Jbl Cs6100bg? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-21-2007, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
MDPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there......a newbie to avsforum

Does anybody own JBL CS6100BG? If you do, how do you like the sound quality? I'm looking to buy a 5.1 system primarily for HT, and I saw this set on Amazon. I liked its size, look and price, and also the name JBL. But before forking out the money, I wanted to hear from anybody who owns this set.

-Tanx
MDPHD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 12-21-2007, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
filecat13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
The CS6100 is a very nice looking HTIB set that exceeds most "normal" HTIB sets, which is reflected by its somewhat higher sticker price.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=HCS&ser=CNS

Depending on the size of your room and the demands you place on your system, it will perform admirably for HT duty. Despite its rated specs, you should expect that it won't give you much LF response below 40Hz as -6dB at 30Hz is an admission of swiftly falling off output. Nevertheless, its 10" subwoofer with 300W amp is a step up from most other HTIB sets that include 8" or 6.5" drivers with lesser power.

You'll get excellent bang-for-the-buck sound in the MF and HF from the drivers, especially the trademark JBL Ti laminate tweeters, and you'll get lots of powerful bass in the 40Hz and up frequencies. For virtually all HT duty, this will be impressive and probably more than your wife or GF (if you have one) will think is reasonable. Plus, she and her friends are very likely to approve of the looks of this stunning set.

If your room is bigger than 16x28, then you might want something with more output, but anything under that will be right in the sweet spot of this set's performance. For the price and performance, you'd have to look carefully to find a better bang-for-the-buck HT system, and frankly I don't know what it would be.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
filecat13 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 12-22-2007, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
MDPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Filecat, thanks for the detailed info. One issue that concerns me is the size of the room. Below is a rough sketch of my room (basement). Do you think, it'll be ok for 14' X 36' room?

-Tanx

The drawing didn't come out too well.
--------------36'
__________________________________
|-------TV <--------21'--------------> |
|------------------------------------- | 14'
|------------------------------------- |
|_____Couch______________________ |
MDPHD is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
filecat13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPHD View Post

Filecat, thanks for the detailed info. One issue that concerns me is the size of the room. Below is a rough sketch of my room (basement). Do you think, it'll be ok for 14' X 36' room?

-Tanx

The drawing didn't come out too well.
--------------36'
__________________________________
|-------TV <--------21'--------------> |
|------------------------------------- | 14'
|------------------------------------- |
|_____Couch______________________ |

So everything will be centered on the TV and it will be open to the right?

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
filecat13 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 12-22-2007, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
MDPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, it will be open to the right. Also, the ceiling height is 8', if it makes any difference.
MDPHD is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Member
 
nitrobully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the CS6100. I have been searching the net for reviews and this is the only review I've seen. http://www.hometheatermag.com/compac...rs/707jbl6100/

Me and my wife likes the look and the size of it. The sub has plenty of power. I have to turn down the volume a few times while watching Serenity. You can really feel the power of the Sub.

I really like the system because I got a killer deal on it and I bought an extra pair of satellite speakers. It comes with 2 set of wall mount.
nitrobully is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
MDPHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobully View Post

I got the CS6100. I have been searching the net for reviews and this is the only review I've seen. http://www.hometheatermag.com/compac...rs/707jbl6100/

Me and my wife likes the look and the size of it. The sub has plenty of power. I have to turn down the volume a few times while watching Serenity. You can really feel the power of the Sub.

I really like the system because I got a killer deal on it and I bought an extra pair of satellite speakers. It comes with 2 set of wall mount.

Tanx for the info. Can I ask you where you purchased yours?
MDPHD is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 12-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Member
 
nitrobully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got it from my friend.
nitrobully is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 AM
Member
 
tvmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPHD View Post

Hi there......a newbie to avsforum

Does anybody own JBL CS6100BG? If you do, how do you like the sound quality? I'm looking to buy a 5.1 system primarily for HT, and I saw this set on Amazon. I liked its size, look and price, and also the name JBL. But before forking out the money, I wanted to hear from anybody who owns this set.

-Tanx

Is the JBL sub self powerd wth RCA inputs im looking into this myself now? I havent seem any pictures of the back only the front so I cant tell.

Anyone else have any feedback on this sytem?
tvmack is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Member
 
tvmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wanted to bump this back up for some feedback.

Thanks!
tvmack is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Member
 
nitrobully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, It has an LFE input at the back. Here's the owner's manual. http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Ow...and%20web).pdf

JR has the best price on the net. I just bought a Klipsch KSW10 subwoofer from Costco and I finD the JBL SUB BETTER.
nitrobully is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Member
 
tvmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobully View Post

Yes, It has an LFE input at the back. Here's the owner's manual. http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Ow...and%20web).pdf

JR has the best price on the net. I just bought a Klipsch KSW10 subwoofer from Costco and I finD the JBL SUB BETTER.


Thanks for that information Nitro that is just what I was looking for. I placed my order for the speakers after I read through the manual.
tvmack is offline  
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off