post #901 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner166 View Post

my only issue with the 75 s is people have said the really notice the lack of midds
should this be somthing to worry about ?
thanks for the replies
u guys rock

That was one of the reasons I went with the 88's, but honestly, the 75's just might be the better buy. I cant say for sure because I dont have a pair myself to test. If you cant find the 88's now, you're better off getting the 75's instead of waiting until march. I liked the idea of having 8" woofers throughout my fronts, so I was getting the 88's and 85 regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
come on guys if some one would answer my 2 questions i will leave ya all alone
my first question is my couch is up against the wall where my rears will be

there is no other placement for the couch so was wondering from my sitting position will the ht-75s sound better for surrounds or the 63 s

second and last question
i plan on using this configuration

HT75 fronts
HT65 center
HT63 surrounds
H100 sub

should i use the ht65 for center so all speakers are matched
or would th 85 with the 8 in driver be better
post #903 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

there is no other placement for the couch so was wondering from my sitting position will the ht-75s sound better for surrounds or the 63 s

second and last question

HT75 fronts
HT65 center
HT63 surrounds
H100 sub

I am on the fence about the 63s vs. the 75s so I'll leave that for another poster.

As for the 65 v 85..I think you're always better getting a matched set. There's a reason they built them to work together.

OTOH, if the 88s do come back in stock..you might be glad you have the 85 instead of the 65 if you upgrade the fronts.

Not very helpful huh?
post #904 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM

thank you
1 question answered
i will go with the ht-65 for my center thought the matched set would be better
thank you
post #905 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

second and last question

HT75 fronts
HT65 center
HT63 surrounds
H100 sub

It is recommended that you use the 65 center so that it matches the HT-75 fronts.

As far as placement of surrounds is conserned, the proper placement of surrounds is ON THE SIDES--RIGHT ABOVE THE EARS--NOT BEHIND THE SITTING POSITION (Only BACK SURROUNDS IN A 7.1 SETUP, is meant to be placed BEHIND the sitting position).

So you can use HT-75 as your surr. Place them on either side of your couch as diagramed here: http://www.thx.com/home/setup/speakers/51.html

post #906 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_David View Post

And I will bet you $1000 bucks that if you have the right quality equipment, YOU CAN.

Case in point; I have the HD DVD version of Transformers with DD+ 1.5 m/b track that many said was every bit as powerful as lossless audio----Until the heard the TrueHD version in the Blu-ray version.

Lossless audio is fuller and richer than lossy. Lossy is like having a stuffy nose, and Lossless is like suddenly unclogging your nostrils and being able to breath for the first time.

These speakers, and your onkyo 606 are fine and dandy, but the difference between lossy and lossless are almost imperceptible.

this is why you can have vbr MP3's that are considered transparent to the master.
post #907 of 4707 Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdas View Post

These speakers, and your onkyo 606 are fine and dandy, but the difference between lossy and lossless are almost imperceptible.

this is why you can have vbr MP3's that are considered transparent to the master.

Actually I have a 705 not a 606.
And I can tell by your answer that you don't have a reference sub, or the proper equipment with which to enjoy lossless audio. Getting the BIC speakers is only one small part of a larger equation. Just MHO.
post #908 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 AM

Liked: 11
What would the Klipsch equivalent be to the HT-88's? The F-3s or the RF-82's?
post #909 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually I have a 705 not a 606.
And I can tell by your answer that you don't have a reference sub, or the proper equipment with which to enjoy lossless audio. Getting the BIC speakers is only one small part of a larger equation. Just MHO.

+1

The difference is night and day. Lossless is MUCH fuller and it completely envelops the entire room. IMO, the highs are worlds clearer than anything I've ever heard before.

PSN & Xbox 360 Gamertag: dboss007
post #910 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder45 View Post

What would the Klipsch equivalent be to the HT-88's? The F-3s or the RF-82's?

There is no equivalent, they sound completely different.

The only similarities are in the way they look and that they also use horn tweeters.
post #911 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

+1

The difference is night and day. Lossless is MUCH fuller and it completely envelops the entire room. IMO, the highs are worlds clearer than anything I've ever heard before.

I agree with this as well. To the average listener, it may be imperceptible, but to someone who has been setting up soundboards for years like myself, there is a noticeable difference in clarity and highs. I guess its all in how you train your ears.

I am also someone who only listens to VBR mp3s, because anything less is completely noticeable and kills it for me. Compared to a lossless cd, good encoded VBR is transparent 90% of the time and much nicer on space.
post #912 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post

+1

I really don't blame Fdas much. I too was in his position, and of the same opinion until I heard lossless played through the right equipment at a friend's house.

I have since spent almost 4 grand improving my system. My final touch was getting 3 pairs of HT-75 and a 63 center to go with my HSU subs.
When you hear true lossless sound, you never go back to lossy.
post #913 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

I agree with this as well. To the average listener, it may be imperceptible, but to someone who has been setting up soundboards for years like myself, there is a noticeable difference in clarity and highs. I guess its all in how you train your ears.

I am also someone who only listens to VBR mp3s, because anything less is completely noticeable and kills it for me. Compared to a lossless cd, good encoded VBR is transparent 90% of the time and much nicer on space.

Right you are.
post #914 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:

I really don't blame Fdas much. I too was in his position, and of the same opinion until I heard lossless played through the right equipment at a friend's house.

I have since spent almost 4 grand improving my system. My final touch was getting 3 pairs of HT-75 and a 63 center to go with my HSU subs.

Transparent to the master means: imperceptible.
post #915 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Transparent to the master means: imperceptible.

Believe whatever man.
post #916 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:

Believe whatever man.

I will.

You go on believing that your local movie theater has 'lossless' sound. Keep telling everyone that Dolby True HD is like having the movie theater at home.
post #917 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can you help me out then? Can I get true HD out of my Xbox 360 HDDVD add-on? I have some HDDVDs that have true HD on them I'm sure (Matrix trilogy?) but this quote confuses me.

Quote:

The fact that HD DVD players cannot send Dolby TrueHD (encoded) signal out over HDMI is not so important, as they do have built-in Dolby TrueHD decoders that convert Dolby TrueHD to multi-channel (uncompressed) PCM and send that over HDMI. Any version of HDMI can support multi-channel PCM, so if you have a receiver that can extract multi-channel PCM out of HDMI (whether it's HDMI 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or whatever), you can enjoy Dolby TrueHD in its full glory! The same applies to Dolby Digital Plus.

Does the combination of HDMI out on my xbox + xbox hdvd player + sr606 mean I can get HD audio or not? My eyes are glazing over with all the permutations of audio.
post #918 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I will.

You go on believing that your local movie theater has 'lossless' sound. Keep telling everyone that Dolby True HD is like having the movie theater at home.

And you, go on being ignorant.

I was merely explaining the "MOVIE EXPERIENCE" not technical info. You, on the other hand, are confirming with every post that you do not have the proper equipment with which to enjoy lossless audio.
post #919 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:

And you, go on being ignorant.

I was merely explaining the "MOVIE EXPERIENCE" not technical info. You, on the other hand, are confirming with every post that you do not have the proper equipment with which to enjoy lossless audio.

I'm not saying that there is no difference at all between lossless / lossy. Specifically, lossless removes the possibility of a really poorly done lossy encode, which would comprise the sound.

However, to make give the impression that the sound is muffled or, unclear with a well made 1.5 mb DTS, is just hyperbole, and it does no credit to your credibility.

To get on your high horse about sound systems is pretty silly as well, since my 2 channel stereo system cost about as much as your 7.1 + receiver setup.

High quality speakers vs. low quality speakers will make a larger impact on the fidelity of the sound, than moving from DD -> True HD.

The sound quality experience would be rated something like this:

worst overall to best overall.

HTIB/DD
HTIB/TrueHD
quality speakers/DD
quality speakers/TrueHD

The problem is that the jump from HTIB/TrueHD, up to quality speakers/DD is enormous, and much larger than going from quality speakers/DD to quality speakers/TrueHD.
post #920 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM

My sr606 and monoprice speaker wire are being delivered today! That will be enough to complete my 3.1 setup (HT-75's, HT-63, and HT-100) I'm debating the ht-63's or ht-75s for the rears(as i believe some other's are) but as this is my first HT setup, im sure 3.1 will be enough to make me happy for now.

Not sure what to do about mounting center channel yet, but now im thinking about wall mounting my tv as opposed to on a stand (where it is now) and putting the center below it. I've read good reviews about the monoprice lcd mount (for around $25) - anyone have any thoughts on this?
post #921 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvram View Post

Can you help me out then? Can I get true HD out of my Xbox 360 HDDVD add-on? I have some HDDVDs that have true HD on them I'm sure (Matrix trilogy?) but this quote confuses me.

Does the combination of HDMI out on my xbox + xbox hdvd player + sr606 mean I can get HD audio or not? My eyes are glazing over with all the permutations of audio.

I don't think know much about the HD DVD Add-on with the X-box. But I would assume that if the HD DVD movie played on the Add-on is been sent to a capable reciever via HDMI, most of the audio would be intact.

I prefer a standalone player (like the HD-XA2 or HD-A35) that can bitstream the raw audio to a capable AVR that can then decode the raw, unadulterated feed. I own the HD-A35 and the Panasonic BD30K Blu-ray player, and they both bitstream.
post #922 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalerno View Post

My sr606 and monoprice speaker wire are being delivered today! That will be enough to complete my 3.1 setup (HT-75's, HT-63, and HT-100) I'm debating the ht-63's or ht-75s for the rears(as i believe some other's are) but as this is my first HT setup, im sure 3.1 will be enough to make me happy for now.

Not sure what to do about mounting center channel yet, but now im thinking about wall mounting my tv as opposed to on a stand (where it is now) and putting the center below it. I've read good reviews about the monoprice lcd mount (for around $25) - anyone have any thoughts on this?

I bought a great stand on Amazon for my center for only $42 shipped. It is made by CC Hardwood Series. The model is Cc-12 (I guess because it sits 12" from the floor).

One of the things that I love about the HT-75 as rears, and I am sure that Lilmike would agree, is the fact that you don't need stands...and they look really puurrrty.
post #923 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:

I don't think know much about the HD DVD Add-on with the X-box. But I would assume that if the HD DVD movie played on the Add-on is been sent to a capable reciever via HDMI, most of the audio would be intact.

I prefer a standalone player (like the HD-XA2 or HD-A35) that can bitstream the raw audio to a capable AVR that can then decode the raw, unadulterated feed. I own the HD-A35 and the Panasonic BD30K Blu-ray player, and they both bitstream.

Whether or not the player decodes it, or the AVR decodes it, there should be no difference in sound.

Its packed up like a zip file, if both have been certified to 'unzip' the sound, then they both unpack it correctly.

I don't think that the xbox 360 outputs any of the lossless audio formats in any way.

I may be wrong. I do not own one.
post #924 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:

I bought a great stand on Amazon for my center for only $42 shipped. It is made by CC Hardwood Series. The model is Cc-12 (I guess because it sits 12" from the floor).

One of the things that I love about the HT-75 as rears, and I am sure that Lilmike would agree, is the fact that you don't need stands...and they look really puurrrty.

Thanks for the tip - THat stand looks pretty nice, but it would sit in front of my tv console :/ ill make up my mind soon about wall mounting the tv or not.
post #925 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

There is no equivalent, they sound completely different.

The only similarities are in the way they look and that they also use horn tweeters.

In what ways do the BIC's sound different than the Klipsch?? I've never heard them but i've heard the Klipsch. Just trying to get an idea....

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #926 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

In what ways do the BIC's sound different than the Klipsch?? I've never heard them but i've heard the Klipsch. Just trying to get an idea....

The BIC Acoustech line was designed wit collaboration with Dr. Hsu of HSU subs.
Here is just one of the many reviews that I read before pulling the trigger on the BIC:

http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAR04/component/comp1.html

Quote:

This was my first audition of speakers with horn tweeter systems and I have to say that I was generally impressed with the Klipsch line. The Synergy series was a little boomy with its bass handling and the Reference series lacked some bass, but to their credit, both lines were very efficient and had great dynamic range. Either Klipsch series would make for a solid home theater speaker system.

The Acoustech speaker line knocked my socks off. Since the Acoustech system is significantly less expensive than both the comparable Klipsch Synergy and Klipsch Reference systems, it would have been commendable for the Acoustechs just to be competitive in sonic quality. The remarkable thing is that the Acoustech system, at $1,199.00, surpasses the performance of the two Klipsch systems which cost $600.00 and $1,200.00 more. The Acoustechs have a more balanced sound, a greater dynamic range, and superior cosmetics than the Klipschs, plus the Acoustechs are also efficient. In terms of value and performance, I give the Acoustech speaker line my highest recommendation.

post #927 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 PM

can some one tell me witch sub is best for the money

eD A2-300 sub
cadence CSX-15
ht-100
i am replaceing a klipsch ksw10
witch has lost half the bass guessing the amp has gone bad
thanks guys
and king david thank you for the diagram of room set up

and also does anyone know witch fills a room better forward facing subb
or floor facing
thanks again
post #928 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

The xbox360 add-on cannot do lossless audio or truehd, even over hdmi. it converts the audio to DD or DTS 1.5.
post #929 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

that can bitstream the raw audio to a capable AVR that can then decode the raw, unadulterated feed.

What I want you to tell me is "Yes! The SR606 can do (what you said above)!"

I am running hard trying to get up to speed here. These stinking audio formats are driving me crazy. Now I hear someone saying 'set your avr to WMA mode'. WHAT?? How many different audio tracks & conversion permutations are there? Like 500,000??
post #930 of 4707 Old 10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvram View Post

What I want you to tell me is "Yes! The SR606 can do (what you said above)!"

I am running hard trying to get up to speed here. These stinking audio formats are driving me crazy. Now I hear someone saying 'set your avr to WMA mode'. WHAT?? How many different audio tracks & conversion shenanigans are there? Like 500,000??

Yes! The SR606 can do (what you said above)!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Bic Acoustech , Bic Acoustech Pl 89 Speakers , Acoustech By Bic , Bic Acoustech Pl 76 Tower Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 26 Center Speaker , Bic Acoustech Pl 28 Center Speaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page