Triad Owner's Thread - Page 272 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 395Likes

post #8131 of 8142 Old 07-21-2016, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post
Hey, it's me, after a two year absence from AVS Forum and this, my favorite thread. AVS fouled up my account so I could not log on, and I only yesterday fixed the problem.

I retired from Triad over five years ago, and I am now a bit out of touch with current product issues. I do know there's some really cool new stuff, but I am not up to speed enough to offer any useful technical advice. I am still in touch with sales and engineering folks at Triad, but my knowledge of Triad is attenuated. I'm getting notifications for this thread, and I'll lurk, but I won't post much. I have many unanswered notifications and I'll try to get to those in the next week. If I haven't responded to you it's because I was locked out of this Forum for two years. I bear no animosity, though.

For most of that time, I've been wordsmithing for Audioholics, and my old friend Gene DellaSala. If you Google "Scarpelli" and "Audioholics" you should find around fifteen articles dealing with home theater, surround sound, turntables, and other pithy subjects. You may or may not learn anything, but you'll most likely get a titter, yuk, or guffaw.

Anyway, it's nice to see the thread survived and flourished in my absence. You're a great bunch.
Welcome back!
65Goat likes this.

Samsung 65" TV
Datasat LS10 (w/ DIRAC & Atmos)
Two Emotiva XPA-7's (2nd Gen)
Seven Triad InWall Silver LCR's & Four KEF Ci200RR-THX Atmos speakers
Two Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24" subs
Vicoustic room treatment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8132 of 8142 Old 07-21-2016, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Hey Paul,

Great to see you over here. Loved reading your stuff over at Audioholics.
post #8133 of 8142 Old 07-22-2016, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherr127 View Post
Thank you sir for sharing the experience.From your experience,what do you think of Adam gtc compare to triad?
I absolutely love Adam Audio products................I heard both the Columns and Pencils............EXCELLENT SPEAKERS!

Never heard the Adam Audio GTC 88's but was extremely interested in them.....................their introduction at CEDIA was a major hit!! Was considering booking a flight to New York to hear them, but was waiting for Adam Audio to introduce their in-walls with exact same driver configuration as their GTC 88's. Before I booked flight Adam Audio scraped their in-wall venture so I dropped GTC's from consideration for my room.
post #8134 of 8142 Old 07-22-2016, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Hey, it's me, after a two year absence from AVS Forum and this, my favorite thread. AVS fouled up my account so I could not log on, and I only yesterday fixed the problem.

I retired from Triad over five years ago, and I am now a bit out of touch with current product issues. I do know there's some really cool new stuff, but I am not up to speed enough to offer any useful technical advice. I am still in touch with sales and engineering folks at Triad, but my knowledge of Triad is attenuated. I'm getting notifications for this thread, and I'll lurk, but I won't post much. I have many unanswered notifications and I'll try to get to those in the next week. If I haven't responded to you it's because I was locked out of this Forum for two years. I bear no animosity, though.

For most of that time, I've been wordsmithing for Audioholics, and my old friend Gene DellaSala. If you Google "Scarpelli" and "Audioholics" you should find around fifteen articles dealing with home theater, surround sound, turntables, and other pithy subjects. You may or may not learn anything, but you'll most likely get a titter, yuk, or guffaw.

Anyway, it's nice to see the thread survived and flourished in my absence. You're a great bunch.
Welcome back Paul!

A lot has happened in your absence from Triad............................you MUST hop on your bike and pedal to Portland to hear for yourself the Triad Cinema Reference speakers! Seriously, the best speakers I've EVER heard......................and that says a lot.

BTW, was in Park City three weeks ago....................should have sent you a subsonic message your way!
post #8135 of 8142 Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by KK20 

Considering a trio of 6 year old InRoom Gold LCR's with a horizontal center. I have a large room (6000 cu.ft.) and wondered how these will do at reference levels in a large space? What amplifiers are good for driving them, I have ADA, Cinepro, Chiro to chose from in my collection.

If they're the older Classic Gold LCRs, pass on them. If they're the newer, larger ones, they'll do reference level at a typical seating position.
Quote:Also, given the driver layout of the horizontal center, if I position it vertically, will sound quality suffer?

Because the midrange and tweeter is in a vertical array (on the newer Gold Center), you can't use the speaker vertically. Conversely, you can't use the LCR on its side, either. ADA, Cinepro, and Chiro amps will all work very well. In the past, Triad has used ADA and Cinepro at trade shows with great results.
Question: I am looking at some used Gold LCR's and I want to know how to find out if they are the older classic or the newer, larger ones?
post #8136 of 8142 Old 07-25-2016, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Liked: 3103
You can always email Triad with the serial numbers and pics and they will tell you what vintage they are.

The Classics vs more modern design should be easy to determine as the older ones used a horn/lens on the tweeter. The newer versions have a more typical dome tweeter.

There was also a change around 2010-2011 on all models as Vifa/Peerless went out of business so everything made since then uses different drivers (even if it's the same basic design).
nathan_h likes this.
post #8137 of 8142 Old 07-25-2016, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know anything about the OD25 or OD26 regarding sound quality and durability?
post #8138 of 8142 Old 07-25-2016, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrunr View Post
Question: I am looking at some used gold lcr's and i want to know how to find out if they are the older classic or the newer, larger ones?
old
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	310781-375x500.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1565073  

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #8139 of 8142 Old 07-25-2016, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 354
New (and if they have those flat edges on the drivers, versus round edges, then you have the newest of the new, IIRC)

But if you are making a purchase decision and want complete confidence, batpig's recommendation to ask Triad is spot on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	irgoldlcr.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1565081  

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #8140 of 8142 Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quick question:

100% movie watching, would you go with Silver LCRs or Silver Monitors.

trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$

We use an AT screen so they will be behind the screen.

Thanks,
Scott
post #8141 of 8142 Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Definitely the LCRs. I have the silver LCRs, and they are great for music too.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #8142 of 8142 Old Today, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
Anyone know anything about the OD25 or OD26 regarding sound quality and durability?
Nope, not yet. But I'll probably have Triad send me a pair to try out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad