Triad Owner's Thread - Page 281 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 467Likes
post #8401 of 8412 Old 02-09-2017, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post
Good to know. I have the older versions and Triad doesn't support converting the older models.

I did find a schematic for the crossovers on the older models and according to the schematic it looks like the tweeters are just directly wired out of phase. Thinking about just wiring them in phase and see how they sound.

I have Silver In Walls for the L/R Surrounds and Bronze In Walls for the Back Surrounds.
Curious if you ever tried to change the crossovers in your surrounds and if so were you successful?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8402 of 8412 Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Installing two slimsubs and a RackAmp 700 in a family room, one on right front wall and the other opposite rear wall.

Any best practices or recommendations for set-up?
post #8403 of 8412 Old 02-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 113
If it's not too late, I would put them in diagonally opposing corners.
nathan_h likes this.

post #8404 of 8412 Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepaola View Post
Installing two slimsubs and a RackAmp 700 in a family room, one on right front wall and the other opposite rear wall.

Any best practices or recommendations for set-up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
If it's not too late, I would put them in diagonally opposing corners.
Dawn has given you the best succinct approach. You want them to be a mirror image of each other in the room -- remembering that the room is not just the same where you watch TV but the whole physical space (which might include a kitchen and dining area, in a great room, for example).

More details in this podcast:

http://www.avrant.com/501-dual-sub-calibrations/

http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...nnection-guide

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #8405 of 8412 Old 02-16-2017, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes they are diagonal, I guess that's what I meant by opposite.

I'm more concerned with amp aetup, never been a whiz with subs typically just let the AVR set them up. Seems like setting the subs up this way requires more work.

Thanks for the links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8406 of 8412 Old 02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

You should be able to find helpful files here: Triad Guides and Installation Files
post #8407 of 8412 Old 02-18-2017, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I've been doing more and more 2 channel listening recently and was curious of the differences between the silver lcr's and silver monitors? If anyone has heard both and would like to share their impressions I would appreciate it.

Can the monitors really be used effectively without a sub for music (moderate to loud levels) because the lcr's 100% need one?

Would having the l/r speakers as monitors and the center as an lcr be very noticeable during movies? My front stage is behind an AT screen if that is of concern.

I don't have the room for a dedicated 2 channel setup so I need to make the space I have as effective as possible, thanks!

Audio: Emotiva XMC-1 Processor / Emotiva XPA-7 Gen 3 amp
Speakers: Triad Silver LCR (5), Triad Bronze LCR (2 rear), SVS PB13 Ultra sub
Video: Epson 5025 projector / Darbee Darblet / 98" 16:9 Seymour AV XD screen
Sources: Oppo 103 / Dish / Apple TV / Audio Technica LP-120 TT
post #8408 of 8412 Old 02-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Both Gold and Silver Monitors can be used full range without a sub, but they do sound best with a sub. However, before committing to purchasing a sub you should try them without one to see how you like them.

One thing I would definitely not do is mix a Silver LCR with the Silver Monitors. They sound too different. Keep all front speakers the same. For surround and Atmos channels you can use Silver MiniMonitors. See my speaker matching chart here.
post #8409 of 8412 Old 02-18-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I have the gold in room sub but it's showing in the new 700 rack amp triad in room silver sub ??

Can anyone help me in that

post #8410 of 8412 Unread Yesterday, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

You should have your dealer change the setting. Or go to these RackAmpinstructions.
post #8411 of 8412 Unread Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
You should have your dealer change the setting. Or go to these RackAmpinstructions.

Done ...thx a lot Dawn

grtuck likes this.
post #8412 of 8412 Unread Today, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In-ceiling triads for atmos .4 with hat channel ceiling

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on something I'm considering. I'm finishing my basement and would like to use 4 triad ceiling speakers for the .4 dolby atmos/dts:x effects. I have two goals for sound isolation, I'm trying to decrease the amount of sound that can reach the rest of the house. I'm not looking for complete isolation, but enough so that a movie doesn't shake the the upper floors. Additionally, my son's room is right above where the HT will be. I know there is only so much I can do for his room and my goal is to be able to enjoy a sitcom at night without waking him. (not master and commander)

To help with this I am putting an isomax based hat channel system in for the ceiling. The left, front, right walls are block so I do not have any concerns with sound escaping to other adjoining rooms on the same level. Behind the listening position is an open space and a guest bedroom (also bordered by block walls).

I'm using acoustic putty for the small led lights were putting in the ceiling for lighting, but that leaves me with the in-ceiling speakers and the crux of my post.

Has has anyone ever installed a Triad speaker in a similar ceiling installation? I'm mostly concerned with the opening I would be creating in the ceiling even though the hole would be filled with a speaker. I know I must not bridge the ceiling and joists, it looks like the speakers mount to the joists in both new build and retro. I've seen websites that talk about custom built backer boxes that do not touch the joists or subfloor, I'm just wondering if the speaker's baffling is adequate and how to best mount them.

I'm also curious if anyone has installed the baffled Triad in-ceiling speakers and experienced how much sound is radiates out the back to the above floor?

I've done a fair amount of research but am having a difficult time finding this exact scenario. General concepts I've come across range from "any hole will completely negate all the work you did" to "even with can lights the sound was still significantly muted".

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad