post #361 of 4711 Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

Finally got the new sub yesterday and this thing ROCKS! There was definitely a problem with the other sub because if I move the gain on the new sub anywhere past level 4 I feel like all the windows and the door in the room will get blown out. Great job by Sound Distributors in resolving my first sub problem!!

On another note, I need some opinions. Audyssey set my fronts (HT-88's) and side surrounds (HT-75's) to Full Band and I also have Double Base on, but I wasn't sure if I should change them from Full Band to 80, or another frequency. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Edit: HA! It took me awhile to post this and as soon as I do, someone else had already asked the same question!

Glad everything worked out for you

My Threads:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4711 Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Thanks for all the info fellas. I purchased the HT-88/HT-85/HT-84 combo for $669 delivered. I already had the H-100.

Very pleased with the performance. We listen to a lot of music and found these to be very "musical" speakers when teamed up with the Onkyo 606.

See below for some pics of my set up:

post #363 of 4711 Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

Glad everything worked out for you

Thank you so much for starting this thread!!

These speakers are just AMAZING!! I'm listening to the BD of 'Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall' right now and its just AMAZING how great these things perform. I had 'The Day After Tomorrow' playing earlier and the entire room was shaking, but the highs were still crystal clear and perfect as well!

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
post #364 of 4711 Old 07-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

Thank you so much for starting this thread!!

I'm listening to the BD of 'Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall' right now

Funny,

that is on in the background right now here as i type this. AWSOME recording.

Now, I am in the market for a new yamaha A/V receiver and am dead stuck between the 863 and the 1800. I seriously can't make up my mind
post #365 of 4711 Old 07-04-2008, 06:45 AM

I went ahead and ordered the HT-88 system from acousticsounddesign.com (great service btw, very fast!). It's a bit big for my living room, but as soon as I mount my plasma (mount should be here next week) it will be fine.

I owned a sony HT in a box system before. I purchased the Onkyo 606 to go along with these speakers. All I can say is WOW. I never knew how good life could be with a new HT system. So far, i'm very happy with my purchase.
post #366 of 4711 Old 07-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Is it possible for anyone to post their complete settings for these used with an onkyo receiver? It would be much appreciated.
post #367 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgboy9999 View Post

Is it possible for anyone to post their complete settings for these used with an onkyo receiver? It would be much appreciated.

I would like to know this too please
post #368 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just ordered 4 ht-63's for a 7.1 system and they will be wall mounted.Could someone tell me which way I should mount them?Since they have an angled cabinet I'm not really sure,I assumed the ones on the back wall would have the horns directed toward the center of the room but I'm not sure.I have no idea about the ones to the side,should the horns be pointed toward the front or back of the room.The side surrounds are directly to the side of my couch so they won't be pointed directly at me either way.
post #369 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post

I just ordered 4 ht-63's for a 7.1 system and they will be wall mounted.Could someone tell me which way I should mount them?Since they have an angled cabinet I'm not really sure,I assumed the ones on the back wall would have the horns directed toward the center of the room but I'm not sure.I have no idea about the ones to the side,should the horns be pointed toward the front or back of the room.The side surrounds are directly to the side of my couch so they won't be pointed directly at me either way.

I wondered about this when I was setting up mine as well. They are three way speakers, so there is a speaker on all sides. I have mine angled in each corner so that all the speakers face outwards. I guess the main idea is that you don't want to have any of the sides facing directly into a wall.

They're kind of a pain to figure out how to angle, but once you get it, they sound amazing!
post #370 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgboy9999 View Post

I calibrated mine with Audessy, and tweaked a few settings based on what the manufacturer told me. For the fronts I have them on full band, double bass on. My sub crossover is at 80 hz, but you could do up to 120 hz (see what you like best). The center is at 80 hz, and the rears should be at 60 hz (Audessy set them up at 40 hz, but the speakers only go as low as 60).

Beyond that, Audessy did the equilibrating and I just adjusted the levels (it had my sub at -16, so I definitely had to change that!).
post #371 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post

I calibrated mine with Audessy, and tweaked a few settings based on what the manufacturer told me. For the fronts I have them on full band, double bass on. My sub crossover is at 80 hz, but you could do up to 120 hz (see what you like best). The center is at 80 hz, and the rears should be at 60 hz (Audessy set them up at 40 hz, but the speakers only go as low as 60).

Beyond that, Audessy did the equilibrating and I just adjusted the levels (it had my sub at -16, so I definitely had to change that!).

I'd also recommend that burgboy9999 and stupidassdrummer run Audyssey then tweak from there. For ex, I have my fronts and centers crossover at 80 without double bass. The distances and volumes were all set by Aud and I only had to adjust the sub volume up since it was set at -12.
post #372 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post

I wondered about this when I was setting up mine as well. They are three way speakers, so there is a speaker on all sides. I have mine angled in each corner so that all the speakers face outwards. I guess the main idea is that you don't want to have any of the sides facing directly into a wall.

They're kind of a pain to figure out how to angle, but once you get it, they sound amazing!

They are actually 2-way speakers. The 5x7 is a passive radiator that is used instead of a port.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive..._%28speaker%29

My Threads:

;
;
post #373 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 09:17 AM

I've had my BIC Acoustech speaker package for 4 years and I am still very happy with it.
I have...
H100 subwoofer
Two HT-75 tower speakers for the Front Speakers
HT-65 center speaker
Two HT-63 bookshelf speakers for Side Surrounds
Two HT-63 bookshelf speakers for Rear Surrounds
I am very happy with my set-up.
I have been thinking about upgrading my fronts with the HT-88's and getting the HT-85 center. Do you think I would notice a huge difference? I ALREADY am happy with what I have, but I thinking about moving some of my old speakers into the bedroom with my 65" tv.
post #374 of 4711 Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I ended up ordering a pair of HT-63's to complete my system. If I like them better than what I have now, I will order another pair for a full 7.1 Acoustech system. I still think the HT-88's and 85 are downright awesome.
post #375 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 07:31 AM

thanks lilmike2069 for starting a great discussion... in part because of this and my own research I wound up purchasing a 3.1 system for my family room. pair of HT-88, HT-85 and the H-100 powered by a Onkyo 705.

My question is- Has anyone had any problems with their speakers being shipped to them? I purchased from the Las Vegas vendor and 2 out of the 3 HT-88's that I have received so far have been damaged on top. Anyone else experience anything like it?

Other than this issue, I am extremely happy with the speakers and the sound.
post #376 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a pair of HT-63 surrounds coming, but I'm wondering how the HT-64's would perform as my back surround speakers. Since they use the same woofers and horn, it shouldn't degrade performance over getting 4 HT-63's, should it?
post #377 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyavs_newbie View Post

thanks lilmike2069 for starting a great discussion... in part because of this and my own research I wound up purchasing a 3.1 system for my family room. pair of HT-88, HT-85 and the H-100 powered by a Onkyo 705.

My question is- Has anyone had any problems with their speakers being shipped to them? I purchased from the Las Vegas vendor and 2 out of the 3 HT-88's that I have received so far have been damaged on top. Anyone else experience anything like it?

I also have to thank lilmike2069 and everyone else for helping me choose to put together this amazing system. I am continually impressed by every different movie and game that I throw at these speakers. I put in Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3 last night, and wow. The combo of these and the A2-300 really felt like you were in the game.

When I got my speakers from one of the Las Vegas vendors, the boxes were water damaged, but that could have been UPS' fault as well. The speakers were in perfect condition though.
post #378 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

My boxes also had damage but I assume that's UPS' doing. I bought from the same vendor it sounds like.
post #379 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bhazard,How big is your room?I have the same setup,or soon will(4 ht 63's coming tomorrow and a2-300 that I ordered last week).What are your thoughts on the sub and if you don't mind me asking how long did it take from order to doorstep?
post #380 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

My room is about 23' x 16'. The HT-63's are on their way for friday, and I may get the HT-64's for the back surrounds. Currently my surrounds are spherex omnipolars, which do a very good job, but I want to complete the system with all acoustechs.

The a2 is sick. The sub is a monster and almost the size of 2 H100's. I have it directly behind the seating area because I have no other choice. It hits hard, low, and smoothly. Definitely the best sub i've ever heard so far, and right at the edge of my price range. It took about a month until it arrived.

The best addition you can add to the system is a pair of bass shakers attached to your seat/couch. It adds vibration and makes it feel like the sub is even more powerful than it is. It feels awesome during a gunfight/explosion.
post #381 of 4711 Old 07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

I have the same question about which would be better for surrounds: the 63's or 64's? I would be wanting to get 4 of them for side/back surrounds to complete 7.1 setup. Which are better and would it be better to have all 4 the same or maybe 63's for sides and 64's for backs?
post #382 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Which Vegas dealer? I believe that at least two vendor's, SoundDistributors.com and AcousticSoundDesign.com, operate out of Vegas.

I ordered from Sound Distributor's directly, and I was very impressed with their service. All of the boxes were damaged when I received the speakers, but the speakers themselves were perfect cosmetically, except for a VERY small tear/snag on one of the HT-88's speaker grills. However, the box this speaker was in wasn't damaged in that area at all, so I'm thinking it might just be something missed by the manufacturer's quality control people. That problem was solved with a quick email to BIC as they're going to ship me a new HT-88 grill once their backorders are caught up (2 months).

I did have a problem with the first H100 I received not performing well, most likely a bad amp, however Sound Distributors handled that by shipping me a new one and having UPS pick-up the old one, which was very painless on my end. The new H100's box was really messed up as well when I received it and I was worried it might be damaged, but I checked it thoroughly and didn't find any problems.

I'd suggest contacting the vendor to inform them of the problem and see what they can do.

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
post #383 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

I love the looks of the BICs and I am also looking to upgrade. Yet I do not know if these would even be an upgrade from what I have now.

Receiver - Onkyo 606
Mains - JBL ND310s
Center - JBL NCenter
Surrounds - JBL N24s
Sub - SVS PB12NSD

On paper my mains with dual 10"s go down to 37hz. With the sub off they sound really good and have plenty of bass.
Now the HT88 have dual 8"s and on paper they go down to 25hz. Also they have a rating of 98 vs the JBL 91. Would the sound from these surpass the quality and bass of the JBL ND310 that I currently have?

*Representing Team AVS*
- KillerPoptart -

post #384 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colticus View Post

I love the looks of the BICs and I am also looking to upgrade. Yet I do not know if these would even be an upgrade from what I have now.

Receiver - Onkyo 606
Mains - JBL ND310s
Center - JBL NCenter
Surrounds - JBL N24s
Sub - SVS PB12NSD

On paper my mains with dual 10"s go down to 37hz. With the sub off they sound really good and have plenty of bass.
Now the HT88 have dual 8"s and on paper they go down to 25hz. Also they have a rating of 98 vs the JBL 91. Would the sound from these surpass the quality and bass of the JBL ND310 that I currently have?

Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to listen to them and compare.
post #385 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 AM

Has anyone compared the Acoustech 75s or 88s to the Sony SS-F7000? I haven't read anything negative about either.
post #386 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaplasma View Post

Has anyone compared the Acoustech 75s or 88s to the Sony SS-F7000? I haven't read anything negative about either.

I was looking at the same speakers at first. The 75's and 88's absolutely destroy them. The 88's are going for a real nice price as well at a certain ebay store right now, best bang for the buck.
post #387 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure I can fit the 88's or not but damn I still want 'em over the 75's. I know if I get the 75's I'll always wonder how much better the 88's would be and want the 88's.
post #388 of 4711 Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM

I don't know if I can convince the wife that the 88s aren't too large. I know they are as big as the sony's but the sony's have the price advantage. I guess the 75s might be the best solution. I can't find anywhere locally to listen to any of these anyways.
post #389 of 4711 Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaplasma View Post

I don't know if I can convince the wife that the 88s aren't too large. I know they are as big as the sony's but the sony's have the price advantage. I guess the 75s might be the best solution. I can't find anywhere locally to listen to any of these anyways.

Unless you are going to get a sub, you'll probably be a bit dissappointed on the bass output of the HT75 alone.

My Threads:

;
;
post #390 of 4711 Old 07-17-2008, 06:32 AM

I have a sub to use already so the bass output shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Bic Acoustech , Bic Acoustech Pl 89 Speakers , Acoustech By Bic , Bic Acoustech Pl 76 Tower Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 26 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 28 Center Speaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page