BIC Acoustech Owners Thread - Page 163 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #4861 of 4863 Old Today, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Theater Room View Post
AbbyDaddy,

I am sorry I don't have much advice on the quality or the sound of the in-wall in-ceiling BICs, as I have never listen to them. I would not sweat over back boxes for my atmos speakers given the complication of installing them post construction. It's not like you will be using these speakers for critical music listening.

How does the rest of your system sound? Have you got the PL89iis broken in yet?
Broken in yes, installed no. I'm a little OCD when it comes to having "everything" in at once. I ran 40 straight hours of pink noise through them and the center. I wasn't sure if the subs need that as well? Today/tomorrow I am going to be running wire for the rears, center, and to the locations for where I will install the ceiling speakers when I get them, plus three boxes/plates for the rears and centers with banana post bindings. If all goes well, I can at least enjoy a movie in 5.2 till I decide on the ceiling speakers.

ON WISCONSIN!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 4863 Old Today, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
To those who recently got FH-6C/LCRs across at least the front 3 channels, any impressions on your setup yet?
I've been pondering changing from current Primus P360/C351 set to something more matched and also stand mounted versus floorstanding. I am looking for better articulation for movie dialogs than what I have now, thought perhaps these horn type speakers may add that. My usage is 60/40 movies/music.
I used to own the other non horn loaded version of the centers (DV62clr) as LCR for a time, but they never really jelled in my home.
post #4863 of 4863 Old Today, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyDaddy View Post
Question for all... I will be ordering the last speakers for my setup tomorrow. So far, I have four PL-89ii's for my front left/rights and rear left/rights, the PL-28ii center channel, and two of the PL-200 subs. I am planning on adding two ceiling speakers for rear height/Atmos speakers. My system will be a 5.2.2 setup. I have read some good and bad things about the HT-8C's, and way more good than bad about the HT-WC's. I noticed that BIC made FH-8W's as well. Those look more like the woofer and tweeter configuration on the towers and center channel. Has anyone had success with any of the three? Also, since they will be mounted in my living room ceiling, would you recommend back boxes for them? I have blown-in cellulose insulation, and aside from keeping them clean, was wondering if there would be any positive benefit to using the back boxes? I have seen many made for 8 inch round ceiling speakers, and the round speakers would be a much easier install, but I see that most of the pre-made back boxes out there are metal with either insulation inside or some sort of sound deadening material. Coming from being a car audio enthusiast, I cannot see how metal would do a good job, unless one were to wrap the entire outside of the enclosure with Dynamat, and use some fairly thick double-sided foam adhesive tape to rest on the ceiling dry wall between the back back box when screwed down. While it is possible, yes, to just make some with mdf, I'd rather not deal with more of a hassle since this is post-construction.

Any and all advice will be respectfully and thoughtfully reviewed. Thanks in advance!
My setup consists of a pair of FH-8W's for my front L/R, a pair of HT-8W's for my rear L/R, a pair of HT-8C's for my L/R height, a PL-28II as my center, and a PL-200.

I don't have time to go into depth tonight, so I'll come back tomorrow to give my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Bic Acoustech , Bic Acoustech Pl 89 Speakers , Acoustech By Bic , Bic Acoustech Pl 76 Tower Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 26 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 28 Center Speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page