Triad Owner's Thread - Page 250 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 258Likes

post #7471 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtguy View Post
Has anyone heard a MicroSat 3.0 or a MicroLCR 3.0 in person? How is the sound quality compared to say a mini LCR? I'd like to get something that sounded as good as these but in a smaller size to fit my 42" LCD. The mini is 54" + wide and would be way longer than my tv.

I'm looking at them for a bedroom wall mount TV but the 128hz frequency response also scares me. I'll be using an older bronze in ceiling sub for bass but I feel like if I cross it over at 130hz it will be really localized.

Any first hand opinions of them?
I have heard the MicroLCR 3.0 and it's a really nice soundbar. Due to it's larger drivers and bigger cabinet, the Mini does sound better. Triad might be able to custom size the Mini to make it shorter. Don't know what the smallest length dimension might be. Can you give me the length you're looking for? I can check with Triad tomorrow, and see how close we can get.

If we can't get close enough, you can test sub localization before your purchase a MicroLCR 3.0. Take your sub and receiver and a small speaker, and try the combination at a 130hz crossover. Move the sub around to see if you can localize it.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph, Oppo and Control4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
I have heard the MicroLCR 3.0 and it's a really nice soundbar. Due to it's larger drivers and bigger cabinet, the Mini does sound better. Triad might be able to custom size the Mini to make it shorter. Don't know what the smallest length dimension might be. Can you give me the length you're looking for? I can check with Triad tomorrow, and see how close we can get.

If we can't get close enough, you can test sub localization before your purchase a MicroLCR 3.0. Take your sub and receiver and a small speaker, and try the combination at a 130hz crossover. Move the sub around to see if you can localize it.
Good idea on trying the crossover at 130hz, I will do that. My tv is 40.5 inches wide, I'd like for the bar to match the width. The mini lcr is listed at 54" so I assumed that was the smallest it went but if it could be smaller that would be great!
post #7473 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 06:07 AM

Actually id be fine with a mini 2.0 or mini 2.0 se if they could get it down to that size. Even the 2.0 is listed at 50".
post #7474 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 06:53 AM

40.5" is going to be a challenge for a Mini 3.0. But 2.0 might work.

I'll call Triad tomorrow and see which of their soundbars can be downsized to that length.

Authorized Dealer Sales: Triad Speakers, NHT, Marantz, Denon, JVC, Stewart Filmscreen, Screen innovations, Panamorph, Oppo and Control4.
post #7475 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
40.5" is going to be a challenge for a Mini 3.0. But 2.0 might work.

I'll call Triad tomorrow and see which of their soundbars can be downsized to that length.
Ya it's a baby TV. I appreciate the help!
post #7476 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1969 Post(s)
Liked: 2102
Quote:
Quote:

Good idea on trying the crossover at 130hz, I will do that. My tv is 40.5 inches wide, I'd like for the bar to match the width. The mini lcr is listed at 54" so I assumed that was the smallest it went but if it could be smaller that would be great!
What about inwall or onwall speakers flanking the TV instead of a soundbar? Seems like that would allow you to get larger more robust speakers.
post #7477 of 7481 Old 07-26-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
What about inwall or onwall speakers flanking the TV instead of a soundbar? Seems like that would allow you to get larger more robust speakers.
I'd rather not do in walls or in ceiling because we may move in the next year or 2. I initially wanted on walls(have bronze lcr onwall in family room) but wife nixed that. I barely got her to agree to a sound bar.
post #7478 of 7481 Old 07-27-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Ya it's a baby TV. I appreciate the help!
As promised, I spoke to Triad this morning.

Unfortunately, the Mini (even the 2 channel version) won't work in 40.5". That's the bad news.

The good news:

Take a look at the OnWall Micro LCR 3.0. http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...lcr3.html#tab2
You can cross it over at 130hz, and unless the sub is directly over your head, you should not experience any subwoofer localization issues.

As always, if we can help you with Triad speaker selection or pricing, send me a PM.

post #7479 of 7481 Old 07-27-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
As promised, I spoke to Triad this morning.

Unfortunately, the Mini (even the 2 channel version) won't work in 40.5". That's the bad news.

The good news:

Take a look at the OnWall Micro LCR 3.0. http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...lcr3.html#tab2
You can cross it over at 130hz, and unless the sub is directly over your head, you should not experience any subwoofer localization issues.

As always, if we can help you with Triad speaker selection or pricing, send me a PM.
Ugh. I kind of figured that. I have some in room minis and really like their sound. I'm worried I wont like the micro if it doesnt sound as good. The sub is actually directly below us(under the bed) not in the ceiling. Thats why im worried about localization. Guess I'll hook up some speakers in there and try a 130hz xover and see how bad it is.

Thank you Dawn, for all the help. That's twice now you've gone out of your way to help me and I haven't even bought a product from you.(yet!) Much appreciated.
post #7480 of 7481 Old 07-27-2015, 09:42 AM

Glad to help any time.

The Micro is really a great soundbar. It's also the perfect length and won't require any custom sizing. Play with the sub levels and you might be pleasantly surprised. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

post #7481 of 7481 Old Today, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Has anyone heard pricing from Triad on conversion of Silver Surrounds from Dipole to Bipole? I had contacted them a few months back and they indicated they were in the process of working through that process and coming up with pricing...

- Scott Home theater: Triad Silver/4 LCR, LS, RS; Triad Silver/4 Surround LRS, RRS; Denon X4000; Emotiva XPA-7; Oppo BDP-103; TiVo Roamio Plus; Apple TV; Amazon Fire TV; Sony HW55ES; 120 inch screenStudy: Onkyo NR-717; Klipsch RF-7 II LF, RF; Klipsch RC-64 II C; RF-82 LS, RS; TiVo HD Premium; Samsung LED 40 inch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page