Triad Owner's Thread - Page 292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 527Likes

post #8731 of 8734 Old 09-14-2017, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
BB,

Triad can update those dipoles to bipoles for a fee. Sometimes they allow handy customers to do it themselves and it costs less.

Call them for more info.

Dawn
I thought I had read somewhere (on this forum) that Triad wasn't offering that service anymore. So you're saying they still are? That would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 8734 Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 3709 Post(s)
Liked: 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
Thanks for the great feedback! The surrounds are dipole. I bought them before ATMOS existed. My dedicated theater is used primarily for multi-channel audio movie watching - along with occasional concert video. I have the InRoom Gold LCR's up front, OnWall Gold Surrounds on the sides and OnWall Gold Surrounds in the back - with a pair of JTR Cap 1400 subs in a fairly small (1,800 cu ft) room. The room is treated and the sound is spectacular. With that said, the tweeters in the surrounds are currently on the top, which when seated, are about 2-3 feet above my head. I may turn them around and see how it sounds with them on the bottom.

Oh, and if I do ever plan to go with ATMOS, then that's another "issue" as I can't go dipole with these surrounds.
Triad Gold and a pair of Cap 1400's in a 1,800 cu ft room!! You are not worried about headroom I imagine!!

If you're not running Atmos, I'd probably leave the surrounds oriented as is. In a standard 7.1 setup it's typical for the surrounds to be elevated above ear level, plus the dipole design means you're getting a diffuse sound field. I don't think it's worth the effort to flip them over. 2-3 feet above ear level is pretty much perfect for a 7.1 setup.

If you get them re-wired for bipole in order to go Atmos, then I'd flip them over to bring the tweeter closer to ear level. But honestly I wouldn't worry about it for now if it were me.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #8733 of 8734 Old 09-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Good advice - thanks for the feedback. I agree, sans ATMOS for now, I think I will keep as is. Sounds really good and very diffuse, which is the goal.

And yes, in my room, I have plenty of headroom!

post #8734 of 8734 Old 09-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 142
To all my friends here in the Triad thread,

I need two volunteers to help test out a new theater design system we are thinking of rolling out for Triad customers only. This is a completely different approach than the one I previously tried out several months ago.

If you have home theater plans (not handwritten) please contact me. I really would love to have your input on this.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Dawn Gordon; 09-20-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page