Purchased our home last year and it came with older Paradigm Cinema 7.1 gear. All is still in great shape but I've been wanting to upgrade the screen size (94"), projector (Panasonic AE4000U) etc and have finally gotten to it.
I am upgrading to a Epson LS10000 w/123" CI Slate ZeroEdge and the Marantz SR6011 with a Parasound 275 v2 for 7.2.4 Atmos. When we moved in I replaced the Paradigm LCRs with my own 2x Def Tech Mythos Two's and a Mythos Three.
Our space isn't very big (15 x 15 x 11) and is somewhat rounded on the screen wall (see pic), but I want a nice clean sound w/o over killing it.
Initially I'm thinking of keeping my Mythos while I hunt out some on-walls that will work in our space. (Only have about 6-8 inches on either side of my screen before the wall slants.) I'd like to get some Triad on-walls that are fit for the space after I get everything else done.
My plan now is to go with the following:
- 2x Triad (on-wall) [One wall doesn't have the clearance for in-wall] Silver Surr
- 2x Triad (in-wall) Silver/4 Sat for rear.
- 4x Triad Silver OpenRound for Atmos. [I had hoped to go with Triad Silver SealedRound but after cutting ceiling found don't have clearance in 1 of the fronts.] I'm going to try to squeeze the Triad Silver OpenBack if I can get it to work, but otherwise will have to be Mini OpenRound or similar. The rear Atmos have lots of space, but I think its better to use 2 pair of matching for Atmos?
- 2x (in-room) OmniSub 12
We have 2 rows of seating in this small space (back row on risers) and 4 x pocket doors on the back wall. So, obviously not ideal but trying to make the best of what I have.
Thought I would reach out for some recommendations / considerations.
The questions I have:
1) Are the Silver too much for this space? Would the Bronze or another be better suited?
2) I was very disappointed after cutting the front 2 Atmos to find drainage pipes. Nothing easy to move without opening up the ceiling, fixing pipes, drywall, and restamping. A lot more than I want to take on right now. The Silver SealedRound and/or OpenRound would easily fit in the back Atmos but I don't like the idea of mixing the speakers and having more powerful ones in the back, so plan to just match all. Any thoughts on this?
3) If I end up going silver are there matching OnWall Silver LCRs? Looking at the website I only see Bronze / Gold OnWalls.
4) Anything else I should consider? Overlooked? (Besides moving to a house with a bigger HT
Added a rough drawing on some old plans for reference and a few pics before the remodel and during.
Appreciate any feedback as I try to dial this in.