eD Owner's Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Robz: Did you ever receive your refund? I returned my center channel over a week ago and have not received my refund either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalto View Post

Robz: Did you ever receive your refund? I returned my center channel over a week ago and have not received my refund either.

Got Rob taken care of.

Please e-mail rma@edesignaudio.com with any concerns about a refund. The last week was filled with getting the speakers out to people, having our e-mail and live support system go down, and ship 13Av.2's as well. We've got a bit of an RMA backlog to go through and it's created a bit of stress around here.

If you've e-mailed, give us a call. Right now we need to manually pull all e-mails off the server and apparently they aren't all coming through properly.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #453 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My speakers arrived today. I can't wait to set them up!

I have a question about the 6T6-MTM as a center. Does it matter whether the tweeter is on top or bottom? I was going to set it up with the tweeter on top since it will be under the screen, putting the tweeter closer to the screen that way. Or does it matter?
post #454 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Well first impressions.

First off they are very nice. They have a great sound. N ot to harsh on the highs but just right. Crystal clear and I do hear more than I ever did in movies and even TV than I ever have with the Polk R-50.

i do have to run these at a higher level than i did with my polk. But thats no matter.

As far as bass. The polk as of this quick setup hit low's where i could feel it. These seem a bit more tame in that aspect but they do have good punch.

They dwarf the r50's in every way size wise.

Will post some more after I get them set up with audessy.

P.S. Chris these would be perfect with a SUB
post #455 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Gah I just unboxed my towers. One of them had a crack in the wood and the other one has a dent in the back. How quick are they with taking care of this stuff? I can't drive right now because I just had foot surgery so I don't know how I can get these big towers out of my apartment to send them back. I've been waiting over 6 weeks to set these up...
post #456 of 2102 Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Wow, after setting up the 5tc as surrounds in my current 5.0 with 6t6 center and towers (waiting on sub) I'm continuely impressed. Just ordered a refurb'd onkyo 705 and can't wait to get them set up on that bad boy. It may be one of the happiest days when I finally get the order status update that my a3-300 ships
post #457 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Well it sounds like eD is going to have fedex pick up my damaged towers and it should be fairly worry free from my end (which is good), but it's a bummer to have to wait another week or so for these towers.
post #458 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl View Post

My speakers arrived today. I can't wait to set them up!

I have a question about the 6T6-MTM as a center. Does it matter whether the tweeter is on top or bottom? I was going to set it up with the tweeter on top since it will be under the screen, putting the tweeter closer to the screen that way. Or does it matter?

I can't imagine why setting the tweeter on top would hurt, and closer to the screen would help make the image closer to the screen. Try it and see... mine is mounted on top of the TV so it works out for me as is.

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #459 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 08:33 AM

Received my 6T6 MTM yesterday and the towers should arrive today. That is one big center, can't wait to rattle the house. How's the weather in Iowa? Maybe the plant will get snowed in and everyone has to work in the woodshop (a3-300 needs to find his new home).

On another note, I am thinking about adding 4 SVS SBS-01 for my surrounds since I was afraid the 5TC would be too small and I didn't really have the wall space for a pari of 5T5 MTM mounted horizontal because of some french doors. Any other suggestions for surrounds?
post #460 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 03:40 PM

hi,
pretty much set on ordering a eD 7.1 system, but i have some ?s. first, has anyone tried using the a6 6T6 towers as their fronts AND all 4 surrounds while using the 6t6 mtm as the center? my room is in the planning stage. (addition to the house with a dedicated theater room for the basement in the addition) the room is going to be 12x16x7.5. i like gut wrenching bass, but not at the expense of the mids/highs/dialog. i play a lot of first person shooters on a 360 and love action films. for the sub, the a5-350 with the 550w upgrade, maybe even the a7s-450 with the 1300W upgrade. i will hopefully have the cash soon and be able to put my order in asap. oh, btw, the will be running off a pioneer elite VSX-92TXH. i know that this setup may be overkill, but i'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around. any questions will be answered asap.

Overkill should be the rule, not the exception.
post #461 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 03:41 PM

i have about $2k to play with

post #462 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscphillips11 View Post

hi,
pretty much set on ordering a eD 7.1 system, but i have some ?s. first, has anyone tried using the a6 6T6 towers as their fronts AND all 4 surrounds while using the 6t6 mtm as the center? my room is in the planning stage. (addition to the house with a dedicated theater room for the basement in the addition) the room is going to be 12x16x7.5. i like gut wrenching bass, but not at the expense of the mids/highs/dialog. i play a lot of first person shooters on a 360 and love action films. for the sub, the a5-350 with the 550w upgrade, maybe even the a7s-450 with the 1300W upgrade. i will hopefully have the cash soon and be able to put my order in asap. oh, btw, the will be running off a pioneer elite VSX-92TXH. i know that this setup may be overkill, but i'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around. any questions will be answered asap.

I would use 6T6 MTMs as the surrounds in that case. I'm not an authority on this or anything, but I would think that aside from just being overkill, some of the effect of the extra drivers on the towers (especially the lower ones) would be blocked by the chair or couch. The towers use the same tweeter and woofers as the 6T6 MTMs, so they should match very well, if that's what you're concerned about. I almost considered getting 6T6s as surrounds but opted for the 5T5s instead, which is more than what many people get (the 5TCs).
post #463 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Well I been using them and wtahced 3 movies and some music. They are a beatiful speaker to listen to. They sound fantastic and of course blow my old polks away. I am so happy with my purchase. I really do love the sound.

They improved my enjoyment of music and TV 10 fold.
post #464 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscphillips11 View Post

hi,

I'm sure the 6T6 MTM's will be fine for your surrounds. I am running them as my surrounds and my center channel, and the towers as my front channels and it's amazing.

Tom
post #465 of 2102 Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 PM

I received my towers on tuesday afternoon but got home today and opened it.
I didnt get a chance to test the speakers but one of the tower had a crack on top rear side.

I have to call ed tomorrow to see whats going to happen. i have uploaded a pic below
LL
post #466 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

That looks a lot like the damage to my speaker. I had a crack running that way (but a little larger) with an accompanying vertical crack down the edge. I was pretty disappointed, but I have to say eD handled the situation pretty well.

I talked to Alex, and he said just to rebox the speakers and they would send FedEx to come and pick them up. I'll see if FedEx got them when I get home from work today (I have a desk in my apartment building I can leave them with).

My other speaker had a small dent that looked like it was caused by the spikes coming loose in transit. They had punched a hole in the plastic bag and were rattling around the box when I opened it up.

All things considered though I am happy with the way eD covered the return process. I didn't even have to drive anywhere. I just hope my replacements come sooner rather than later.
post #467 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Glad to see this thread still chugging along. I've had my eD Towers and Center for about three months now and still enjoying every minute of them.

Tony
post #468 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 08:04 AM

thanks guys. i'll let you know when i put my order in and wait in eager anticipation for them to arrive

post #469 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have my 5t5 l/c/r set as well at the 5t3 surrounds. I put an omnimount center speaker shelf on top of my Sony KDS60A3000 and the center sits safely and securely on it. My Denon avr-1908 should arrive Monday and I'll then have an functional 5.0 system. I've never owned a subwoofer before so the wait for the a3-300 may just kill me. The atmosphere in my small living room/game/theater is thick with anticipation. The 31" stands are being waited on as well.

The shipping on the speakers was amazingly prompt and all arrived blemish free.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #470 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Just wanted to chime in with a positive experience, as sometimes lurkers like me can tend to only complain when things go wrong.

Like many, I have set up all except sub so far. I am going 6.1:

6T6 Towers
6T6 center
6T6 surrounds
5T5 back
A350, 550 sub

I wish I could compare these speakers to other brands in the same class for SQ, but I don't have enough experience and all I can compare them to is my old Bose HTIB.

But for what it's worth, my new EDs sound so much better that it's no comparison. I'm running them on an Onkyo 805, btw.

Yeah I went a little out of my initial budgetary "constraints", but oh well it's worth it. Awesome bang for the buck. Can't wait for the sub.

Thanks to the forum, especially those on this thread.
post #471 of 2102 Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 PM

Been a lurker for a long time, so I thought it was time to come out of hiding. Recently puchased:

Mains: 6t6 Towers
Center: 6t6 MTM
Surround: 6t6 Towers, rear surrounds are Klipsch F-3s
Sub: Currently a Klipsch sub-10, but will be an ED a5-350 w/550 amp.
Receiver: Onkyo 805.

The towers are definitely clearer than the F-3s, but lack the kick from bass. The F-3s have dual 8"s in them so that was to be expected. They are definitely more laid back and not as aggresive sounding. I started out with an Audiosource HTIB so this has been a pleasant upgrade. So far I have been very happy with them and can not wait to get the ED sub.
post #472 of 2102 Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbajaws View Post

On another note, I am thinking about adding 4 SVS SBS-01 for my surrounds since I was afraid the 5TC would be too small and I didn't really have the wall space for a pari of 5T5 MTM mounted horizontal because of some french doors. Any other suggestions for surrounds?

Wait, you were going to mount them horizontally, like a center speaker? It's been said on here that it's not a good idea due to lobing issues. Could they go up vertically?

BTW, about that picture of the crack on the speaker. One of mine has that too, and I don't think it's shipping damage. It looks like something with how the top of the speaker is fused or glued to the sides, as if it wasn't finished just right in that spot. I don't see it as a big deal, so I'm keeping them. I may carefully sand it down a little and paint to cover it, but it's barely noticeable as is.
post #473 of 2102 Old 02-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl View Post

Wait, you were going to mount them horizontally, like a center speaker? It's been said on here that it's not a good idea due to lobing issues. Could they go up vertically?

BTW, about that picture of the crack on the speaker. One of mine has that too, and I don't think it's shipping damage. It looks like something with how the top of the speaker is fused or glued to the sides, as if it wasn't finished just right in that spot. I don't see it as a big deal, so I'm keeping them. I may carefully sand it down a little and paint to cover it, but it's barely noticeable as is.

yess sir...

i examined very carefully and it seems to be just scratches and the paint just peeled off. i didn't see any damage...so i didn't called eD and im keeping them. I don want to go through the shipping hassle again...
btw do u see lines of the joints vertically and horizontally....is it suppose to be noticeable or not

i will use a black marker and cover it....lol

as for surrounds yest i went to fry's and bought 2 R300 for now...I am going to oder the 6T6 center also...

post #474 of 2102 Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castilanosu View Post

Been a lurker for a long time, so I thought it was time to come out of hiding. Recently puchased:

Mains: 6t6 Towers
Center: 6t6 MTM
Surround: 6t6 Towers, rear surrounds are Klipsch F-3s
Sub: Currently a Klipsch sub-10, but will be an ED a5-350 w/550 amp.
Receiver: Onkyo 805.

The towers are definitely clearer than the F-3s, but lack the kick from bass. The F-3s have dual 8"s in them so that was to be expected. They are definitely more laid back and not as aggresive sounding. I started out with an Audiosource HTIB so this has been a pleasant upgrade. So far I have been very happy with them and can not wait to get the ED sub.

If you happen to make it up towards Corvallis, and I happen to be home, I'll let you sample my system. Same thing, but I did the 6T6 MTM's for the surrounds, and have no rear surrounds. My A5-350 (w/550 amp) arrived a few weeks ago.

Tom
post #475 of 2102 Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 AM

I still have buddies on that side of the mountains that I still continue to see at OSU. I try and make it a monthly trip to go barhopping and check out the girls. I may take you up on your offer though. Assuming my sub doesn't arrive before my next trip.

I have been re-watching all the movies I own and enjoying them even more with these new speakers. I must say listening to SACDs is a much different experience now.

I put in my order for everything February 4th, so I will be without an ED sub for a few more weeks.
post #476 of 2102 Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 AM

Hello all,
I am in the market for a new audio system when I get home to the states from this Hell Hole they call Iraq. My room is apx 10x15 maybe a little bit bigger but not much. And yes I call that closet home. Maybe if i get lucky I wont have to live at the barracks. But I was wondering what kind of system you would recommend. I am thinking all that I really need is a 3.1 system. There is not much room form rear speakers. And to watch my 26" Flat screen Ill be across the room anyways so there just isnt much sense for me to get a full surround system..yet. For this size of room do I really need that center speaker? And a powerful sub is a must. Budget lets say $1000 but that can always change especialy if I end up calling them, from the stories I have heard on here.

Thanks and Semper Fidelis

Chris
post #477 of 2102 Old 02-26-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher219 View Post

Hello all,
I am in the market for a new audio system when I get home to the states from this Hell Hole they call Iraq. My room is apx 10x15 maybe a little bit bigger but not much. And yes I call that closet home. Maybe if i get lucky I wont have to live at the barracks. But I was wondering what kind of system you would recommend. I am thinking all that I really need is a 3.1 system. There is not much room form rear speakers. And to watch my 26" Flat screen Ill be across the room anyways so there just isnt much sense for me to get a full surround system..yet. For this size of room do I really need that center speaker? And a powerful sub is a must. Budget lets say $1000 but that can always change especialy if I end up calling them, from the stories I have heard on here.

Thanks and Semper Fidelis

Chris

you need the 6T6 towers, 6T6 center and A3-300...

i ordered all those with the Ov upgrade and was about 1020.00 dollar.

The low end from the towers is awesome. I have watched saving private Ryan and band of brothers this weekend and i was quite happy the way it sounded with just the tower. Im new to HT so cant give you much advise but my room is 14x24 a little bigger that yours, for that budget thats a great 3.1 set up.

If you wanna go 5.1 you could get all 6T6 LCR but i definitely recommend the towers for front.
post #478 of 2102 Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

^^^^ Agreed - that's the setup to get. Down the road add the 5TCs for surrounds and you're all set. If anything, upgrade the sub but the a3-300 is MORE than enough to power a small room like that - I'm just thinking future-proofing.

I've lived in barracks before and they have been cinder blocks or concrete - if that's the case when you get back, you'll need (or should) invest in some room treatments to help with the sound. Even if that's just throw-rugs and stuff on the walls (if you can even do that). Good luck.
post #479 of 2102 Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Does it matter what surrounds I use? I have a crappy pair of surrounds from an old Onkyo HTiB that I planned on using for my rears and just buying a 3.1 system now.
post #480 of 2102 Old 02-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged68 View Post

Does it matter what surrounds I use? I have a crappy pair of surrounds from an old Onkyo HTiB that I planned on using for my rears and just buying a 3.1 system now.

i have been searching in this forum for a while about that question. I bought 2 R300 just for the heck off it and planing to use as surrounds till i get 5T5 from ED
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page