close proximity to the seating. For the cieling speakers, I would probably use Bronze for the Atmos speakers.
doublewing11 likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #7397 of 7399 Unread Today, 04:49 AM

Thanks guys!
post #7398 of 7399 Unread Today, 04:51 AM

Can anyone send me any information on how to attach the new construction bracket to the studs and the speaker and the grill for in wall speakers. I am a little confused on how this thing will be installed. Any pics would help. Will attempt to install myself to save some money if it's not too hard.
post #7399 of 7399 Unread Today, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Can anyone send me any information on how to attach the new construction bracket to the studs and the speaker and the grill for in wall speakers. I am a little confused on how this thing will be installed. Any pics would help. Will attempt to install myself to save some money if it's not too hard.
I believe they install like the Golds....check this video out.

https://youtu.be/nseRVbEcD7s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page