The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread - Page 328 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 199Likes

post #9811 of 9823 Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
That Song3 Encore looks to be an Amazing speaker.

I'd love to hear how it sounds.

The design and component selection seems to be top shelf.

How is the crossover?
The 3-A is right in my wheel house, but I'm intrigued by the Encore as well...anxious to hear the response from the show....I'd have to hold off on the center for a while at this pricepoint, but I'm very much a 2 channel guy and even though my system will have two subs, I would consider the Encore if the performance was another level up from the 3-A.
laserjock II likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9812 of 9823 Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2channellover View Post
The 3-A is right in my wheel house, but I'm intrigued by the Encore as well...anxious to hear the response from the show....I'd have to hold off on the center for a while at this pricepoint, but I'm very much a 2 channel guy and even though my system will have two subs, I would consider the Encore if the performance was another level up from the 3-A.
Here's a link to Stereophile's coverage. Despite the anecdote, it sounds like the initially impression of both the Song3-A and Song3 Encores are overwhelmingly positive. Congrats to Jim and the Salk team.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/j...qVxCDAvRmef.97

Last edited by abd1; 04-24-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added link
post #9813 of 9823 Old 04-24-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post
Here's a link to Stereophile's coverage. Despite the anecdote, it sounds like the initially impression of both the Song3-A and Song3 Encores are overwhelmingly positive. Congrats to Jim and the Salk team.

Thanks for the link...Based on his past works, I expected them both to be well received.

I'll check it out shortly.

post #9814 of 9823 Old 04-24-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd1 View Post

Another solid review on a short sample....3-A.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/features/...17-highlights/

Scroll down to the Schiit room comments.

For right now (next 3 to 4 mos) I can afford to put about $6k into speakers and I was initially thinking LCR, but 2 channel is about 70% is my listening habits. HT use is growing though so I will need a matching center...I don't think there is even a matching center for the 3-A or Encore yet anyway.
post #9815 of 9823 Old 04-24-2017, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 195
I was at Axpona this year and thought Jim (and Dennis) work sounded superb. Piano sounded as realistic in my opinion as any speakers at the show regardless of cost.
Nuance and BacHolz like this.
post #9816 of 9823 Old 05-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Price Adjustments Coming June 1st

We have not adjusted our speaker pricing over the past three years. During that time, parts costs have risen and we covered the difference. But it is time to take a look at pricing and adjust items where necessary.

What models will be affected and what increases are likely? We don't know at this time and probably won't until near the end of the month. But I would say that Song3 models will go up a bit since we now have a history to work with.

We thought it would be appreciated if we announced this in advance so that individuals contemplating a purchase would at least be aware of it.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Jim

SalkSound.com
Custom-crafted Speakers
post #9817 of 9823 Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Hello Salk owners, I'm just kinda looking into Salk speakers. May be ready to move up in a year or two. I'm a big fan of bookshelf speakers and great sub combo. What would going with two sets of Song surround 1 for mains, and surrounds, and then one of Salk centers? What would you suggest? What am I stepping into or up to with Salk speakers? I'm not wealthy so I can go with most expensive Salk but maybe on the less expensive end as I suggested? Thanks for any help or info.
post #9818 of 9823 Old 08-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Hello Salk owners, I'm just kinda looking into Salk speakers. May be ready to move up in a year or two. I'm a big fan of bookshelf speakers and great sub combo. What would going with two sets of Song surround 1 for mains, and surrounds, and then one of Salk centers? What would you suggest? What am I stepping into or up to with Salk speakers? I'm not wealthy so I can go with most expensive Salk but maybe on the less expensive end as I suggested? Thanks for any help or info.
We've built that combination before and if you get the subs properly integrated, the sound is very good.

- Jim

SalkSound.com
Custom-crafted Speakers
post #9819 of 9823 Old 08-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

New Song3 Center

With several models of Song3's under our belt, it was time to design a compatible 3-way center channel.

This center channel features the same RAAL 64-10 used in most Song3 models as well as the 4" titanium midrange. The result is a transparent center channel with a detailed midrange that produces clean, crisp dialogue with a high level of intelligibility. Never bright or harsh, this center channel has great off-axis response regardless of where you are seated in the room. Seas ER15 woofers round out the driver compliment and result in a response with an F3 of 35Hz.

Here is a picture...

Details are available on our web site: http://salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3+Center

Happy listening!

- Jim
Mudslide likes this.

SalkSound.com
Custom-crafted Speakers
post #9820 of 9823 Old 08-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalk View Post
We've built that combination before and if you get the subs properly integrated, the sound is very good.

- Jim
Thanks for the reply Jim, appreciate it. I actually emailed you yesterday, and appreciated the reply. I have a powerful Parasound amp to power the system so I'm good on that end. What center would you suggest? Thanks again for the reply.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #9821 of 9823 Old 08-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

I must admit I have been remiss in posting pictures lately. We have scores of new pictures to post, but we just haven't had time.

Since the Song3-Encores are so new, we are only now starting to ship these speakers and Ben happened to be one of the first to receive a pair. Actually, Ben ordered at a time when the design was just in the idea stage.

Ben wanted natural curly cherry, but wanted a hint of a brown burst edge to go with the walnut in his home. We had never done this before, so I was real interested in how they would turn out.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Happy listening, Ben!

- Jim

SalkSound.com
Custom-crafted Speakers
post #9822 of 9823 Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 843
post #9823 of 9823 Old 08-12-2017, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Hi Jim,

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for the Atmos surround speakers. I was wondering if getting 4 Surround Song's and maybe placing them on my floor standing fronts and sides and upfiring them at an angle would work? If not any other suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page