Triad Owner's Thread - Page 262 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 319Likes

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 72
What triad speakers would be appropriate for my room? 1 row seating. MLP about 16 feet back on a 2 foot high riser in a slightly smaller than 20x30x12 room. I listen -10db below reference. I guess designing for reference is ok, since that allows 10db of headroom, so I am not running the system at its limits.

I would like 7 speakers, plus Atmos if possible. I am past the point where putting speakers in the ceiling is viable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Liked: 2754
I think in a room that size most will tell you Silver at a minimum, and Gold if you actually want clean reference level.

I have Bronze LCR in a much smaller room (16x17 with 11-12ft distance to front 3 speakers) and they can do -10 easily powered by my Denon 6200 internal amps. But you will need considerably more.

The good news is the room is so large that you can use direct firing speakers for surrounds which is ideal for immersive audio. So maybe Silver LCR for surrounds and LR-H in back for rear Atmos (just to be clear can you do ON ceiling or do you need reflective modules)?
Old Today, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post
What triad speakers would be appropriate for my room? 1 row seating. MLP about 16 feet back on a 2 foot high riser in a slightly smaller than 20x30x12 room. I listen -10db below reference. I guess designing for reference is ok, since that allows 10db of headroom, so I am not running the system at its limits.

I would like 7 speakers, plus Atmos if possible. I am past the point where putting speakers in the ceiling is viable.
In a room that size, you'll need more than 7 speakers, I think. You need Platinums or Golds for your LCRs...Golds for surrounds, since Atmos is changing the way surround channels are mixed (no holding back). You can do Atmos...Will need to do a coffered ceiling and run speaker wires within the wood assembly.
Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3261 Post(s)
Liked: 1951
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:

I would look at Gold or higher.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
Old Today, 11:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get some speaker boxes for the KEF in-ceiling speakers like you have. KEF doesn't offer them. I don't have time to make them myself, so I am now leaning towards getting the Triad IC silver monitors because they are in an enclosure. Would this be an OK switch. considering?

My theater is single row seating, so Triad has said that 90x90 round speakers are OK for this application. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
Dave,

Triad's naming system can be confusing. The IC Silver Monitor 6 is not a round speaker:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...lver6-monitor/

Are you meaning the IC Silver Sealed Round:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...r-sealedround/
That speaker is not part of the "Silver Monitor" line as it uses different drivers altogether.

If you're referring to the Silver Sealed Round, then I would suggest you consider the IC Silver DT Sealed Round, which has dual tweeters and would have broader dispersion:

http://www.triadspeakers.com/product...t-sealedround/

My only concern would be their ability to keep up with the Platnums and Gold LCR surrounds in terms of output. If Triad says they can, then... I guess they can.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

Old Today, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Still no timbre matched gold Atmos speakers, though, correct? Same for the Plats - they have LCR and subs but no surrounds. The Cinema reference use AMT in LCR, and while they have designated CR surrounds, they don't use AMT drivers.

It looks like silver is as high as the timbre matched systems go for Atmos, no?

Do the LCR or the monitors play louder? Can I mix them?

Old Today, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by easycruise View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get some speaker boxes for the KEF in-ceiling speakers like you have. KEF doesn't offer them. I don't have time to make them myself, so I am now leaning towards getting the Triad IC silver monitors because they are in an enclosure. Would this be an OK switch. considering?

My theater is single row seating, so Triad has said that 90x90 round speakers are OK for this application. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
Should work fine........................

I used the Kef's due to wanting dispersion for two rows of seven seats..................if you're talking only one row, should be fine and is a solid choice. Oops......Mike already answered.
Old Today, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 727
Quote:

NO YOU'RE NOT!!!!

You have 12 ft ceiling for crying out loud! Perfect height for building something beautiful on the ceiling to hide Atmo ceiling speakers............and use it as a chase for wiring!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Triad