Bose Model 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-28-2007, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know anything about the Bose Model 21 speakers? They're rated 4 ohms to 8 ohms, and have a recommended wattage of 10-40w. Other than that, I know nothing about them. My pop gave them to me, they were just collecting dust in his garage. They're pretty decently sized bookshelve speakers. I'm wondering if I could use them as the two rear surrounds on my new set up. I'll have the JBL Voice/Arena/Tours with an HK AVR 247.

Thanks, y'alls!

If I wasn't into home theater, I'd have a whole lotta money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use a pair for rear surrounds and they perform adequately. Honestly, they pale in sound quality compared to Polk RT bookshelf speakers. But surrounds don't carry nearly as much of the workload as the front & center speakers, so I can't justify replacing them. A smart receiver can compensate for the Model 21's reduced range by boosting the appropriate frequencies. For example, the Onkyo 606 has an intelligent auto-calibration feature that analyzes the spectral performance of the speakers and adjusts accordingly. Great receiver that doesn't cost alot, and it saves me from having to buy new surrounds.
Reply Speakers