Monoprice in-wall, in-ceiling speakers - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

Old 10-02-2016, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sounds like a few of you have ordered the carbon fiber monoprice speakers... can you post your experience with them so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWigglerSpot View Post
Redwine, I ordered a bunch too. I wish someone had used them to let us know how they sound. I've searched the net and the only people with any experience appear to be from the monoprice website.

When you get them installed, i'd be curious as to what you think.
So how do they sound?
Old 10-30-2016, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a pair of Focal 706s that I am getting ready to build a surround sound around. I am planning to buy the CC700 as a center and I was thinking that I would get the birds as my rear speakers.

I am starting to think that I should consider atmos (I have a Yamaha RX-A2050) before I go any further. Ceiling speakers are not an option, but I am thinking that i could get 4 of the Monoprice inwall speakers that can be angled.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

They could all be horizontally mounted with the rear speakers being angled to point down toward the listening area and front presence speakers mounted on the front wall near the ceiling and angled up to get some ceiling reflection.

Thoughts?
Old Today, 02:41 PM
Gib

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amber Series Ribbon Tweeter Mounted Wrong?

I was very interested in the Amber carbon fiber 3-way with the ribbon tweeter, but looking more closely it looks like the tweeters are oriented incorrectly. They look like folded ribbon/AMT type, but the folds are always oriented vertically and the tweeters are always taller than they are wide with this type of tweeter. On these Amber speakers it is the other way, folds horizontal and wider than tall, which would give them broad vertical dispersion and narrow horizontal. This is almost never what you want. Does anyone have these speakers or noticed this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
In Wall Speakers , In Ceiling Speakers