Triad Owner's Thread - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 442Likes

post #8311 of 8334 Old 11-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Hi Koan,

Triad wants your listening experience to be as perfect as possible; that's why they want you to contact a local dealer to have their speakers selected and installed properly. They are a unique build-to-order manufacturer and not a mass-market company like so many others.

Triad makes really fantastic products and it's worth a little extra effort to order them through an authorized dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8312 of 8334 Old 11-14-2016, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Amen to authorized dealers Dawn.

LG 65 EF 9500,Yamaha 3050,Oppo 103D
Directv C61 4K box, Apple TV, SONOS Connect
Triad Bronze Center, Triad Bronze LR-H Atmos, Elan inwall surrounds, Velodyne Subs,
Savant Remote, Harmony Ultimate Home remote
Xbox 1 S
"It ain't 4K if it ain't shot in 4K"
post #8313 of 8334 Old 11-17-2016, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was planning to use InWall speakers for my living room but turns out the framing of the wall does not make this possible. As an alternative I'm looking at the OnWall Bronze LCRs, but I want them to be as inconspicuous as possible. Does anyone know if cabinets and grills be custom painted at the factory?

Thanks!
post #8314 of 8334 Old 11-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Yes, they can. Contact a Triad dealer and they will help you with this.
post #8315 of 8334 Old 11-18-2016, 12:47 PM

Another question, this time on Atmos.

I'm setting up my new home theater in the attic, which has a sloped ceiling, about 40 degrees. I'm on the fence on Atmos but now would be the time to do it while all the framing is exposed. I have a pair of InCeiling Silver/6 Sats and I was wondering how they would work as overhead speakers on a 5.1.2 setup. Because they are built with a 35 degree angle they would be firing almost straight down when mounted on the sloped ceiling. They would be mounted 8' high. Is the dispersion of the Sats a good fit for overhead placement?

Thanks!
post #8316 of 8334 Old 11-18-2016, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 3483 Post(s)
Liked: 3320
Which way is the ceiling sloped? I'm inferring that it is lowest at the rear and slopes up towards the front of the room (high front wall)? Or is it peaked above you with a slope on each side?
post #8317 of 8334 Old 11-18-2016, 07:46 PM

The ridge runs to the front and the back of the seating position. The slopes would be to your left and right.
post #8318 of 8334 Old 11-21-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well I think a lot depends on where you place the speakers and whether you will stop at 5.1.2 or eventually add two more overheads for a full .4 overhead array. If you're only going to do .2, then having them firing straight down isn't wrong if they are fairly directly overhead from the LP. Ideally you'd want them toed in slightly so they are sort of firing across the listening area, so maybe you can work with the angles of the baffle vs. the ceiling slope to get that dialed in. Would be easier with InWall style (no angled baffle) since then the natural slope would have them firing across.

If you intend to add two more overheads eventually, then I would place them in more of a "Top Front" position a few feet forward, in which case you can rotate them 90 degrees and have the baffle angle aimed at the listening area (perpendicular to the slope).

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #8319 of 8334 Old 11-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Carter D and grtuck like this.
post #8320 of 8334 Old 11-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

RackAmp 700's are temporarily out of stock until the week of December 20, 2016.
post #8321 of 8334 Old 11-30-2016, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Just wanted to say that I'm really liking the triad modules for my atmos setup. The bounce thing deff works if setup properly. at first the front speakers seemed off in the distance but high. the rears were spot on. i moved my self forward in the room 2 feet and everything was proper. the sound panned properly was located properly and not distant and deff above me. so i knew my bounce was not far enough so i couldn't move the modules down lower or forward to increase the bounce so i tilted them. works great. but lesson learned is placement is so key. i'm glad it worked out in my room. (non dedicated living room open to my kitchen by a 8 foot archway).

they are powered by the internal amps on my marantz 6011. the bed audio which are triangle speakers are powered by the 5 channel marantz external amp. i think they play nice together. i don't notice any timbre issues.

i also added 2 silver subs for the room with the last year rack amps for each. nice addition compared to my 1 15" velodyne.

all in all i would recommend them when proper placement can be made. the whole atmos thing is so much more than overhead effect i feel. it just engulfs you in sound. i know i said this before but i feel as though i have a 7.x.x setup vs my 5.x.x. it's just a much more engulfed experience. it really really is. i know some told me to not waste the money cause it's a non dedicated room, but it deff was a huge upgrade for my living room.

i really can't wait to get my dedicated room done with ceiling mounted properly placed speakers along with acoustics and calibration. i think that is going to be a real treat cause i'm pretty happy now.

jim
Dawn Gordon, grtuck and A7mad78 like this.
post #8322 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How do the older Triad Gold/4 Omni InWall speakers compare to the newer Triad Gold/4 Omni SE InWall speakers? (Same goes for older InCeiling Gold/6 Omni vs. newer InCeiling Gold/8 Omni, which I think use the same respective drivers so would match well.) Which if any have the ScanSpeak woofers of the Gold/6 MiniMonitor? And how do the Gold/4 Omnis and Gold/4 Omni SEs compare to the Gold/6 MiniMonitors? Thanks!

Last edited by lwestfall; Yesterday at 02:59 AM.
post #8323 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

From what I've seen, the older "Omni" speakers use the same Peerless woofers + Vifa tweeters as the Bronze/Silver LCR's. If you want to match the sound quality of the Monitor style speakers, you want the Omni SE versions with the higher end drivers.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #8324 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I had the InWall Gold/4 Omni SEs installed for a month or so and really liked them. I found a good deal on a pair of used InWall Silver/4 Monitors so I switched. The Monitors sound a little more detailed to me. I'm not convinced it was worth the upgrade, but the Monitors are staying since they created a taller hole in the wall. It could be that in my room the difference isn't substantial or that my ears aren't good enough to truly notice the difference.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Omni SEs...
post #8325 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

I don't have any yet, just wondering if I should go for 4 used old InWall Gold/4 Omnis (unfortunately not SE) I could get right now for $1000 as part of a 7.1 setup in our little 12' wide 15' long 8' high home theater. I'd like to just have the same 7 Omni or Omni SE speakers all around in our 4" walls. Maybe I'll try to swing by Triad in Portland and see if I can hear enough difference between the newer better drivers and the old ones in one of the Bronze/Silver speakers that still have them. BTW, anyone else not able to access Triad's website today? Seems down...
post #8326 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab325is View Post
I had the InWall Gold/4 Omni SEs installed for a month or so and really liked them. I found a good deal on a pair of used InWall Silver/4 Monitors so I switched. The Monitors sound a little more detailed to me. I'm not convinced it was worth the upgrade, but the Monitors are staying since they created a taller hole in the wall. It could be that in my room the difference isn't substantial or that my ears aren't good enough to truly notice the difference.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the Omni SEs...
Maybe I should just buy your Omni SEs and try to find some more of them eventually... Maybe PM me?
post #8327 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwestfall View Post
I don't have any yet, just wondering if I should go for 4 used old InWall Gold/4 Omnis (unfortunately not SE) I could get right now for $1000 as part of a 7.1 setup in our little 12' wide 15' long 8' high home theater. I'd like to just have the same 7 Omni or Omni SE speakers all around in our 4" walls. Maybe I'll try to swing by Triad in Portland and see if I can hear enough difference between the newer better drivers and the old ones in one of the Bronze/Silver speakers that still have them. BTW, anyone else not able to access Triad's website today? Seems down...
What are you going to use for front 3 speakers? I think it all depends on your budget and how high of a performance level you want. It's not a big room and if you're only using them for surrounds I would imagine the regular Omni's would be just fine unless you have a really high performance expectation for multich music or something.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #8328 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

I want 7 matching 2-ways. I think I'll go with the newer Omni SEs so I can access matching current production speakers. So if anyone wants the 4 old InWall Gold/4 Omni speakers for $1000, contact Todd on LA Craigslist! http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...898464066.html
post #8329 of 8334 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I don't have quite enough posts yet to PM you (need 15). Send me one if you want to discuss the Omni SEs
post #8330 of 8334 Old Today, 07:18 AM

So neither one of us can PM yet...
post #8331 of 8334 Old Today, 07:24 AM

Anyone know what's up with Triad's website?
post #8332 of 8334 Old Today, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab325is View Post
I like to listen at moderate plus levels but my wife often makes me turn it down
Same here!
post #8333 of 8334 Old Today, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 14
thought I'd take a shot here - looking for 2 Triad rear surround speakers if anyone is switching or upgrading - thanks!
post #8334 of 8334 Old Today, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

I spoke to Triad and they are working on getting their website back up. Hopefully soon.

In the meantime if you have any questions please feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad