BIC Acoustech Owners Thread - Page 176 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #5251 of 5257 Old 02-27-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
The logical answer is that the designer and manufacturer know their stuff, and built it with the correct orientation. If it helps, I have their Platinum line, and the 3" dimension is horizontal, while the 4" dimension is vertical. I have read posts where people have called the manufacturer and been told the orientation on the FH-6 wasn't critical, and I have read posts where people rotated the horns to match across the front stage. I would personally rotate it/them so the 4" dimension is vertical.

When you say built it with the correct orientation, do you mean as a center channel lying horizontally? So, if I use them as my Left/Right I should rotate them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5252 of 5257 Old 02-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I have had them orientated both wa without switching the tweeter.....works fine.
Augerhandle likes this.

Link to budget Home Theater build

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...i-version.html
post #5253 of 5257 Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post
When you say built it with the correct orientation, do you mean as a center channel lying horizontally? So, if I use them as my Left/Right I should rotate them?

Yes. I was talking about the orientation of the horn itself. As I said, I have the Platinum series, and all the horns are the same orientation (3" horizontal, 4" vertical). Measure the rectangular opening of your horns with the speakers in their final position.

Here's another post about it (The original poster had modified his the wrong way).

BIC FH6-LCR Horn Tweeter Mod / Review of the DV-62si

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
He didn't quite understand the horns, so his mod wasn't a great idea. The original orientation of the horn was correct. If you were to stand the speaker vertically, yeah, you would want to rotate the horn. The sides with the greater surface area will produce a greater and more even dispersion. The way he set it up, he sacrificed horizontal axis response for a better vertical response, but horizontal response typically has a much greater effect on how good the speaker sounds. Only rotate the horns if you are going to stand the LCR up vertically.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 02-28-2017 at 12:25 PM.

post #5254 of 5257 Old Today, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just got the dv62 clr is there a big difference between that and the fh6lcr .i can send back the dv62 if need be
post #5255 of 5257 Old Today, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2320 Post(s)
Liked: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by madermat View Post
i just got the dv62 clr is there a big difference between that and the fh6lcr .i can send back the dv62 if need be
If you're in the US, you can order the FH6 for free pickup at your nearest Walmart for a no-risk 90 day trial, and compare the 2 speakers side by side for yourself.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BIC-FH6-L...eaker/10298559

They go in and out of stock every couple of weeks.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #5256 of 5257 Old Today, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by madermat View Post

62CLRS is dome tweeter and FH6 LCR is a horn tweeter, which are known to be more sensitive. However, that 62CLRS was a great center channel when I had it. Very powerful speaker and lifelike sounds. Has good sensitivity, too.

Usually horns are known as being more sensitive, but in my upcoming speaker shootout, that myth will soon be proven wrong!!
post #5257 of 5257 Old Today, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just didnt know if it was that big of differnce to hassle with or maybe the pll 28 would be a choice .dont get me wrong the dv62 sounds go to me it is better then the yamaha i have had for 20 years(made in usa)very detailed sound out of tthe twitter on the bic was very happy ,always want more ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Acoustech By Bic , Bic Acoustech , Bic Acoustech Pl 26 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 28 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 76 Tower Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 89 Speakers , bic acoustech pl 980 speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page