Triad Owner's Thread - Page 283 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 481Likes

post #8461 of 8472 Old 03-16-2017, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I don't work for Triad and I'm not a dealer so I don't feel bad about sharing this is just info I've gleaned from shopping the used market and asking questions
Yes, but you play a Triad dealer on TV.......

:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8462 of 8472 Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there a list of Triad dealers on the web somewhere? I've been looking to see if there is a dealer close to me but can't find any info on dealers in Kentucky. Also, is it better to get three identical Triad speakers for the front or use Triads center channel that everyone seems to love.
post #8463 of 8472 Old 03-18-2017, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Woodboss83, good to see another KY boy! My moms family is from Beaver Dam. I'm looking at Triads too and may be buying through dealer. Buzz me anytime. 502-338-3468.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #8464 of 8472 Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodboss83 View Post
Is there a list of Triad dealers on the web somewhere? I've been looking to see if there is a dealer close to me but can't find any info on dealers in Kentucky. Also, is it better to get three identical Triad speakers for the front or use Triads center channel that everyone seems to love.
Three identical speakers across the front (all positioned the same way) is usually the ideal scenario.

Yes, people like the Triad dedicated center speakers -- as some of the least compromised center designs IF you have to use a center speaker that differs from the left and right front. But the ideal is still three identical speakers, all positioned the same way, if one can accommodate it. (That does NOT mean putting an LCR sideways.)

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
post #8465 of 8472 Old 03-24-2017, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hoping to get a recommendation from the dealers and experts here.

My currently 7.4 configuration is:

Speakers
2 - Triad Gold LCR (Left Right)
1 - InWall Gold/6 LCR (Center)
4 - Triad Gold OnWall Surrounds
4 - Triad Custom PMI Silver Power Sub InWall Style Mounted OnWall
Amps
1 - Parasound Halo Series A21 250 watt x2
1 - Parasound Halo Series A51 250 watt x5
4 - Triad 500 Watt Rackmount Subwoofer Amplifiers
If I were to go down the Dolby Atmos path, which and how many Triad InCeiling speakers should I consider?

Thanks in advance.
post #8466 of 8472 Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 AM

Could someone help me out on which series Triads these are? Are they silvers? The guy said he bought them about 6 years ago new, but I can't find any that look like them on the web. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1490545976387.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2049953  
post #8467 of 8472 Old 03-26-2017, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blafarm View Post
Hoping to get a recommendation from the dealers and experts here.

My currently 7.4 configuration is:

Speakers
2 - Triad Gold LCR (Left Right)
1 - InWall Gold/6 LCR (Center)
4 - Triad Gold OnWall Surrounds
4 - Triad Custom PMI Silver Power Sub InWall Style Mounted OnWall
Amps
1 - Parasound Halo Series A21 250 watt x2
1 - Parasound Halo Series A51 250 watt x5
4 - Triad 500 Watt Rackmount Subwoofer Amplifiers
If I were to go down the Dolby Atmos path, which and how many Triad InCeiling speakers should I consider?

Thanks in advance.
Depending on how many rows of seats you have and ceiling height, the answer may change, but many people are quite happy with the in-ceiling LCR models for Atmos. Maybe the Silvers but again it depends on data you haven't supplied.

Another thought: The surrounds you have may be dipole, which are not ideal for Atmos. If they are a recent vintage, Triad may be able to adjust them to be bipole which is generally better for Atmos.

Quote:
Could someone help me out on which series Triads these are? Are they silvers? The guy said he bought them about 6 years ago new, but I can't find any that look like them on the web. Thanks!
That design doesn't mimic anything in the current lineup (as you discovered) and frankly nothing in the lineup in at least a decade, from what I can tell.

post #8468 of 8472 Old 03-26-2017, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Depending on how many rows of seats you have and ceiling height, the answer may change, but many people are quite happy with the in-ceiling LCR models for Atmos. Maybe the Silvers but again it depends on data you haven't supplied.

Another thought: The surrounds you have may be dipole, which are not ideal for Atmos. If they are a recent vintage, Triad may be able to adjust them to be bipole which is generally better for Atmos.
Thanks for your response. There is only one row of seating, ceiling height is 12 feet and the surrounds are already bipole. Does that change anything?
post #8469 of 8472 Old 03-26-2017, 05:13 PM

Thank you!! I've been driving myself crazy trying to find out what they were for two weeks now! I knew they had to be older.

I'm not quite ready for speakers yet, but I've made up my mind that I want Triads. Now I have to decide whether to do inrooms behind the AT screen or in walls? In walls would save me some room on a already smaller space, so kind of leaning that way.
post #8470 of 8472 Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

This is probably a question for Dawn, but wondering if anyone has experience with the Triad Plat LCRs. Wanted to know the sound characteristics. I've found a lot of good info on Gold LCRs, but not on Plats (no surprise given the $$). I have an aversion to bright speakers, and I know the Golds apparently have a neutral/warm sound. Would appreciate any feedback from the group.

Thanks!
post #8471 of 8472 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blafarm View Post
Thanks for your response. There is only one row of seating, ceiling height is 12 feet and the surrounds are already bipole. Does that change anything?
Depending on where you can located them, and how many, I think Silver LCR InCeiling are probably a decent choice, but Triad has introduced a couple other models in the last year that might work well. Maybe if you post more data (like how you will be driving them, and how many etc etc, others will be able to give you smarter advice. I'm thinking maybe your dealer or installer might be a good source of info too. I haven't got experience with that size room.

Quote:
Thank you!! I've been driving myself crazy trying to find out what they were for two weeks now! I knew they had to be older.

I'm not quite ready for speakers yet, but I've made up my mind that I want Triads. Now I have to decide whether to do inrooms behind the AT screen or in walls? In walls would save me some room on a already smaller space, so kind of leaning that way.
If I was going to start all over again, I might go 'InWall' for my LCR. I have an acoustic screen and use InRoom speakers there. But InWall would have saved space and they are engineered for that precise boundary proximity, which is cool.

But they are less easy to handle, harder to find on the used market, and if you want to adjust or move rooms, they are that much more work. Tradeoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwthacker View Post
This is probably a question for Dawn, but wondering if anyone has experience with the Triad Plat LCRs. Wanted to know the sound characteristics. I've found a lot of good info on Gold LCRs, but not on Plats (no surprise given the $$). I have an aversion to bright speakers, and I know the Golds apparently have a neutral/warm sound. Would appreciate any feedback from the group.

Thanks!
There are several owners of Plats earlier in this thread (like a few years ago) talking about them and their sound versus other high end options. Do a search or two and you'll find several user reports.

post #8472 of 8472 Old Today, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Depending on where you can located them, and how many, I think Silver LCR InCeiling are probably a decent choice, but Triad has introduced a couple other models in the last year that might work well. Maybe if you post more data (like how you will be driving them, and how many etc etc, others will be able to give you smarter advice. I'm thinking maybe your dealer or installer might be a good source of info too. I haven't got experience with that size room.

If I was going to start all over again, I might go 'InWall' for my LCR. I have an acoustic screen and use InRoom speakers there. But InWall would have saved space and they are engineered for that precise boundary proximity, which is cool.

But they are less easy to handle, harder to find on the used market, and if you want to adjust or move rooms, they are that much more work. Tradeoffs.

There are several owners of Plats earlier in this thread (like a few years ago) talking about them and their sound versus other high end options. Do a search or two and you'll find several user reports.

Thanks. I've read audio guys take on the Plats but couldn't find any others.

Another question for the Triad crowd. On the Platinum LCR, I've seen descriptions of Plat "Cinema Reference" LCRs but the website doesn't list it as such. Are these just the OnWall Plats? Or do they have different variations of the InRoom and OnWalls? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad