Monoprice in-wall, in-ceiling speakers - Page 65 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1921 of 1928 Old 11-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
utee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have been looking at getting some in-ceiling speakers to complete my 7.1 setup. I was looking at PID 4929. Would I need to also get PID 11942 to enclose the speaker in the ceiling? I have seen other in ceiling speakers that are enclosed (Emotiva UAC 8.2) so not sure if it is needed to enclose them. The speakers will be in a bonus room that is upstairs with the ceiling having normal insualtion, not blown.
utee05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1922 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Newbie
 
wjficken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaniaci17 View Post
I ended up just buying another pair of 7604s. I have an extra if anyone is looking for a single speaker.

MPM
I have a brother who may be interested in it. Is it still available? Sorry to ask here - I don't have enough posts to PM you.
wjficken is online now  
post #1923 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Member
 
bombertodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dahl View Post
Has anyone tried out the in-ceiling speaker enclosures Monoprice is now selling? There don't have any reviews on the site yet.

Pid # 11941 & 11942
I've been playing with them all week. The plastic backbox/enclosure made the speaker sound small and cheap. It took away the bass. Then I built a mdf box because everyone on the forums swears you need a backbox for in ceiling speakers. I made it 12"x12"6" and the speakers sounded better than the plastic enclosure but the bass was still lacking. Lastly I installed them the way the instructions said with no backbox (infinite baffle) and the speakers sound great.

Klipsch RF-82II

Denon 2113ci

bombertodd is offline  
post #1924 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Newbie
 
mmaniaci17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjficken View Post
I have a brother who may be interested in it. Is it still available? Sorry to ask here - I don't have enough posts to PM you.
Yes, I still have it. Brand new, never used. Send me an email if interested
mikepmaniaci AT gmail DOT com
mmaniaci17 is offline  
post #1925 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
Newbie
 
wjficken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaniaci17 View Post
Yes, I still have it. Brand new, never used. Send me an email if interested
mikepmaniaci AT gmail DOT com
Thanks Mike. I just dropped you an email from my hotmail account.
wjficken is online now  
post #1926 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Mocs123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post
I have been looking at getting some in-ceiling speakers to complete my 7.1 setup. I was looking at PID 4929. Would I need to also get PID 11942 to enclose the speaker in the ceiling? I have seen other in ceiling speakers that are enclosed (Emotiva UAC 8.2) so not sure if it is needed to enclose them. The speakers will be in a bonus room that is upstairs with the ceiling having normal insualtion, not blown.

Will that enclosure even work with part # 4929? I am also ordering 4929 but figure I will have to build MDF boxes for them. I will have blown insulation above them though.
Mocs123 is online now  
post #1927 of 1928 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
Member
 
bombertodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocs123 View Post
Will that enclosure even work with part # 4929? I am also ordering 4929 but figure I will have to build MDF boxes for them. I will have blown insulation above them though.
I should have tried testing if the two fit. I had both, 4104 and 4209 speakers. I tried the plastic box with 4104 but the sound wasn't as good compared to regular installation (no backbox). I should have seen if the 11942 box fit the 4209 also. I tried my mdf box with the 4209 and the regular installation sounded better. I like the 4209 better than the 4104 for what it's worth. I've been trying these as my surrounds in a 5.1 setup. I think the 15 degree angle helped a lot. The highs sound better with the 4209. I have mine now installed with the blown insulation and they are working great. I'd install them and see how they sound before investing in a backbox.

Klipsch RF-82II

Denon 2113ci

bombertodd is offline  
post #1928 of 1928 Old Today, 06:00 AM
Newbie
 
mmaniaci17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjficken View Post
Thanks Mike. I just dropped you an email from my hotmail account.
Got it. Email sent back
mmaniaci17 is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
In Wall Speakers , In Ceiling Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off