Originally Posted by lilmike2069
1. I thought they looked kinda ugly and cheap
2. The sensitivity on those speakers is a lot lower than BIC which means a lot
3. Those speakers use traditional dome tweeters and the acoustech's use horns.
I'm pretty certain that the Acoustech's are a much better set of speakers. My opinion will stand that they are THE BEST speakers that you can get for the money. You will be hard pressed to put together a system that has anywhere near the sound quality and build quality and appearance of the acoustech system that i put together. If you doubled your budget you could probably do a little better, but not for this price. Just my 2 cents... who knows, you might think that those speakers are perfect for you
You seem a bit ignorant and biased now. A bit more biased than a regular owner would. Are you affiliated with BIC by any means?
1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but by no means are these ugly: http://www.bicacoustechspeakers.com/...d=270&offset=2
Gloss black top, cherry sides, doesn't look ugly to me, but whatever floats your boat.
2. Okay, so the PA8Fs sensitivity is 6db lower than the HT-88. Most people will have a reciever with atleast 100wpc anyways, not too big of a deal unless you're using tubes. Even then... Not such a big deal.
3. Horns and Domes are a matter of taste, neither is better than the other. Now their is such a thing as a tweeter being more suitable in a situation (such as PA's. Horns are 'better' (thus more efficient, superior) at throwing sound, and lots of it, farther distances.
I wouldn't really rule out the PA8Fs. They're extremely neutral.
Regarding built quality.. The PA8Fs and the HT88s are roughly the same weight. Weight is usually a good sign of quality. According to this: http://www.bicacoustechspeakers.com/...d=269&offset=2
the PA8C and the HT-85 weigh the same.
I've heard the HT-75s, pretty darn good speakers. Also heard the PA8Fs. To me they seem more neutral, 'better' as you may term it.
Although that is an unfair comparison. Judging by the speaker types used, I think it would be fair to say that the HT88s would have a better off axis response (if it is a true horn tweeter) versus the the PA8Fs. Although the PA's will sound less in your face and neautral and probably better for music.