15Likes

post #91 of 6310 Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

What!!! No helicopter delivery service in your area?....Pitty!

Yeah really, you offer that to your Oklahoma customers Tony?

I mistyped. Dealer wont be here tomorrow, it's Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 6310 Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Yeah really, you offer that to your Oklahoma customers Tony?

Oops, sorry. You have to buy the Platinum series to get that service.

Tony G. Cordova, President
Showplace Oklahoma - Showplace Theater & Sound
"We put the SHOW in your PLACE."
post #93 of 6310 Old 01-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Question for Paul...

What in-room surrounds would you recommend for a system with Silver Monitors up front (LCR) and a Silver Sub?

I currently use Triad in-ceilings but have recently moved our HT to a new room that can now use in-room speakers. I want something fairly reasonably priced (new baby on the way...) and with a decent WAF (aka small and can be placed on a sturdy stand using lead or sand). I also noticed from the Triad site, not all Triad speakers have the option of Triad stands. Any new stands coming out soon (e.g. silver minimonitor)?

Also, since I know that Paul is pretty cool with these kinds of questions, what non-Triad speakers might be a good match for surrounds?

By the way and for others looking at a Triad system, I am currently running my speakers from an Emotiva MPS-1 amp and loving it. I have an amp module for each LCR (300w each @ 4ohm).

On a separate note and not to be all patriotic and everything but so far my american made speakers and amp have been the best HT pieces I have purchased. Great customer service and system performance. My Sony products seem to like to take a tour of the service facility at least twice before they actually work as advertised (or at all).

Eric
post #94 of 6310 Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Surrounds depend more upon the room size, room acoustics, and seating arrangements than "timbre matching" to the fronts (almost.) If you want exact timbre matching, use two InRoom Silver MiniMonitors, which use the same drivers as the Monitors. If you don't feel like spending $1,250 each for surrounds, look at the Gold Omni SE ($850 each) or the Gold Omni ($450 each.) We have a Pedestal for every InRoom speaker, and we can even make them in a custom height, at an additional charge. If you have a large seating area, the room is smallish, and the acoustics are controlled, you may want to do Silver Surrounds ($750 each.)

Silver Monitors with a Silver PowerSub is tight, my man.

BTW, patriotism aside, we build almost everything here so orders can be customized and still ship within a week. (Veneer and custom finishes take longer.) But if every *manufacturer* in America thought like we do, we wouldn't be straped with this awful trade deficit. We feel like we're doing our part.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

post #95 of 6310 Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 AM

When will Triad design and build an outdoor speaker. Last year when we were installing our in house Triads, we asked our dealer and I know he inquired. Any news?
post #96 of 6310 Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmw View Post

When will Triad design and build an outdoor speaker. Last year when we were installing our in house Triads, we asked our dealer and I know he inquired. Any news?

We've been working on them for months now, and we should have two or three models by the Fall. I'm not sure of pricing yet, but they will be competitive. I'll post more when I know more.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #97 of 6310 Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the news. Now, if you are looking for a beta location, be sure to let me know. mjbmw
post #98 of 6310 Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike View Post

I mistyped. Dealer wont be here tomorrow, it's Friday.

Mike, how did it go?
post #99 of 6310 Old 01-27-2008, 06:45 PM

Yea Mike, let us know how it goes!

another Triad owner chiming in

A/D/S M9's & CM 7's to
M&K S100's and S-85's to
Traid Bronze LCR, Silver Surround and Bronze Omni (plus I still have my Pioneer TZ-700's)

Question for you Traid pro's,

I still have the Bronze LCR's and Omni (1) but left the Silver's in the previous house (didn't have suitable replacements to drop in with a 8 day close.) So I'm about to embark on a new HT and know the side surrounds will have to be ceiling mounted, no way around that with a load bearing header and pocket doors occupying the most logical wall space.

So my question is two fold; Silver or Bronze surrounds going to be fine in ceiling? (I think they will, just looking for confirmation) & then Bronze or silver surrounds?

TIA,
Killer
post #100 of 6310 Old 01-29-2008, 02:41 PM

I am a new Triad owner, and would just like to post my two cents on my initial impressions. I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated 2 channel setup so my Triads are strictly for HT. I didn't go crazy either, in fact I have the in room bronze LCRs. They are awesome. Extremely neutral, no doubt in large part because of the care they put into making the cabinets. Plenty of slam and texture detail, which goes a long ways into making you feel the sound rather than hear it. Bottom line is they immerse you in sound that is perfectly neutral, and big. I can only imagine what the big platinums sound like.
post #101 of 6310 Old 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

Yea Mike, let us know how it goes!

another Triad owner chiming in

A/D/S M9's & CM 7's to
M&K S100's and S-85's to
Traid Bronze LCR, Silver Surround and Bronze Omni (plus I still have my Pioneer TZ-700's)

Question for you Traid pro's,

I still have the Bronze LCR's and Omni (1) but left the Silver's in the previous house (didn't have suitable replacements to drop in with a 8 day close.) So I'm about to embark on a new HT and know the side surrounds will have to be ceiling mounted, no way around that with a load bearing header and pocket doors occupying the most logical wall space.

So my question is two fold; Silver or Bronze surrounds going to be fine in ceiling? (I think they will, just looking for confirmation) & then Bronze or silver surrounds?

TIA,
Killer

You've had some great speakers. I really liked the a/d/s/ CM7 for small venues.

Two of my systems in my house use InWall Silver/4 Surrounds mounted in the ceiling, out of necessity.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #102 of 6310 Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengm View Post

I am a new Triad owner, and would just like to post my two cents on my initial impressions. I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated 2 channel setup so my Triads are strictly for HT. I didn't go crazy either, in fact I have the in room bronze LCRs. They are awesome. Extremely neutral, no doubt in large part because of the care they put into making the cabinets. Plenty of slam and texture detail, which goes a long ways into making you feel the sound rather than hear it. Bottom line is they immerse you in sound that is perfectly neutral, and big. I can only imagine what the big platinums sound like.

Ahhhhhh, I don't think so...

Thanks for the kind words.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #103 of 6310 Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

Ahhhhhh, I don't think so...

Thanks for the kind words.

You're probably right
post #104 of 6310 Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 AM
CJO
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Mike, how did it go?

Maybe he hasn't torn himself away long enough to post

CJ

coneilliv at aol dot com

The Dark Knight Theater
(a bunch of good reference links and material in first 15 posts)
post #105 of 6310 Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJO View Post

Maybe he hasn't torn himself away long enough to post

CJ

I'm getting kinda nervous here...

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #106 of 6310 Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Okay, I can verify that Mike has his speakers, and they've been installed. That is all I will disclose. The rest is up to him, and he's been very busy lately. I don't know details but I am eager to hear...

Daryll B. Morticome

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #107 of 6310 Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM

Busy!!!!! College Football Season is over,,,,He can put Tiger Beat away til next fall!

Killer
post #108 of 6310 Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Guys, I'm through the woods with all of the stuff going on around here.

Tonight I'm going to post some pics of the new speakers along with the pedestals. I ordered some new speaker cables that came in, so I will detach the speakers from the pedestals so I can route the speaker wire. When I do that I will shoot photos of everything as to how they look apart and then put together.

To say that I am happy with these speakers is an understatement. So far with some of the music I have listened too as well as watching the Bourne Ultimatum at near reference levels, I am grinning ear to ear. My third hometheater speaker system and I think I have reach the pinnacle.

p.s. Triad shipped my dealer the order twice on accident. I know it's tricky as far as dealers dealing mail order but this is a different situation. He is able to make a pretty significant discount on the speakers (if he hasnt sent them back to Triad yet). They are in red rosewood. InRoom LCR Gold with matching pedestals.
post #109 of 6310 Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 PM

Here's the first batch of photos. My flash was having issues, but I think they came out okay.

Triad InRoom LCR Gold with optional bases, in upgraded Red Rosewood veneer.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #110 of 6310 Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 PM

here's some more.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #111 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 05:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

The red rosewood is stunning, Mike. I hope you matched the speakers to the correct pedestals, so the grain carries through. They're veneered as a unit, so the grain matches. Also notice the book-matching of the veneer on the fronts and backs; mirror imaged. It takes the veneer guys many days to finish three speakers and three pedestals. I hope you think it was worth the (considerable) upcharge. We actually break even on veneering and veneer matching.

The Gold Center will sound better if you can pack the back of that cavity with open-celled upholstery foam. Maybe find some black or gray remnants and fill the back of the opening up to the back of the speaker, at least. You may have a little chestiness due to the undamped space.

Let us know what these puppies sound like. I think we're all pretty happy for you!

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #112 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Great pics Mike! I look forward to reading your impressions of them. What speakers are you coming from? And if I remember correctly you moved from a Butler to a Parasound amp?
post #113 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 07:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Great pics Mike! I look forward to reading your impressions of them. What speakers are you coming from? And if I remember correctly you moved from a Butler to a Parasound amp?

From the money Mike saved by firing his butler, he bought a Parasound amp??

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #114 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 07:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

This photo probably shows the book-matching of the veneer the best. Did we custom match the finish to your cabinetry, or did you just luck out? You could have done black speakers in that room, gotten them sooner, and spent a lot less, but from my biased perspective, I think the whole look of the room with the wood floors, cabinetry, oriental rug, and speakers is gorgeous.

Ferchrissakes, Mike, how do they sound??

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #115 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli View Post

The red rosewood is stunning, Mike. I hope you matched the speakers to the correct pedestals, so the grain carries through. They're veneered as a unit, so the grain matches. Also notice the book-matching of the veneer on the fronts and backs; mirror imaged. It takes the veneer guys many days to finish three speakers and three pedestals. I hope you think it was worth the (considerable) upcharge. We actually break even on veneering and veneer matching.

The Gold Center will sound better if you can pack the back of that cavity with open-celled upholstery foam. Maybe find some black or gray remnants and fill the back of the opening up to the back of the speaker, at least. You may have a little chestiness due to the undamped space.

Let us know what these puppies sound like. I think we're all pretty happy for you!

I will look into that foam thing. Is there a way to do that without it being an eyesore? As you can see, the living room is traditional in decor. Maybe some closed cell foam enveloped in some speaker cloth?

I had to raise the upper shelf up as the InRoom Gold Center was much taller than my previous Linbrook center from Tyler Acoustics.

As far as the matching of the veneers, I had seen a photo from a trade show of some speakers in red rosewood but I didnt know what color that was. I emailed Triad (Misty I believe) and asked her what color that was and she said red rosewood. She fedex'd me that veneer sample along with three others. I matched it up against my wood floor which is something called gun-stock from Bruce wood floors and my hometheater cabinet which is like a cordovan color you would see in a penny loafer. Blended perfectly.

By the way, not to sound fruity, but interior decorators will tell you that you do not match furniture anymore. You want everything to be different but still be in the same realm.

When I get down to designing my new home with my dream dedicated media room, I will want wood on the walls, whether it's columns or trim that will be in the same realm as the red rosewood.... stuff like you see in Electronic House magazine.

Yes, I'm using the Parasound Halo A51 amp, which mates well with these speakers. I have not spent tons of time with the speakers so far as I have been so busy but what I have listened too, (Roy Orbison black and white nights, Bourne Ultimatum, The Mavericks live in Austin) has been fantastic.

Last night watched "The King of Kong, a fistful of quarters" and obviously that is nothing to show off a speaker system with, but the dialogue from the center channel is the big key for me. My big reason for choosing the Triad Gold was because I have had serious lobing problems with my previous center channel speakers. This one with the tweeter stacked on top of a mid rather than the others the the traditional MTM designs makes all the difference in the world.

My dealer said that he wanted to come back to calibrate my room because he is going back to Sencore for more advanced training and supposedly some new equipment. We simply used the Audyssey from the Integra 9.8 for now. It all sounds great, the speakers are set to small and crossed over at 80hz as the Integra is THX ultra 2 and the SVS PC-ultra has come to life in this system.

The dynamics of what I'm hearing is amazing. I'm now a big believer in sealed enclosures as there are too many variables when it comes to speakers with ports, particularly in my current room where I do not have the luxury of pulling the mains way out into the room. That is why the Dali Helicon's were axed from my list. They require a minimum of two feet for their rear port to breathe.

As far as the power it takes to drive these speakers, I believe I did the right thing in going from the Butler to the Parasound. The sealed enclosures need all that power, particularly in my room, which is an open floor plan.

The speaker wire I'm using is the Belden 10 gauge terminated with banana plugs from bluejeanscable.

I will post more on the sound as soon as I watch a few more movies that have the right soundtracks. In fact, I have a Netflix envelope in there now with "Family Guy, Blue Harvest", that should do the trick. haha.
post #116 of 6310 Old 02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Great news, Mike, and I'm relieved.

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

post #117 of 6310 Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mike,

You've made an excellent choice! Best of luck and enjoyment.

Since you had no local dealer in your area, you and I had discussed the Dali's on several occasions. I gave you the straight scoop regarding speaker placement, which helped you in your ultimate decision. Not every speaker is best for every room or situation. As I recommended, it's always better to go listen for yourself and then decide, rather than take blind advice. I'm glad you did that! Now the hard part is over and you can have some fun.
post #118 of 6310 Old 02-04-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiodynamics View Post

Mike,

You've made an excellent choice! Best of luck and enjoyment.

Since you had no local dealer in your area, you and I had discussed the Dali's on several occasions. I gave you the straight scoop regarding speaker placement, which helped you in your ultimate decision. Not every speaker is best for every room or situation. As I recommended, it's always better to go listen for yourself and then decide, rather than take blind advice. I'm glad you did that! Now the hard part is over and you can have some fun.

Yes, thanks for the help. In the end it was Triad, Dali and had some curiosity about the PSB Synchrony that just came out but there were no stocking dealers within three states.

The Triad's flexibility down the road is a huge selling point. The fact that I have no idea what my next home is going to look like. Whether I will need inceiling, inwall or onwall for my rear surrounds. Either way, I'm covered with Triad.
post #119 of 6310 Old 02-04-2008, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, thanks for the help. In the end it was Triad, Dali and had some curiosity about the PSB Synchrony that just came out but there were no stocking dealers within three states.

Not entirely true, we are and have.

As good as the PSB's are and I've always been a PSB fan, they simply cannot do what the Triad Golds can with their dynamics. A similar speaker to the Triad Golds would be the Aerial Acoustics LR3/5. The Golds are very close to the AA LR3's, but the AA LR5? Well, nothing I've seen or heard of similar design can compete.

Glad you are happy with the Triads, I knew you would like them better than you previous speakers....Ha!

Tony G. Cordova, President
Showplace Oklahoma - Showplace Theater & Sound
"We put the SHOW in your PLACE."
post #120 of 6310 Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 AM

I'll just put my name back on this thread (after the data loss), so that if anyone wants to hear a Triad InCeiling setup in the DC area, I'd be happy to give a demo....
Reply Speakers

Tags
Triad

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page