Triad Owner's Thread - Page 262 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 321Likes

post #7831 of 7849 Old 02-04-2016, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 72
What triad speakers would be appropriate for my room? 1 row seating. MLP about 16 feet back on a 2 foot high riser in a slightly smaller than 20x30x12 room. I listen -10db below reference. I guess designing for reference is ok, since that allows 10db of headroom, so I am not running the system at its limits.

I would like 7 speakers, plus Atmos if possible. I am past the point where putting speakers in the ceiling is viable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7832 of 7849 Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Liked: 2762
I think in a room that size most will tell you Silver at a minimum, and Gold if you actually want clean reference level.

I have Bronze LCR in a much smaller room (16x17 with 11-12ft distance to front 3 speakers) and they can do -10 easily powered by my Denon 6200 internal amps. But you will need considerably more.

The good news is the room is so large that you can use direct firing speakers for surrounds which is ideal for immersive audio. So maybe Silver LCR for surrounds and LR-H in back for rear Atmos (just to be clear can you do ON ceiling or do you need reflective modules)?
post #7833 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post
What triad speakers would be appropriate for my room? 1 row seating. MLP about 16 feet back on a 2 foot high riser in a slightly smaller than 20x30x12 room. I listen -10db below reference. I guess designing for reference is ok, since that allows 10db of headroom, so I am not running the system at its limits.

I would like 7 speakers, plus Atmos if possible. I am past the point where putting speakers in the ceiling is viable.
In a room that size, you'll need more than 7 speakers, I think. You need Platinums or Golds for your LCRs...Golds for surrounds, since Atmos is changing the way surround channels are mixed (no holding back). You can do Atmos...Will need to do a coffered ceiling and run speaker wires within the wood assembly.
post #7834 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 10:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3301 Post(s)
Liked: 1964
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:

I would look at Gold or higher.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
post #7835 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get some speaker boxes for the KEF in-ceiling speakers like you have. KEF doesn't offer them. I don't have time to make them myself, so I am now leaning towards getting the Triad IC silver monitors because they are in an enclosure. Would this be an OK switch. considering?

My theater is single row seating, so Triad has said that 90x90 round speakers are OK for this application. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
Dave,

Triad's naming system can be confusing. The IC Silver Monitor 6 is not a round speaker:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...lver6-monitor/

Are you meaning the IC Silver Sealed Round:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...r-sealedround/
That speaker is not part of the "Silver Monitor" line as it uses different drivers altogether.

If you're referring to the Silver Sealed Round, then I would suggest you consider the IC Silver DT Sealed Round, which has dual tweeters and would have broader dispersion:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...t-sealedround/

My only concern would be their ability to keep up with the Platnums and Gold LCR surrounds in terms of output. If Triad says they can, then... I guess they can.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #7836 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Still no timbre matched gold Atmos speakers, though, correct? Same for the Plats - they have LCR and subs but no surrounds. The Cinema reference use AMT in LCR, and while they have designated CR surrounds, they don't use AMT drivers.

It looks like silver is as high as the timbre matched systems go for Atmos, no?

Do the LCR or the monitors play louder? Can I mix them?

post #7837 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get some speaker boxes for the KEF in-ceiling speakers like you have. KEF doesn't offer them. I don't have time to make them myself, so I am now leaning towards getting the Triad IC silver monitors because they are in an enclosure. Would this be an OK switch. considering?

My theater is single row seating, so Triad has said that 90x90 round speakers are OK for this application. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
Should work fine........................

I used the Kef's due to wanting dispersion for two rows of seven seats..................if you're talking only one row, should be fine and is a solid choice. Oops......Mike already answered.
post #7838 of 7849 Old 02-05-2016, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:

NO YOU'RE NOT!!!!

You have 12 ft ceiling for crying out loud! Perfect height for building something beautiful on the ceiling to hide Atmo ceiling speakers............and use it as a chase for wiring!!!!
joaquin and Mike Garrett like this.
post #7839 of 7849 Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
In a room that size, you'll need more than 7 speakers, I think. You need Platinums or Golds for your LCRs...Golds for surrounds, since Atmos is changing the way surround channels are mixed (no holding back). You can do Atmos...Will need to do a coffered ceiling and run speaker wires within the wood assembly.
Why would he need to do a coffered ceiling? I plan on doing a Atmos theater with a painted starfield ceiling with no coffer beams. Is there something I am missing?
post #7840 of 7849 Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Dave,

Triad's naming system can be confusing. The IC Silver Monitor 6 is not a round speaker:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...lver6-monitor/

Are you meaning the IC Silver Sealed Round:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...r-sealedround/
That speaker is not part of the "Silver Monitor" line as it uses different drivers altogether.

If you're referring to the Silver Sealed Round, then I would suggest you consider the IC Silver DT Sealed Round, which has dual tweeters and would have broader dispersion:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...t-sealedround/

My only concern would be their ability to keep up with the Platnums and Gold LCR surrounds in terms of output. If Triad says they can, then... I guess they can.

Craig
Hi Craig, those DT sealed rounds are 8 ohm speakers. Is that a problem mixing them with the Plats? And they are 87 sensitivity versus the 94 of the Plats.

I am still trying to figure out why Triad said to mount the inceiling silver monitor 6 speakers in the corners of the room. That placement makes no sense to me with Atmos. I would just like to know which ceiling speakers I should get with backing boxes and where to mount them.

Last edited by easycruise; Yesterday at 01:03 PM.
post #7841 of 7849 Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Why would he need to do a coffered ceiling? I plan on doing a Atmos theater with a painted starfield ceiling with no coffer beams. Is there something I am missing?

Greetings. He mentioned he was beyond the point of putting speakers in his ceilings. The coffered ceiling would give him raceways that he could run the cable through to surface mounted speakers.
post #7842 of 7849 Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I could build down, but I can't put anything above the drywall. Too much women cave infrastructure running above. I thought on-wall vs in-wall might make a difference in recommendations. I wasn't able to view the compatibility chart from my iPad, but after pulling it up on a PC it answered a lot of questions.

Raised some, though, like why do the silver monitors match the plats and the golds don't? Also, I didn't see the new silver height modules listed, as far as what which models they work with.

Still thinking the silvers all the way around, with silver Atmos bounce speakers would be easiest if I could fit under their SPL limits. Does Triad provide max usable SPL stats for their speakers? By usable, I mean in a way a normal person would use them, before distortion or other undesirable artifacts from pushing the speakers to hard start to manifest.

post #7843 of 7849 Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
The coffered ceiling or "box beams" will provide some diffraction of the sound and it looks great too. It's just another way to skin the cat.

Check out your PM inbox. Maybe we can still get together.

Mike Miles
ICR | Home based AV Business - mmiles442004@yahoo.com
Process Integration Inc. | System Integration - mmiles@processintegrationinc.com
Open Automation Software | SCADA and more mikemiles@opcsystems.com
post #7844 of 7849 Old Today, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi I am new member and I'd like to thx the guys here for there valuable info abou triad speakers and now i am planing to go with triad spekers for my home theater and i like to have ur comment my system will be as planing is triad silver 7.1.4 and my room is about 19"*14*W*12H .

The system will be :
- Triad IR SILVER LCR (3 inrom 4 in wall for the surround)

- Triad IR SILVER SUB (one at the moment and mybe i will go for 2)

-Triad IC SILVER/6 SATELLITE (4 for atmos)

My Q. Is is this system will be fine or should i go with the golds ?

Note: still not decide about the av receiver still wait to see a one had all the new format.

Plz id like to have ur sugest about my system

Best regards

Ahmed
post #7845 of 7849 Old Today, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by [COLOR=#000
rabident[/COLOR];41410233]Yeah, I could build down, but I can't put anything above the drywall. Too much women cave infrastructure running above. I thought on-wall vs in-wall might make a difference in recommendations. I wasn't able to view the compatibility chart from my iPad, but after pulling it up on a PC it answered a lot of questions.

Raised some, though, like why do the silver monitors match the plats and the golds don't? Also, I didn't see the new silver height modules listed, as far as what which models they work with.

Still thinking the silvers all the way around, with silver Atmos bounce speakers would be easiest if I could fit under their SPL limits. Does Triad provide max usable SPL stats for their speakers? By usable, I mean in a way a normal person would use them, before distortion or other undesirable artifacts from pushing the speakers to hard start to manifest.
Triad doesn't have SPL charts per se. But I did manage to get a room size guide/chart from them.

Triad Owner's Thread
post #7846 of 7849 Old Today, 04:49 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
Hi I am new member and I'd like to thx the guys here for there valuable info abou triad speakers and now i am planing to go with triad spekers for my home theater and i like to have ur comment my system will be as planing is triad silver 7.1.4 and my room is about 19"*14*W*12H .

The system will be :
- Triad IR SILVER LCR (3 inrom 4 in wall for the surround)

- Triad IR SILVER SUB (one at the moment and mybe i will go for 2)

-Triad IC SILVER/6 SATELLITE (4 for atmos)

My Q. Is is this system will be fine or should i go with the golds ?

Note: still not decide about the av receiver still wait to see a one had all the new format.

Plz id like to have ur sugest about my system

Best regards

Ahmed
As far as room size, you are definitely good to go with the Silver system. Everything looks good as far as speaker selection. I do recommend two subs, as this will smooth out your low end. Triad recommends putting the subs in diagonally opposing corners.

Optionally:

Since your room is narrow, you could alternatively go with InWall Bipole Silver Surrounds for the sides, and possibly the same for the rears. It depends on how close your seating is to the surround speakers.

Dawn
post #7847 of 7849 Old Today, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
As far as room size, you are definitely good to go with the Silver system. Everything looks good as far as speaker selection. I do recommend two subs, as this will smooth out your low end. Triad recommends putting the subs in diagonally opposing corners.

Optionally:

Since your room is narrow, you could alternatively go with InWall Bipole Silver Surrounds for the sides, and possibly the same for the rears. It depends on how close your seating is to the surround speakers.

Dawn
Thx dawn.. the seating is 65cm for the back and 68.4cm for the side
post #7848 of 7849 Old Today, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Liked: 2762
The room is 19 feet deep but you are only 2.5 feet from the back wall? Why so close to the back wall? Any way you can scoot forward a few feet to place yourself closer to 30-40% of room length from the back wall? That would be a much better spot acoustically and also provide some distance from the back surrounds. And you'd also minimize the SPL requirements of the front 3 speakers by being a few feet closer.

It does sound like the IW bipoles may be a better choice... you're close enough to the surrounds that their SPL requirements will be substantially less than the front 3.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #7849 of 7849 Old Today, 03:06 PM

Thx dear that's the proposal for the seating
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1455141918805.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1244601