Best Noise Cancelling Headphones under $50? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

i'm looking to buy some noice canceling headphones under $50...i'll be using them on a 12 hr flight overseas for zune.

some of the ones i found r below and wanted to know which ones would be the best as far as sound quality goes.

Philips USA SHN2500

Jabra C820

Creative Noise-Cancelling Headphones HN-700

or i can get non-nc hps

Sennheiser Hd205

Sennheiser HD457

Sennheiser HD-202

Sennheiser HD201

i know noise canceling would b best for planes but i dont travel too often so if the sound on the sennheiser is supposed to be better than the noise canceling one's i listed i might just get the sennheisers.

please let me know the 2 best ones from the two lists.

thank you

i really appreciate any help i can get w/ this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs420 View Post

Hi,

i'm looking to buy some noice canceling headphones under $50...i'll be using them on a 12 hr flight overseas for zune.

some of the ones i found r below and wanted to know which ones would be the best as far as sound quality goes.

Philips USA SHN2500

Jabra C820

Creative Noise-Cancelling Headphones HN-700

or i can get non-nc hps

Sennheiser Hd205

Sennheiser HD457

Sennheiser HD-202

Sennheiser HD201

i know noise canceling would b best for planes but i dont travel too often so if the sound on the sennheiser is supposed to be better than the noise canceling one's i listed i might just get the sennheisers.

please let me know the 2 best ones from the two lists.

thank you

i really appreciate any help i can get w/ this.

Good Post!!! I personally don't like earbuds. I find them uncomfortable over time. I prefer an over the ear or around the ear set. With that in mind, I have been on a mission to find a good, inexpensive NC headphone. I ended up going with the Sennheiser PXC-250, which I got on Amazon for $80. Great Great headphones all around. You should also consider the Philips HN-110, which you can get for $35.00 on Amazon. I tried the JVC HA-NC100, which got great ratings on CNET, but I thought they sucked. The cancelled noise by creating a white noise hiss. Yuck!!! If you're in a hurry and can't order online, I might give the Sony NC6's a shot. I thought they were nice sounding headphones and the noise cancelling on them was much better than I expected and better than the CNET review indicated.

If you want earbuds, I have heard really good things about the Shure headphones: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ci_sku=8179339

Honestly, noise cancelling really does make a difference if you travel--particularly on long flights. It won't get rid all the ambient sound, but it does a good pair will do a good job of minimizing it. Ambient noise does not, however, mean screaming babies... only a bullet will stop that noise (JK).
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2007, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

hey thanks for the quick reply!

"however, mean screaming babies... only a bullet will stop that noise "

haha...might have trouble getting a gun on the plane...so will just have to try drowning it out w/ the headphones...

i was thinking about getting inexpensive nc earbuds b/c wasn't sure if i wanted to carry around bulky over the ear headphones. the $80 one's sound great for when i come back to the US...but maybe i'll go w/ the Philips HN-110 that u recommended so if they are lost/stolen/broken it will not hurt as much.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page