Rocket RS850 Signature and New Onkyo reciever - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-16-2007, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will the Rocket RS850 Signature speakers go good with the Onkyo 805? Are they a good match?..Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have run a pair with a 674, with very good results. I would think the 805 should also be fine.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2008, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know this is an older thread, but I am bumping it, as I am considering the same system.

It is finally time to replace my Pio 1014 and my JBL E-80 fronts. I have loved the Pio since day 1, but I want to get a PS3 for Blu-Ray and I need the ability to accept HDMI audio. My JBL's have been decent, but are in no way a great speaker, and I feel it is time to move up in the world.

I plan on getting a pair of RS850's for my front speakers. I am not currently running a center as my setup doesn't allow it, and in all honesty, I am not really missing it that much. My surrounds are 2 pairs of Dayton in-ceilings, which work perfectly fine for surrounds, of which I am much more forgiving than Fronts. I also have an SVS 20-39PCi sub. The room is roughly 24x16.

I am looking for a receiver to power all this, and I believe the 805 should fit, but I was wondering how well they would power the Rockets. One of the reasons I am planning on the 850's over the 750's is they are more efficient so should run better off of a receiver. I also have a crown xls 402 amp that I could add in, but I would actually prefer to run everything off of the receiver if possible.

So if anyone could comment on their experience with the 805 and Rockets, I would be very appreciative.

Also, my budget at this point is very tight, so while I am very open to other suggestions, I really can't see myself going from the $600-$700 or so 805 to a $1300 Elite or Denon. So please try to keep recomendations in the same price range.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page