post #271 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post

I would get the 6T6 Tower Pair, 6T6 MTM for the center, and 5TCs for the surrounds for $718.25.

I can say, thats a damn nice setup.

I'll be adding another set of 5TC's once they are in stock for 7.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah that's the setup I was thinking would be best too, but didn't suggest it since it did go (slightly) above the 700 dollar limit.
post #273 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdee View Post

Yeah that's the setup I was thinking would be best too, but didn't suggest it since it did go (slightly) above the 700 dollar limit.

Well, let me put my opinion in perspective - my budget was about $700 too and I ended up spending $1680! I may not be the best person offering advice while sticking to a budget! However, I figured "what's an extra $20 here or there?".

Those .0 setups are much easier to keep under a budget. Once you start adding in the .1 sub costs...whew! Not much wiggle room.
post #274 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

It looks like eD speakers are REALLY starting to take off. I keep seeing posts that such and such model aren't in stock.
Back when I ordered mine, I had it all, except for the sub, in 3 days. And I have at least one of each model speaker in my setup.

Speaking of setup, I recently bought a Yamaha RX-Z11 flagship receiver. This thing is a beast. And wow, do the eDs sounds great paired with it. I watched some action scenes at -10db without the family around, and they sounds amazing. Not that loud is a sign of quality by itself, but boy, can they get loud!
post #275 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 PM

That sounds like a great addition to a great set of speaks CrashX! I'll be going with the Yamaha RX-V461 5.1 receiver to begin with and will hopefully be able to upgrade to a 7.1 receiver once we buy a bigger house. From what I've read the Yamaha receivers seem to play very well with the EDs.

One of the forum members PM'ed me last night regarding my mention of a magazine article which had compared the EDs to the legendary Focals. I thought the info. might be of interest to everyone else as well, who hasn't seen it yet.

It was a review of the 13Ov.2, which is an upgrade for the A3-300 HT Sub.

" In fact, the balance of the 13Ov.2 is reminiscent of the Focal K2 Power 33KX subwoofer we reviewed last year. That puts this sub in seriously good company. "

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/13ov2_review.php
post #276 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashX View Post

It looks like eD speakers are REALLY starting to take off. I keep seeing posts that such and such model aren't in stock.
Back when I ordered mine, I had it all, except for the sub, in 3 days. And I have at least one of each model speaker in my setup.

Speaking of setup, I recently bought a Yamaha RX-Z11 flagship receiver. This thing is a beast. And wow, do the eDs sounds great paired with it. I watched some action scenes at -10db without the family around, and they sounds amazing. Not that loud is a sign of quality by itself, but boy, can they get loud!

Same here i only waited for my sub, and the 6T6 MTM of course as it wasn't out yet, i even had to send back 2 sets of damaged towers that were damaged in shipping. Such a great company i cant wait to see what new HT stuff they come out with next.
post #277 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layd Dly View Post

Same here i only waited for my sub, and the 6T6 MTM of course as it wasn't out yet, i even had to send back 2 sets of damaged towers that were damaged in shipping. Such a great company i cant wait to see what new HT stuff they come out with next.

Did you have to pay for shipping either way on the 2 sets of towers you had to return?
post #278 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-AVS View Post

Did you have to pay for shipping either way on the 2 sets of towers you had to return?

Nope. Was all covered since it was damaged in shipping. I just boxed them up and left them at the door and fed-ex would pick them up and then when eD would get them they would immediately ship the new ones to me.
post #279 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Glad to hear this. It makes me feel even better about making a purchase from them.
post #280 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layd Dly View Post

Such a great company i cant wait to see what new HT stuff they come out with next.

So true. But I CAN wait to see what they come out with next, because more likely than not I will end up buying it, and my wife will kill me if I buy any more HT gear!

This past 3 months, I bought all new speakers, new receiver, new TV, and a new HD-DVD and BR player. I think I am covered for a while, but man, this is one addicting and expensive hobby.
post #281 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM

good news guys, I just sold my bose 321 and now have extra cash to use. so my budget bumped to around $900

so far this setup is always coming in my mind

6T6 towers or 6T6
6T6 center
A3 300 sub

i will call then the next office hour and put my order
post #282 of 2113 Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:

Well, let me put my opinion in perspective - my budget was about $700 too and I ended up spending $1680! I may not be the best person offering advice while sticking to a budget! However, I figured "what's an extra $20 here or there?".

Those .0 setups are much easier to keep under a budget. Once you start adding in the .1 sub costs...whew! Not much wiggle room.

hehe, thats how i am too.. "whats an extra 20" ends up becoming "how the hell did i spend a grand" haha. i agree on the .0 and the .1 statement. luckily my friend basically gave me his klipsch 10" right after he bought the A5-350.

i definetly have that set up in the back of my mind.. but the deterrent is the fact that i just bought a house, my first house mind you, and that mortgage payment posted on my fridge door is whats keeping that budget on track, heh

i'll definetly keep you guys updated as to what i do with the HT setup
post #283 of 2113 Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Is anyone using 3 6T6 Towers across the front (tower for center instead of MTM)? I am considering this setup for a dedicated theater and, as I've always used 3 identical speakers for LCR, I wanted to hear any comments from somebody who has already done this with the 6T6 towers.

PSN = ChitownJackalope

Blackhawk Down(stairs) Theater
post #284 of 2113 Old 01-19-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

Is anyone using 3 6T6 Towers across the front (tower for center instead of MTM)? I am considering this setup for a dedicated theater and, as I've always used 3 identical speakers for LCR, I wanted to hear any comments from somebody who has already done this with the 6T6 towers.

That would be insane. I just got my 6T6 center this week. It is freaking huge, I could not even imagine what a tower would look like for a center....
post #285 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was thinking about 3 of the 6T6 towers, but decided it would look very strange the way my setup is. Chris is eD told me that they have done setups like that for a couple of people, just ask him maybe. I got my Center yesterday and cannot wait for the rest.
post #286 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

I got my center channel yesterday as well. First impressions from the wife were "wow that is a big speaker!" I have an Athena AS-C1 and a BIC and neither come close to the 6T6 in size. Output from the speaker seems a lot less then either of the other two, but it has not been fully broken in yet. I have been playing music and movies through it all day to break it in and I can already tell an improvement after 6 hrs of constant use. So far I am happy with my purchase and can't wait to match it up with a set of towers.
post #287 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Interesting, because I always thought the notion of "breaking in a speaker" was hooey - until I got the 6T6 MTMs. I was at first a little let down by the quality, but after two weeks I can tell a vast improvement. Initially they were very hollow sounding; now they sound much fuller. The 6T6 MTM is a large center in my opinion, but worth it. I couldn't imagine a 6T6 tower for a center. I am happy I'm getting the 6T6 towers for L/R though. I think they will fill out the room a little better than the 6T6 MTMs which I ordered for surrounds. As surrounds, I think the 6T6 MTMs are too big for my setup (I should have just ordered a second set of 5TCs, which I have on order for rears), but I am more than happy with them.
post #288 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Interesting, because I always thought the notion of "breaking in a speaker" was hooey - until I got the 6T6 MTMs. I was at first a little let down by the quality, but after two weeks I can tell a vast improvement. Initially they were very hollow sounding; not they sound much fuller.

I've noticed this as well. The center seemed a bit boxy in sound. It is breaking in a bit now after a week. I have three 6T6. They are very nice for HT considering their price. I'm going to compare them with M&K S150's this week.
post #289 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Can anyone post more pictures? Maybe of the 6T6 towers? Or a compairison of the 5T5's with the 5TC's? Getting Excited.
post #290 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randybw1 View Post

Can anyone post more pictures? Maybe of the 6T6 towers? Or a compairison of the 5T5's with the 5TC's? Getting Excited.

Heres a few of my towers, I dont have 5TC's so i cant take any pics with the 5T5's

post #291 of 2113 Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM

Very nice! Thanks for those. Always neat to see other's setups.
post #292 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Nice setup and great pics of the eD towers!
post #293 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Wow I thought I was the only one who didn't think the 6t6 mtm sounded that great when I first set it up. To me it has gotten a lot clearer in the past week or two I've been playing with it. I can't wait for the towers and A3-300 with the upgraded speaker to come in next month.
post #294 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow I thought I was the only one who didn't think the 6t6 mtm sounded that great when I first set it up. To me it has gotten a lot clearer in the past week or two I've been playing with it. I can't wait for the towers and A3-300 with the upgraded speaker to come in next month.

I guess it's all relative, but compared to the Infinity CC-3 Center I had, the A6-6T6 MTM center sounds GREAT to me. How many hours a day or week did you play yours before you heard an improvement? If they get better, that's the icing on the cake for me as I thought it sounded wonderful out of the box.

Tony
post #295 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

My guess is I've put less time on mine than you have since you got yours first. I got mine about a week and a half ago and the first few times I powered it up it sounded a little muddy to me (I was only running stereo before). After maybe a week or so probably running it about 3 hours a day (I don't know how much time my roommate put on it but that's a rough estimate) it started to sound a little clearer. Maybe it's all in my mind though and I'm just getting used to it.

Also, am I the only one reading negative hype about eD and getting worried that I'm going to have a speaker blow and be left hanging. I really hope that all the negative hype is really just hype.
post #296 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Maybe it's all in my mind though and I'm just getting used to it.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking...could just be my mind and ears adjusting to them.

Quote:

Also, am I the only one reading negative hype about eD and getting worried that I'm going to have a speaker blow and be left hanging. I really hope that all the negative hype is really just hype.

I'm not. Usually these forums are 90% negative because pissed-off people seek out information on their bad product and find AVS. Most of what I read is positive, so that tells me factored out to the masses it's probably a good product with the typical amount of bad experiences.
post #297 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My guess is I've put less time on mine than you have since you got yours first. I got mine about a week and a half ago and the first few times I powered it up it sounded a little muddy to me (I was only running stereo before). After maybe a week or so probably running it about 3 hours a day (I don't know how much time my roommate put on it but that's a rough estimate) it started to sound a little clearer. Maybe it's all in my mind though and I'm just getting used to it.

I've read some negatives about eD's subs in regards to customer service etc., but have heard no negatives regarding their speakers. I think I've read about every post of every thread (or so I thought) regarding eD and haven't heard any negatives. Where did you read the negatives? I'd be interested in what they have to say.

Tony
post #298 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking...could just be my mind and ears adjusting to them.

I'm glad you're aware of this. It's for this very reason that I view the initial response from a listener to be the most accurate and indicative to how they actually sound.
post #299 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

I was reading a link to a car audio forum in the thread where the OP wanted opinions on eD vs SVS. I'm happy with my speaker so far, and just hope I can count on being satisfied with the rest.
post #300 of 2113 Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not even sure what negatives are floating around about their subs. So far, the CS has been top notch, and their products too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page