Triad Owner's Thread - Page 283 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 480Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8461 of 8469 Old 03-16-2017, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dawn Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 637
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I don't work for Triad and I'm not a dealer so I don't feel bad about sharing this is just info I've gleaned from shopping the used market and asking questions
Yes, but you play a Triad dealer on TV.......

:-)
Dawn Gordon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8462 of 8469 Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Beaver Dam, KY
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there a list of Triad dealers on the web somewhere? I've been looking to see if there is a dealer close to me but can't find any info on dealers in Kentucky. Also, is it better to get three identical Triad speakers for the front or use Triads center channel that everyone seems to love.
woodboss83 is online now  
post #8463 of 8469 Old 03-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Woodboss83, good to see another KY boy! My moms family is from Beaver Dam. I'm looking at Triads too and may be buying through dealer. Buzz me anytime. 502-338-3468.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gwthacker is online now  
 
post #8464 of 8469 Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: O.A.S.I.S
Posts: 6,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodboss83 View Post
Is there a list of Triad dealers on the web somewhere? I've been looking to see if there is a dealer close to me but can't find any info on dealers in Kentucky. Also, is it better to get three identical Triad speakers for the front or use Triads center channel that everyone seems to love.
Three identical speakers across the front (all positioned the same way) is usually the ideal scenario.

Yes, people like the Triad dedicated center speakers -- as some of the least compromised center designs IF you have to use a center speaker that differs from the left and right front. But the ideal is still three identical speakers, all positioned the same way, if one can accommodate it. (That does NOT mean putting an LCR sideways.)

____________________

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
nathan_h is online now  
post #8465 of 8469 Old 03-24-2017, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
blafarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hoping to get a recommendation from the dealers and experts here.

My currently 7.4 configuration is:

Speakers
2 - Triad Gold LCR (Left Right)
1 - InWall Gold/6 LCR (Center)
4 - Triad Gold OnWall Surrounds
4 - Triad Custom PMI Silver Power Sub InWall Style Mounted OnWall
Amps
1 - Parasound Halo Series A21 250 watt x2
1 - Parasound Halo Series A51 250 watt x5
4 - Triad 500 Watt Rackmount Subwoofer Amplifiers
If I were to go down the Dolby Atmos path, which and how many Triad InCeiling speakers should I consider?

Thanks in advance.
blafarm is offline  
post #8466 of 8469 Old Today, 09:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Beaver Dam, KY
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Could someone help me out on which series Triads these are? Are they silvers? The guy said he bought them about 6 years ago new, but I can't find any that look like them on the web. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1490545976387.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2049953  
woodboss83 is online now  
post #8467 of 8469 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nathan_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: O.A.S.I.S
Posts: 6,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by blafarm View Post
Hoping to get a recommendation from the dealers and experts here.

My currently 7.4 configuration is:

Speakers
2 - Triad Gold LCR (Left Right)
1 - InWall Gold/6 LCR (Center)
4 - Triad Gold OnWall Surrounds
4 - Triad Custom PMI Silver Power Sub InWall Style Mounted OnWall
Amps
1 - Parasound Halo Series A21 250 watt x2
1 - Parasound Halo Series A51 250 watt x5
4 - Triad 500 Watt Rackmount Subwoofer Amplifiers
If I were to go down the Dolby Atmos path, which and how many Triad InCeiling speakers should I consider?

Thanks in advance.
Depending on how many rows of seats you have and ceiling height, the answer may change, but many people are quite happy with the in-ceiling LCR models for Atmos. Maybe the Silvers but again it depends on data you haven't supplied.

Another thought: The surrounds you have may be dipole, which are not ideal for Atmos. If they are a recent vintage, Triad may be able to adjust them to be bipole which is generally better for Atmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodboss83 View Post
Could someone help me out on which series Triads these are? Are they silvers? The guy said he bought them about 6 years ago new, but I can't find any that look like them on the web. Thanks!
That design doesn't mimic anything in the current lineup (as you discovered) and frankly nothing in the lineup in at least a decade, from what I can tell.

____________________

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".
nathan_h is online now  
post #8468 of 8469 Old Today, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
blafarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Depending on how many rows of seats you have and ceiling height, the answer may change, but many people are quite happy with the in-ceiling LCR models for Atmos. Maybe the Silvers but again it depends on data you haven't supplied.

Another thought: The surrounds you have may be dipole, which are not ideal for Atmos. If they are a recent vintage, Triad may be able to adjust them to be bipole which is generally better for Atmos.
Thanks for your response. There is only one row of seating, ceiling height is 12 feet and the surrounds are already bipole. Does that change anything?
blafarm is offline  
post #8469 of 8469 Old Today, 05:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Beaver Dam, KY
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you!! I've been driving myself crazy trying to find out what they were for two weeks now! I knew they had to be older.

I'm not quite ready for speakers yet, but I've made up my mind that I want Triads. Now I have to decide whether to do inrooms behind the AT screen or in walls? In walls would save me some room on a already smaller space, so kind of leaning that way.
woodboss83 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off