Monoprice in-wall, in-ceiling speakers - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1831 of 1890 Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
freetvEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am getting ready to install the Monoprice 6816s today! Is it necessary to build some speaker boxes out of MDF or are they good enough on their own? Most of my wall already have spray in insulation...

I also have no room for a Center speaker so just doing a Phantom Center with the 6816s as L/R. Would I be better standing the 6816s vertical or horizontal? thanks!
freetvEE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1832 of 1890 Old 06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvEE View Post

I am getting ready to install the Monoprice 6816s today! Is it necessary to build some speaker boxes out of MDF or are they good enough on their own? Most of my wall already have spray in insulation...

I also have no room for a Center speaker so just doing a Phantom Center with the 6816s as L/R. Would I be better standing the 6816s vertical or horizontal? thanks!

It will not make a difference in vert or horiz placement. Each driver emits a different freq range. If you had multiple drivers with the same crossover (like a center channel) then horizontal would work best for a wide sound stage.

I'd say vertical (if they fit) would probably look best.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is online now  
post #1833 of 1890 Old 06-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
freetvEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post

It will not make a difference in vert or horiz placement. Each driver emits a different freq range. If you had multiple drivers with the same crossover (like a center channel) then horizontal would work best for a wide sound stage.

I'd say vertical (if they fit) would probably look best.

Thanks, wasnt sure based off of the fact that I am not doing a center channel if it mattered. I will just go ahead and place them vertical then.

Any thoughts on how much improvement in sound (if any) I will get from taking the effort to build speaker boxes for these Monoprice 6816s?
freetvEE is offline  
post #1834 of 1890 Old 06-09-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetvEE View Post

Thanks, wasnt sure based off of the fact that I am not doing a center channel if it mattered. I will just go ahead and place them vertical then.

Any thoughts on how much improvement in sound (if any) I will get from taking the effort to build speaker boxes for these Monoprice 6816s?

They are designed for in-wall (between stud) installation. If the wall that you are installing them in does not have insulation, I recommend putting some in there. Otherwise, you could have vibration and echoing in the studs and drywall.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
climber07 is online now  
post #1835 of 1890 Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Member
 
jperezmvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I'd like some recommendations on some Monoprice speakers. I have a Denon 2311ci as my avr and a pair of Elan MM 650w in wall speakers which are not mounted. I like the 6317 as a center but I've read suggestions to get the 7604 as the LCR channels. My question is where could I put the Elan speakers? surround or rear surround? and can I mix 6 ohm (7604) with 8 ohm speakers in the 7.1 without harming them? Thank you.
jperezmvp is offline  
post #1836 of 1890 Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperezmvp View Post
Hi all. I'd like some recommendations on some Monoprice speakers. I have a Denon 2311ci as my avr and a pair of Elan MM 650w in wall speakers which are not mounted. I like the 6317 as a center but I've read suggestions to get the 7604 as the LCR channels. My question is where could I put the Elan speakers? surround or rear surround? and can I mix 6 ohm (7604) with 8 ohm speakers in the 7.1 without harming them? Thank you.

If you like the 6317 for a center channel I would just use 3 of those as LCR. The advantage of the 6317 over the 7604 is that the 6317 can be placed horizontally above or below your tv and have symmetrical dispersion.

The 7604 has better low-end extension, but I would only use it if you are willing to mount all 3 vertically.

Also it won't matter if you use a mixture of 8 and 6 ohm speakers.
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1837 of 1890 Old 06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Member
 
jperezmvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Smith View Post
If you like the 6317 for a center channel I would just use 3 of those as LCR. The advantage of the 6317 over the 7604 is that the 6317 can be placed horizontally above or below your tv and have symmetrical dispersion.

The 7604 has better low-end extension, but I would only use it if you are willing to mount all 3 vertically.

Also it won't matter if you use a mixture of 8 and 6 ohm speakers.
Thank you for your response Daniel. I took advantage of the father's day sale and ordered the 6317 for my center channel. I also ordered four of the 4101 speakers, two as my front R/L and the other two I'll use as rears. The Elan MM 650 will be the surrounds. Do you have any suggestions on an inexpensive subwoofer? Thanks again
jperezmvp is offline  
post #1838 of 1890 Old 06-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Member
 
charvel74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperezmvp View Post
Thank you for your response Daniel. I took advantage of the father's day sale and ordered the 6317 for my center channel. I also ordered four of the 4101 speakers, two as my front R/L and the other two I'll use as rears. The Elan MM 650 will be the surrounds. Do you have any suggestions on an inexpensive subwoofer? Thanks again
Parts express Dayton subs are pretty cheap. I got the 1500 (15") its pretty powerful for the price
charvel74 is offline  
post #1839 of 1890 Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by charvel74 View Post
Parts express Dayton subs are pretty cheap. I got the 1500 (15") its pretty powerful for the price
Yes the Dayton SUB-1500 and SUB-1200 are both worth looking at for cheap subwoofers, BIC Formula F-12 is another decent cheap option. If you don't mind spending some of your own time building your own Dayton makes some kits that are good value as well.

If you want a step up in quality look at HSU, SVS and Rythmik subwoofers.
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1840 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking about getting 7604's for LRC. Anyone want to split a 7604 pair ($50s shipped)?

Also wondering what surrounds to pair with them -- 4103, 6034, or 7605. I'll have a separate powered subwoofer. This will be mainly used for movies in a 5.1 system.
aeroguy is offline  
post #1841 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Member
 
kpotier16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedders View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by AMAAudioDude

Daton does not make their speakers. They outsource to Mitec I believe. They are the same as these: http://outdoorspeakerstore.com/user/...il.php?pid=172
but just a bit different design.

AMAAudioDude


Almost nobody makes their own speakers. The majority are made in a handful of plants in Asia for most of the US brands. This is especially true in this price range.

For speakers (with rare exception), you get what you pay for. All these low-priced speakers probably sound fine for low-level background music. If this is your only expectation, I'd buy the one that is most convenient for you to purchase.

Carl

This is not always a bad thing however. Some companies that make the actual drivers do a very good job of it. For instance, I have a pair of advent b2r ambers. Their drivers are made by peerless speakers in denmark. They sound a lot better than what Jensen (the owner of advent during that time) typically makes.
kpotier16 is offline  
post #1842 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Newbie
 
maverick_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguy View Post
Thinking about getting 7604's for LRC. Anyone want to split a 7604 pair ($50s shipped)?

Also wondering what surrounds to pair with them -- 4103, 6034, or 7605. I'll have a separate powered subwoofer. This will be mainly used for movies in a 5.1 system.

Well I can't speak for all the speakers you mention but I have 5 7604's and they kick ass. That with two of Monoprice's in wall 10" subs and the system really comes to life. I also have a pair of 4929 to complete my 7.2 HT system (chose them because I had to use ceiling speakers for the side surrounds) and they also do a good job.

The 7604 are very clear and versatile speakers. They're just as good for action movies as they are for drama. They do need at least one good subwoofer to complete the sound spectrum.
maverick_goose is offline  
post #1843 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Member
 
charvel74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_goose View Post
Well I can't speak for all the speakers you mention but I have 5 7604's and they kick ass. That with two of Monoprice's in wall 10" subs and the system really comes to life. I also have a pair of 4929 to complete my 7.2 HT system (chose them because I had to use ceiling speakers for the side surrounds) and they also do a good job.

The 7604 are very clear and versatile speakers. They're just as good for action movies as they are for drama. They do need at least one good subwoofer to complete the sound spectrum.
I have the 4929s for my surrounds. They sound great much better than I had expected for the price.
charvel74 is offline  
post #1844 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Newbie
 
maverick_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by charvel74 View Post
I have the 4929s for my surrounds. They sound great much better than I had expected for the price.
Totally agree. They're also much bigger than what I expected and the 7604's.
maverick_goose is offline  
post #1845 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_goose View Post
Totally agree. They're also much bigger than what I expected and the 7604's.
Do you guys point the 15deg angled woofer on the 4929s at the central listening position (for movie watching)? Or bounce off the back wall?

Everyone talks about the 7604s but I never hear anything on the 8" product (6816).
aeroguy is offline  
post #1846 of 1890 Old 06-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Member
 
charvel74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
In my setup the surrounds are about a foot behind the couch at a 45 degree angle. So I angled the subs towards the middle of the couch when I installed them. Hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	140882  
charvel74 is offline  
post #1847 of 1890 Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 AM
Member
 
keithbanford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I was wondering if anyone could recommend any ceiling speakers for lcr use. I currently have the 4103's installed but they really dont sound good. I am using a subwoofer with these
thanks
keithbanford is offline  
post #1848 of 1890 Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just purchased a suite of monoprice in ceiling and in wall speakers.

6317 for center

4929s for the rear and sides

6816s for the front

My configuration for the front is a 65" TV with a 5x2 foot fireplace underneath. The wall this configuration is on is 72" so 6 feet. We are planning to place the center channel speaker above the TV and the two front speakers below between the TV and the fireplace.

My question is, is putting the front speakers on their sides horizontally as apposed to vertically going to affect the sound at all?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm a total noob lol

edit: Here is a picture of my idea


Last edited by SahilK; 06-29-2014 at 03:37 PM.
SahilK is offline  
post #1849 of 1890 Old 06-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Newbie
 
maverick_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by charvel74 View Post
In my setup the surrounds are about a foot behind the couch at a 45 degree angle. So I angled the subs towards the middle of the couch when I installed them. Hope that helps
Same here and it works well with my setup.
maverick_goose is offline  
post #1850 of 1890 Old 06-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Newbie
 
maverick_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilK View Post
My question is, is putting the front speakers on their sides horizontally as apposed to vertically going to affect the sound at all?
I doubt you will be able to hear any difference but you could test it for yourself and see. I put my front 7604's vertically and my center horizontally but I don't think I could tell the difference either way.
maverick_goose is offline  
post #1851 of 1890 Old 06-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_goose View Post
I doubt you will be able to hear any difference but you could test it for yourself and see. I put my front 7604's vertically and my center horizontally but I don't think I could tell the difference either way.
Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks a lot for the reply
SahilK is offline  
post #1852 of 1890 Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_goose View Post
I doubt you will be able to hear any difference but you could test it for yourself and see. I put my front 7604's vertically and my center horizontally but I don't think I could tell the difference either way.
Many speakers have different vertical/horizontal dispersion patterns. Placing them horizontal vs vertical can make a difference. Generally it won't make much difference if you are directly in front of the speaker, but if you are off to the side by 30-45 degrees and can make a difference in the way it sounds.

A 7604 mounted horizontally will sound brighter standing on the tweater side of the speaker than the woofer side. The sound from the tweater will be clear on its side, standing on the woofer side the sound waves from the woofer will obstruct the sound waves from the tweeter making it harder to hear the high frequency content.

I would suspect the 6816 could exhibit the same behavior. The crossover can be designed to compensate, but I doubt it at this price range...
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1853 of 1890 Old 06-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Member
 
Orangeballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys, I bought 6 6816's and 2 4929's for my 7.1 dedicated HT room. Was planning to use the 4929s as my 2 side ceiling speakers and the 6816s as my LRCs and 2 rears. I bought these last year thinking I would have limited funds once the HT was ready but now I have about $2000-$2500 to spend on my 7 speakers. Should I just hold tight and use them or is there something out there in that price range that would be a substantial upgrade? They are still unused in the original boxes. Thanks for any suggestions.
Orangeballer is offline  
post #1854 of 1890 Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeballer View Post
Hey guys, I bought 6 6816's and 2 4929's for my 7.1 dedicated HT room. Was planning to use the 4929s as my 2 side ceiling speakers and the 6816s as my LRCs and 2 rears. I bought these last year thinking I would have limited funds once the HT was ready but now I have about $2000-$2500 to spend on my 7 speakers. Should I just hold tight and use them or is there something out there in that price range that would be a substantial upgrade? They are still unused in the original boxes. Thanks for any suggestions.
I'd put the money into a pair of really nice subwoofers from HSU, SVS or Rythmik Audio. Or if you want an upgrade for the speakers you could focus on the front 3 LRC speakers.
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1855 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 05:23 AM
Member
 
Orangeballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have 2 NIB 6816's for sale. PM me if interested.
Orangeballer is offline  
post #1856 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Member
 
copene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I need some help guys... looking at the 6816 or 7604 for an angled wall but the cutouts that I will have to work with are already there and hold a junction box next to the stud (shown in RED) with the speaker wire. I don't think I'll be able to mount them vertically next to the stud because the plastic tabs that hold onto the drywall wouldn'y be able to come out on the stud side, right? Any advice on what to do BESIDES patching the pre-cut whole and starting over in the middle? See, the original plan was to slap plates up there and mount bookshelves but the in-walls would just be so nice aesthetically...

Any ideas? Would the two mentioned speakers be okay mounted horizontally?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01833.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	155585  
copene is offline  
post #1857 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
I need some help guys... looking at the 6816 or 7604 for an angled wall but the cutouts that I will have to work with are already there and hold a junction box next to the stud (shown in RED) with the speaker wire. I don't think I'll be able to mount them vertically next to the stud because the plastic tabs that hold onto the drywall wouldn'y be able to come out on the stud side, right? Any advice on what to do BESIDES patching the pre-cut whole and starting over in the middle? See, the original plan was to slap plates up there and mount bookshelves but the in-walls would just be so nice aesthetically...

Any ideas? Would the two mentioned speakers be okay mounted horizontally?
How deep is the wall? I had an almost identical situation (my wall wasn't sloped though so I probably had much more depth than you). I used a pair of 7605 circular in ceiling speakers. Their diameter and mounting bevel was wide enough that I was able to mount them all the way against the stud by rotating the speaker so a mounting clip was not against the stud.

I just positioned the cutout guide so the edge lined up perfectly with edged of the junction box against the stud. Marked the circle and cut it out. The resulting imperfections in the circle cutout were covered easily by the fairly large mounting bevel, which is about 1/2" to 3/4". The 4104 or 4929 may be large enough diameter to do the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cutout.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	155601  
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1858 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
I need some help guys... looking at the 6816 or 7604 for an angled wall but the cutouts that I will have to work with are already there and hold a junction box next to the stud (shown in RED) with the speaker wire. I don't think I'll be able to mount them vertically next to the stud because the plastic tabs that hold onto the drywall wouldn'y be able to come out on the stud side, right? Any advice on what to do BESIDES patching the pre-cut whole and starting over in the middle? See, the original plan was to slap plates up there and mount bookshelves but the in-walls would just be so nice aesthetically...

Any ideas? Would the two mentioned speakers be okay mounted horizontally?
Without seeing the back of your speakers it's hard to say, but I had a couple thoughts here. Leave the hole for the junction box alone and remove the box. Next cutout a larger hole around the junction box, but far enough away from the joist so you can use the tabs. Make sure the speaker/cover will be large enough to cover the hole.



Again, since I don't know where the tabs are it's hard to know for sure.
aeroguy is offline  
post #1859 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Smith View Post
How deep is the wall? I had an almost identical situation (my wall wasn't sloped though so I probably had much more depth than you). I used a pair of 7605 circular in ceiling speakers. Their diameter and mounting bevel was wide enough that I was able to mount them all the way against the stud by rotating the speaker so a mounting clip was not against the stud.

I just positioned the cutout guide so the edge lined up perfectly with edged of the junction box against the stud. Marked the circle and cut it out. The resulting imperfections in the circle cutout were covered easily by the fairly large mounting bevel, which is about 1/2" to 3/4". The 4104 or 4929 may be large enough diameter to do the same.
This is a good option as well. Also, can I move in with you? What a view!
aeroguy is offline  
post #1860 of 1890 Old 07-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Member
 
copene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Thanks for the help gents. The circular 7605 might actually work! I'm guessing the horizontal placement wouldn't sound right for the regular 6816 speakers huh? Because if I flipped them sideways, problem solved but I'm getting the feeling it's a no no. That diagram! thanks for your time. I thought that out as well and I think it would be too risky with the possibility of a gaping hole rather than a junction box one.

I wish it were my place, it's my auta & uncle's they just had built after tearing it down to the foundation...
copene is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
In Wall Speakers , In Ceiling Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off