Monoprice in-wall, in-ceiling speakers - Page 66 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1951 of 1953 Old 12-23-2014, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just installed the 4881 center and 2 6816's for the L/R and I am extremely happy with them. I have a smaller living room (14x16) with an 8 person sectional sofa, so I wanted to open up some space by getting rid of the floor speakers and 8 yr old DLP on a stand. Being a single dad, I had a very small budget of $1000 to get the TV and speakers, so these were perfect.
Here is a pic. I had limited options, so this arrangement was all I could do. There is a 2x12 that runs up at an angle for the stairs, so that would interfere with the left speaker if I tried to mount them next to the tv. I will be adding the rears soon, but for now I am using some old surrounds on stands.
All of the equipment is in the closet behind the Tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 1953 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
I have had the 4619 in my shopping cart for a month now, but was not sure how they would work as atmos ceiling speakers. Thanks for your feedback, makes my decision that much easier.

Where have you put the ceiling speakers? Directly over the MLP aligned with your front left and right speakers?
Unfortunately, they are about 5 feet in front of my couch, due to a ceiling heating duct, I couldn't put them right overhead. Playing the transformers Blu-ray it does definitely sound a lot fuller than a 5.1 setup.
post #1953 of 1953 Old Today, 02:43 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96p993 View Post
Great thread, just what I was looking for to keep my room a bit more discrete.

I am wondering how you guys are running the wires for all the speakers. Are you running them up then back down to one central location? Running them down then connecting them throughout the the room?

Im really thinking about a 7604-5 and 4619-2 ceiling setup.

P.S.-Would an SVS SB 1000 be overkill? Is there such a thing
Would be specific to how your room is setup. For me my bonus room is upstairs and I have attic access above so all of my wires run up to the attic and then over to a central location in the corner of the room.
Reply Speakers

Tags
In Wall Speakers , In Ceiling Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page