LL
LL
post #994 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Congrats!! Great looking speakers, enjoy them!!
post #995 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Crunkmonkey
Congrats!!
post #996 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone in NC have the Song Towers and care to let me have a listen?

Just turned on my first projector on 17 Aug 2007 and I think I am hooked :).

Why does everyone that comes over ask how much it cost?
post #997 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPun51 View Post

They will be pushed by the Emotiva XPA-5, Vincent SA-31 Hybrid Pre

That Vincent looks interesting, from what I just read about it... not too much $$$ and good sound. Let us know how it all sounds when you get it hooked up.

Cheers
-Funk

->>>≈<<<-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #998 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Congrats on the new ST's CrunkMonkey!

Maybe I missed something, but do you care to elaborate on the "baby center" title?

->>>≈<<<-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #999 of 9225 Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 PM

Congrats CrunkMonkey! What are you going to use to drive those speakers? From your last two photos, it appears that the base could be on backward. I think that the short end is intended to face the front. I could be wrong. Maybe I got mine on backward.
post #1000 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
CrunkMoney - Congrats man; those are smokin' hot!

Please post your impressions when you've put some time in with them. Enjoy!

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #1001 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 10:06 AM

I like those Dark Cherry! Well I like them all, but those I can see in my own house!
post #1002 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 PM

Lordy, Jim does some great cabinet work.
post #1003 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM

after trolling these forums for many months looking for speakers to replace my infinity overature 3's i came across the salk thread---this forum has been very good to me as i have purchased ascend sierras, an outlaw receiver and sub a svs sub and dual mfw-15 subs all from member recommendations and have been thrilled with these purchases. i went ahead and ordered the song towers and center and after speaking to jim realized his workshop was a mere 3 miles from my house, who would have ever guessed. well as the story goes jim mentioned he had a pair of ht2's and if i would like to have a listen with the towers come on over. after 1 day of reflection the towers are wonderful but the 2's take me to where i want to go, absolutley stunning. the price is significantly more but in my estimation worth every penny, so for those that feel the towers are a great value i have learned that the next level only raises the bar--a 5.1 ht2 system with dual mfw-15's will be my ultimate musical gift to myself----if you have a chance check them out as they receive very little pub here.in my estimation they will not fail to impress you in a major way and in my opinion are the true value in the salk lineup
post #1004 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you get those guitar burst ones on his site?? I really like the finish on those...
post #1005 of 9225 Old 06-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Got my SongTowers day before yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't fully enjoy them. Details posted here. Any advice much appreciated!!!

BTW... (1) As others have said, most photos on the 'net don't do justice to the beaut of these speakers and Jim's craftsmanship. (2) I do hear glimmers of how impressive these speakers can sound!
post #1006 of 9225 Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 AM
PAD
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhouseman View Post

after trolling these forums for many months looking for speakers to replace my infinity overature 3's i came across the salk thread---this forum has been very good to me as i have purchased ascend sierras, an outlaw receiver and sub a svs sub and dual mfw-15 subs all from member recommendations and have been thrilled with these purchases. i went ahead and ordered the song towers and center and after speaking to jim realized his workshop was a mere 3 miles from my house, who would have ever guessed. well as the story goes jim mentioned he had a pair of ht2's and if i would like to have a listen with the towers come on over. after 1 day of reflection the towers are wonderful but the 2's take me to where i want to go, absolutley stunning. the price is significantly more but in my estimation worth every penny, so for those that feel the towers are a great value i have learned that the next level only raises the bar--a 5.1 ht2 system with dual mfw-15's will be my ultimate musical gift to myself----if you have a chance check them out as they receive very little pub here.in my estimation they will not fail to impress you in a major way and in my opinion are the true value in the salk lineup

Cool, another Michigander in on the act!
post #1007 of 9225 Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

congrats greenhouseman! You are going to have one amazing system! Enjoy!

elee - see your thread...

post #1008 of 9225 Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

i went ahead and ordered the song towers and center and after speaking to jim realized his workshop was a mere 3 miles from my house, who would have ever guessed. well as the story goes jim mentioned he had a pair of ht2's and if i would like to have a listen with the towers come on over. after 1 day of reflection the towers are wonderful but the 2's take me to where i want to go, absolutley stunning. the price is significantly more but in my estimation worth every penny, so for those that feel the towers are a great value i have learned that the next level only raises the bar--a 5.1 ht2 system with dual mfw-15's will be my ultimate musical gift to myself----if you have a chance check them out as they receive very little pub here.in my estimation they will not fail to impress you in a major way and in my opinion are the true value in the salk lineup

greenhouseman, way to go on the HT2's! Brilliant speaker.
I have them myself. I love'em.
Sometime in the future I will need a pair for upstairs and the ST will be my first choice

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #1009 of 9225 Old 06-12-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:

OK Now you have got me thinking HT2s or V3s? Can't afford HT3s.
post #1010 of 9225 Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

went back to jims work space today to finalize finish selection and for 1 final listen as this represents a major investment for me----took my favorite cd for comparison (steely dan-aja) and once again did the tower vs ht2 ritual and once again in my humble opinion there was no comparison. the ht2's were incredible in their detail and soundstage and i gave jim my finish preference and now we will wait for completion in a couple of months. strange, as today one order was placed and one long awaited order arrived as my mfw-15's were delivered after 4 months on order. jim is without a doubt one of the most gracious hosts you could ever come across and to believe he has had product this close for the past 3 years makes me very sad as i could have been enjoying his products for that long. oh well better late than never---jim did show me one very special tower finish that happened to belong to Nuance, absolutley one of a kind incredible, jim definitly took great care to find something very special. but once again if you have a chance do give the ht2's some consideration, do so,what a speaker--i will have them to demo in sept for 1 week in michigan before they go to there final resting place in henderson nv.----support this man and his products as they are truely special and i never even heard the ht3's
post #1011 of 9225 Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 145
Hi I didn't quite understand the following: "strange, as today one order was placed and one long awaited order arrived as my mfw-15's were delivered after 4 months on order." Were some words deleted, or is this just one of my Friday disconnects? In any event, do you have any thoughts about the relative bass character and extension of the two speakers?
post #1012 of 9225 Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Dennis - I think all he meant is that it's funny that on the day he made his final choice on speakers the subwoofers arrived. Now he has more waiting, because he waited for the subs for four months.

I too would be interested on what you thought of the ST and HT2 when comparing the bass.

post #1013 of 9225 Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 PM

i am a very poor writer and yes the strange was that fact that the day i finally make a speaker choice is the same day my long awaited subs arrive, just a little bit ironic to experience 2 completely elated sensations on the same day----on the bass subject i felt the ht2's had a little bit more extentsion, but the bass on both units was more than ample and very satisfying for the music i was playing
post #1014 of 9225 Old 06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 145
[quote=greenhouseman;14078063]i am a very poor writer and yes the strange was that fact that the day i finally make a speaker choice is the same day my long awaited subs arrive, just a little bit ironic to experience 2 completely elated sensations on the same day----[quote]

I'm just a bad reader. See--I was picturing you in Jim's shop when someone called in an order to Jim and then a delivery came in--to Jim. I get confused. I'm Irish. I suspect you're right about bass extension on the ST and HT2--7" trumps 5" with or without a transmission line.
post #1015 of 9225 Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I was wondering what the wait time is for a speaker order now. I ordered my center channel on 5/16/08 . From what I have been reading it appears to be about 10 weeks . Is this correct?

Thomas DiCecco
post #1016 of 9225 Old 06-15-2008, 11:08 AM

for my particular order i asked for an early sept. pick-up and jim said no problem----which is basically 12 wks, but i think it depends on the particular product-----i know that business is very strong at the moment especially orders for the song towers so i guess the waiting game is in full effect
post #1017 of 9225 Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCecco View Post

I was wondering what the wait time is for a speaker order now. I ordered my center channel on 5/16/08 . From what I have been reading it appears to be about 10 weeks . Is this correct?

Call Jim and ask him directly. He's happy to take your call
post #1018 of 9225 Old 06-16-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCecco View Post

It took about 10 weeks for my SongCenter from when I ordered in March.
post #1019 of 9225 Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Jim is very busy as of lately, but he'll certainly take your call if you give him a ring. He will also promptly answer your e-mails. Definitely get in touch with him and ask him anything you need to.

post #1020 of 9225 Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It will be 8 weeks for me on Saturday, but I requested 2 SongTowers, 2 SongSurround IIs and a SongCenter in a custom Crotch Mahogany finish. The crotch mahogany is tougher to work with, so it is taking a little extra time to complete. From Jim's last update, I expect that they will look phenomenal. The last I heard, they were getting the sealer applied.

I have been collecting DVD-A and SACD discs and can't wait to hook up the new speakers with them. I don't want to play them on my old speakers.

The wait is acceptable to me. I know they will be worth it.

Doug
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page