Monoprice in-wall, in-ceiling speakers - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 1873 Old 07-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by copene View Post
Thanks for the help gents. The circular 7605 might actually work! I'm guessing the horizontal placement wouldn't sound right for the regular 6816 speakers huh? Because if I flipped them sideways, problem solved but I'm getting the feeling it's a no no. That diagram! thanks for your time. I thought that out as well and I think it would be too risky with the possibility of a gaping hole rather than a junction box one.

I wish it were my place, it's my auta & uncle's they just had built after tearing it down to the foundation...
The 7605 is identical to the 7604 but it is very large and very deap. Make sure you measure everything and have enough space you wouldn't be the first to get those speakers and realize that you didn't have enough room and return them.
Daniel Smith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 1873 Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Member
 
jperezmvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This was a very helpful thread; Thanks Daniel Smith and Charvel74 for the comments although I've yet to buy the sub I do like all the money I saved in opting for the Monoprice speakers. They sound great and even better once i get the sub. I posted some pics of the front and rear of the room. 6317 center, 4101 front and rear L/R and on the ceiling Elan for my surrounds. I also left some extra wires on the ceiling for additional speakers for when i get an Atmos receiver (if affordable)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-07-09 23.59.19.jpg (120.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-07-14 12.24.54.jpg (136.8 KB, 76 views)
jperezmvp is offline  
post #1863 of 1873 Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Member
 
charvel74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperezmvp View Post
This was a very helpful thread; Thanks Daniel Smith and Charvel74 for the comments although I've yet to buy the sub I do like all the money I saved in opting for the Monoprice speakers. They sound great and even better once i get the sub. I posted some pics of the front and rear of the room. 6317 center, 4101 front and rear L/R and on the ceiling Elan for my surrounds. I also left some extra wires on the ceiling for additional speakers for when i get an Atmos receiver (if affordable)
The pictures look great! Please post more once you get the rest done. I have had my Dayton sub 1500 for over a month now. It sounds fantastic and is quite powerful. Enjoy your new setup
jperezmvp likes this.
charvel74 is offline  
post #1864 of 1873 Old 08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Newbie
 
ncrules23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a single 7604 if anyone is interested. Used for about 6 months, broken in and works perfect, just replaced it with a 6816 to match the rest of my system. PM me if interested, thanks.
ncrules23 is offline  
post #1865 of 1873 Old 08-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Member
 
jaykull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am going to get 6816's for my fronts and back. Should I get another 6816 for my center or should I get the 6317?

Will there be a problem with mounting the 6816's horizontally as opposed to vertically?

Thnx
jaykull is offline  
post #1866 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Newbie
 
ncrules23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykull View Post
I am going to get 6816's for my fronts and back. Should I get another 6816 for my center or should I get the 6317?

Will there be a problem with mounting the 6816's horizontally as opposed to vertically?

Thnx
Yes I recommend getting another 6816 or a 7604 for your center. The dedicated center speakers from Monoprice are quite underpowered compared to the 6816 and 7604. And they dont even fit between 16" oc studs.
ncrules23 is offline  
post #1867 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrules23 View Post
Yes I recommend getting another 6816 or a 7604 for your center. The dedicated center speakers from Monoprice are quite underpowered compared to the 6816 and 7604. And they don't even fit between 16" oc studs.
The 6317 fits fine between two 16" on center studs. The cutout is 12 3/5".

Power handling isn't an issue at this price range...if it is you are severely miss-allocating your home theater funds.

Buying at 6816 or 7604 for a center to match the other's is fine, but I think you could get very good results by buying 3X 6317s as well.
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1868 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrules23 View Post
Yes I recommend getting another 6816 or a 7604 for your center. The dedicated center speakers from Monoprice are quite underpowered compared to the 6816 and 7604. And they dont even fit between 16" oc studs.
Not disagreeing with your assessment, but the Monoprice center channel speakers should easily fit in the 14.5" space between studs.
Overall Dimensions (WxHxD) 13 3/5" x 6 9/10" x 3"
Cutout Dimensions (WxH) 12 3/5" x 5 9/10"

What makes you think they don't?
aeroguy is offline  
post #1869 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Member
 
Daniel Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguy View Post
Not disagreeing with your assessment, but the Monoprice center channel speakers should easily fit in the 14.5" space between studs.
Overall Dimensions (WxHxD) 13 3/5" x 6 9/10" x 3"
Cutout Dimensions (WxH) 12 3/5" x 5 9/10"

What makes you think they don't?
The 4881 doesn't which was Monoprice's first center channel speaker. His information just needs to be updated with the newer model.
Daniel Smith is offline  
post #1870 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Newbie
 
ncrules23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguy View Post
Not disagreeing with your assessment, but the Monoprice center channel speakers should easily fit in the 14.5" space between studs.
Overall Dimensions (WxHxD) 13 3/5" x 6 9/10" x 3"
Cutout Dimensions (WxH) 12 3/5" x 5 9/10"

What makes you think they don't?
Bah I was wrong, center speaker 4881 does not fit, but that would be the one that would match aesthetically to the 6816, the other center they have will fit but it has the micro flange
ncrules23 is offline  
post #1871 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Member
 
ParityBit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Do you need to build enclosures for these? Or do they handle good sound without? I am looking for surround sound speakers.
ParityBit is online now  
post #1872 of 1873 Old 08-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Member
 
aeroguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Smith View Post
The 4881 doesn't which was Monoprice's first center channel speaker. His information just needs to be updated with the newer model.
Time for me to eat crow! I looked at one and assumed they were the same. Thanks for clarifying.
aeroguy is offline  
post #1873 of 1873 Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Newbie
 
maverick_goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParityBit View Post
Do you need to build enclosures for these? Or do they handle good sound without? I am looking for surround sound speakers.
It's a question about sound containment more than how they will sound. The walls will act as an enclosure no matter what but a wooden enclosure will somewhat prevent the sound from escaping the room and in that way may return a little more sound to the room (not sure about that last part but it would make sense).
maverick_goose is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
In Wall Speakers , In Ceiling Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off