Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Placed my order today for:

2 HT88 Front
1 HT85 Center
2 HT75 Surround
1 H100 Sub

I already have the tracking information as well. Thanks for the advice in this thread everyone. Sound Distributors is definitely a great place to deal with.

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

Placed my order today for:

2 HT88 Front
1 HT85 Center
2 HT75 Surround
1 H100 Sub

I already have the tracking information as well. Thanks for the advice in this thread everyone. Sound Distributors is definitely a great place to deal with.

Hey what part of Pittsburgh are you from? I was looking into these speakers and would love to know what you think about them once you get them all set up.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
To everyone with an Acoustech setup here, I HIGHLY recommend adding at least 2 to 4 aura pro bass shakers w a small amp or old receiver to your couches for an enhanced bass effect. It really gives that extra thump during movies and music, and livens up the whole HT.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb22 View Post

Hey what part of Pittsburgh are you from? I was looking into these speakers and would love to know what you think about them once you get them all set up.

In the North Hills.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a question about the crossover frequency setting for the HT-63s. Audessy set them at 40Hz, but apparently the specs say the HT-63s range from 60Hz-20kHz.

Should I manually set the rears to 60 Hz instead of 40 Hz?

Right now my HT-75s are on "full band", center is 80Hz, and "LPF of LFE" is 80Hz. And Double Bass is "on". Not that I really understand what all these mean.

The manufacturer told me to set the center and sub to 80Hz. But the other settings were done by Audessy...
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post

I have a question about the crossover frequency setting for the HT-63s. Audessy set them at 40Hz, but apparently the specs say the HT-63s range from 60Hz-20kHz.

Should I manually set the rears to 60 Hz instead of 40 Hz?

Right now my HT-75s are on "full band", center is 80Hz, and "LPF of LFE" is 80Hz. And Double Bass is "on". Not that I really understand what all these mean.

The manufacturer told me to set the center and sub to 80Hz. But the other settings were done by Audessy...

Im not sure where to set the sub to 80 on the Onkyo, but....

Leave the 75's at full band and double bass, that way you can have bass coming from both your sub and the speakers.

Leave the center at 80

LPF of LFE at 100 or 120

63's at 60 or 80
Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like I missed this by about a week, but it looks like Acoustic Sound Design has the HT-88's on sale in their ebay store for a nice price. Same thing with the HT-85.

At that price, I think they are a steal.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

Looks like I missed this by about a week, but it looks like Acoustic Sound Design has the HT-88's on sale in their ebay store for a nice price. Same thing with the HT-85.

At that price, I think they are a steal.

Wow, indeed they are.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

In the North Hills.

Cool me too. Looking forward to hearing your review on how you like the speakers.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb22 View Post

Cool me too. Looking forward to hearing your review on how you like the speakers.

They're supposed to be here on Thursday, which can't come soon enough!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Got my set today. I just got them all out of the boxes. Build quality seems real solid. The towers and center are pretty damn heavy. Speakers appear to be gold paper. Overall fit and finish looks real good. Now if they sound as good as they look, I'll be real happy. The surrounds have two mounting brackets each for wall hanging. The center has three and will need them. The tops of all the speakers are glossy black, sides are a black wood grain. Grills are pretty heavy material and attach securely. I hope to get everything roughly setup tomorrow if I have time. It's just too late right now. I'll have to dial in the receiver settings at some point to make sure they sound good. These seem way better quality then my 12 year old home theater in a box speakers. So far I'm real happy with them but haven't fired them up yet. Time to get some rest.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This is what Im looking to put together.

Sony 720
Acoustech HT-75 Towers
Acoustech HT-65 Center
Acoustech HT-8c In Ceiling
Acoustech H-100 Sub

Let us know how they sound when you get things set-up
Old 06-12-2008, 10:31 AM

bump
Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyknoxsvill View Post

This is what Im looking to put together.

Sony 720
Acoustech HT-75 Towers
Acoustech HT-65 Center
Acoustech HT-8c In Ceiling
Acoustech H-100 Sub

Let us know how they sound when you get things set-up

If it was my money, I would spend a little more and go with a different reciever like Onkyo 605, HK, Yamaha, or Marantz
Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

I'm thinking these would be great for a dorm room, has anyone compared these to Klipsch RF-62 or RF-82? (I'm talking about the HT-88s)
Old 06-12-2008, 12:23 PM

I'm on a budget and the 720 is about all I can afford at the moment. Its passes PCM without the price of the 605.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebronze View Post

I'm thinking these would be great for a dorm room, has anyone compared these to Klipsch RF-62 or RF-82? (I'm talking about the HT-88s)

they will rock your dorm room...almost overkill!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone recently get these speakers that have yet to post a review? Im interested in seeing what more people have to say about them, in comparison to other speakers they've tried. These were my first true towers, so I don't really know how they compare to other brands. They are downright awesome to me.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:

I made an HT-88 -> RF-82 switch about two months ago. To me, the RF-82 is a much better speaker. The HT-88 lacks the crystal clear sound of the the RF-82, and just doesn't compete for dynamics. I was never completely happy with the HT-88: just felt it was missing something. The build quality (internal wiring, bracing, damping material, MDF size) of the RF-82 is also way better. I mean, the RF-82 is twice as expensive as the HT-88 and it feels and sounds that way to me. But it's nice to have both options on the market.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz2 View Post

I made an HT-88 -> RF-82 switch about two months ago. To me, the RF-82 is a much better speaker. The HT-88 lacks the crystal clear sound of the the RF-82, and just doesn't compete for dynamics. I was never completely happy with the HT-88: just felt it was missing something. The build quality (internal wiring, bracing, damping material, MDF size) of the RF-82 is also way better. I mean, the RF-82 is twice as expensive as the HT-88 and it feels and sounds that way to me. But it's nice to have both options on the market.

I figured as much, I would hope the Klipsch sound better. I'm in the process of getting a Klipsch setup for my HT, but absolutely refuse to bring these speakers up to a college environment.

The fact that a pair of HT-88 can be had on Ebay for very little would ease my sadness if someone left a bleeding cup on top of the speaker or something.

But the lack of sound quality is a concern as well. If I buy these off of Ebay I cant return them, which is not good.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I figured as much, I would hope the Klipsch sound better. I'm in the process of getting a Klipsch setup for my HT, but absolutely refuse to bring these speakers up to a college environment.

The fact that a pair of HT-88 can be had on Ebay for very little would ease my sadness if someone left a bleeding cup on top of the speaker or something.

But the lack of sound quality is a concern as well. If I buy these off of Ebay I cant return them, which is not good.

For the price I think you would be very pleased w/ them. Nutz is actually the only person I've heard that wasn't completely happy with his BICs.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz2 View Post

While I have no doubt the Klipsch sound a bit better, im surprised that you thought the HT-88's weren't clear. One of the first things I noticed even before breaking the BICs in was how clear they sounded with higher frequencies, cymbals, etc.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just thought I'd chime in here as I have owned a whole set of these for over a year now and they really are great speakers for the money. I am currently in the market for a new receiver to go to HD formats and can't wait to hear these once I get one. I have the six inch drivers (center, rear, towers, and the sub)

great speaker set.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 PM

I am buying a 58" Samsung Plasma by the end of the month and am wanting to pair a nice sound setup to go along with it.

I am going to buy an Onkyo 605 Receiver.

I see that the HT-88's are going for a really good price right now on their Ebay site. I think I am going to buy these as well as the H-100 sub. I am all about bang for the buck and am do not want to exceed much over $1000 for my sound setup. Do you think The HT-88's and H-100 Sub are the best for the price range I am considering? From what I have read they are.

I do have some questions though.

1. I really want to buy the HT-85 Center as well, but am not sure where to put it since it is so large. I guess my only option is to mount it above the TV (TV is not mounted). But then I will have to run the wires behind the wall, which I didn't really want to do. I recently bought a TV stand that has a built in speaker shelf and the dimensions are 5.7 X 16.6. Could I possibly pair another center channel that would sound just as good as the HT-85, but fit within these dimensions?

2. I am not sure if I am going to get surrounds yet because my living room is a weird layout and I'm not sure where to set them. If I were going to get surrounds later on, and didn't get BIC acoustec brand, would it still sound alright even if they weren't horn speakers?

3. Do I have to buy speaker wire or will it come with the speakers? If I do have to buy separate is there a specific kind or is all speaker wire the same? Sorry, I'm a speaker noob.

4. What is the main difference in the HT-88's and HT-75's? Just deeper base? Would I even notice the difference since I am pairing the H-100 sub with them?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post

Just thought I'd chime in here as I have owned a whole set of these for over a year now and they really are great speakers for the money. I am currently in the market for a new receiver to go to HD formats and can't wait to hear these once I get one. I have the six inch drivers (center, rear, towers, and the sub)

great speaker set.

I got the Onkyo 606 for them, and I highly recommend it.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanzelda23 View Post

I am buying a 58" Samsung Plasma by the end of the month and am wanting to pair a nice sound setup to go along with it.

I am going to buy an Onkyo 605 Receiver.

I see that the HT-88's are going for a really good price right now on their Ebay site. I think I am going to buy these as well as the H-100 sub. I am all about bang for the buck and am do not want to exceed much over $1000 for my sound setup. Do you think The HT-88's and H-100 Sub are the best for the price range I am considering? From what I have read they are.

I do have some questions though.

1. I really want to buy the HT-85 Center as well, but am not sure where to put it since it is so large. I guess my only option is to mount it above the TV (TV is not mounted). But then I will have to run the wires behind the wall, which I didn't really want to do. I recently bought a TV stand that has a built in speaker shelf and the dimensions are 5.7 X 16.6. Could I possibly pair another center channel that would sound just as good as the HT-85, but fit within these dimensions?

2. I am not sure if I am going to get surrounds yet because my living room is a weird layout and I'm not sure where to set them. If I were going to get surrounds later on, and didn't get BIC acoustec brand, would it still sound alright even if they weren't horn speakers?

3. Do I have to buy speaker wire or will it come with the speakers? If I do have to buy separate is there a specific kind or is all speaker wire the same? Sorry, I'm a speaker noob.

4. What is the main difference in the HT-88's and HT-75's? Just deeper base? Would I even notice the difference since I am pairing the H-100 sub with them?

Thanks.

The ebay deal right now is excellent for the HT85s and 88s, excellent bang for the buck IMHO. If I hadn't just bought 75s and a 65 then I'd likely jump on this.

1. Everything I've ever heard says you absolutely want to match your fronts and center or it throws off your soundstage. Especially w/ a system like these that use horns I doubt you would want a center w/ a dome tweeter.

2. I'd like to know this myself actually since I don't have surrounds right now

3. They don't come w/ speaker wire. Just go to monoprice.com and pick some up, 14 or 16 guage will be fine for the short distances between the receiver and the center/fronts.

4. Dunno, I do know the 88s and 85 use 8" drivers as opposed to 6.5" for the 75/65 series.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac707 View Post

The ebay deal right now is excellent for the HT85s and 88s, excellent bang for the buck IMHO. If I hadn't just bought 75s and a 65 then I'd likely jump on this.

1. Everything I've ever heard says you absolutely want to match your fronts and center or it throws off your soundstage. Especially w/ a system like these that use horns I doubt you would want a center w/ a dome tweeter.

2. I'd like to know this myself actually since I don't have surrounds right now

3. They don't come w/ speaker wire. Just go to monoprice.com and pick some up, 14 or 16 guage will be fine for the short distances between the receiver and the center/fronts.

4. Dunno, I do know the 88s and 85 use 8" drivers as opposed to 6.5" for the 75/65 series.

What about the Sub? Does it just use standard speaker wire? Should I get banana plugs too? I just need banana plugs for the speakers right, and not the receiver?

On point number 4, I just don't know if it is worth it to get the 88's and 85 if you are buying the H100 Sub. I don't want to be wasting money if you can't even hear a difference between them and the 75's and 65.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanzelda23 View Post

What about the Sub? Does it just use standard speaker wire? Should I get banana plugs too? I just need banana plugs for the speakers right, and not the receiver?

On point number 4, I just don't know if it is worth it to get the 88's and 85 if you are buying the H100 Sub. I don't want to be wasting money if you can't even hear a difference between them and the 75's and 65.

The sub used an RCA style jack. If you have a smaller sized room... then you are right, you dont need 88's and 85 if you're going to use a sub. If you have a larger room in the area of 20x20 or so... you might want to consider the 88s and 85
Old 06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

While I have no doubt the Klipsch sound a bit better, im surprised that you thought the HT-88's weren't clear. One of the first things I noticed even before breaking the BICs in was how clear they sounded with higher frequencies, cymbals, etc.

Obviously I'm skeptical, but I am really liking these Bics (the pictures at least, the stats look good as well).

What other speakers did you compare the HT-88 too? Or, at least how do they compare to past speakers you may have heard?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

The sub used an RCA style jack. If you have a smaller sized room... then you are right, you dont need 88's and 85 if you're going to use a sub. If you have a larger room in the area of 20x20 or so... you might want to consider the 88s and 85

Does that come with the sub? If it doesn't I just need to get a standard RCA cable?

Tags
Bic Acoustech , Bic Acoustech Pl 89 Speakers , Acoustech By Bic , Bic Acoustech Pl 76 Tower Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 26 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 28 Center Speaker